The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 2 October 2012, 05:06 AM   #1
mastermixer
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Pretty sure I'm being scammed.

I posted a Breitling on Ebay and it ended up selling for $4,800.00

Here is the ad,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110953217878...84.m1559.l2649

The paypal user audi08 was confirmed and verified.

I shipped it out on Wed Sep 26th and she received it on Friday Sep 28th around noon. The next day I had a recording on my voice mail that said the date doesn't work and the Reference numbers on the watch don't match the papers.

I wasn't sure what she was talking about and I figured she just didn't know how to set it correctly. So I left her a message how to set it correctly and that I don't know what numbers she is talking about but everything matches.

Sunday She leaves another message that the numbers don’t match and the date still doesn’t work and she is going to return it.

I send her this message today Candace:

All our records and pictures & video of the watch during packing & shipping show matching serial numbers and working date. You will need to email pictures of the mismatch serial numbers ASAP & prior to our accepting the watch. You will also need to obtain a "Return Authorization" (RA) number from us by phone as our policy is to refuse all shipments with out prior RA numbers. You may call me M-F during business hours to apply for the RA number at 800 551-1554.

The picture of the mismatched serial numbers is required as the pictures in the ad clearly show matching numbers and working date. Also you must state the actual mismatch specifically and not just the vague words "mismatch". Please list the exact two numbers you are referring to so we can clear this up for you and state the exact "date" the watch is on.

Again you must apply for the RA number prior to return for us to accept the package. Packages without RA numbers will be refused at your expense.

Thanks,

Robert

She then replies with this:

Hi Robert,

I tried explaining it to you the first day I called, upon receiving the package. I am sorry that I can't explain it to you any better but please forgive me since this is not something I do every day. Let me try once again.....The Date on the watch it will not change when I pull the crown ( I believed it is called crown ) on the second position as you suggested. It will only change if I pulled the crown on the last position and move the Hands. After the Hands go around couple of times than the date it will change that way.

Now ss far as the numbers go, I tried taking some pictures that show exactly what I am talking about.

Thanks,
Candace

She also attached this picture

The model # on her picture is different it is A44362 While Mine is A44364. Then I type the serial # 2037998 on the picture she sends me into google and people are saying its a fake watch. She also switched my original band onto the fake watch.

Obviously she is planning on sending this fake watch back instead of mine.

Here is her info…
Residence
Candace Qazimi
62 Missal Ave
Bristol, CT 06010-4466

(860) 681-0379

candy05@sbcglobal.net

Nothing has happened with paypal yet and I have not received any packages from her but I am trying to start fighting this asap. If anyone has any advice or can help let me know.
mastermixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 05:10 AM   #2
mastermixer
"TRF" Member

Now I just got this message from her on ebay and she opened a case.

Robert,
Unfortunately, I see where this is going. I trusted you guys and purchased the watch. Called you right away upon receiving it with the concern of the date not working. You told me to try the crown on the second position. I did just that with no success. Then I asked about the numbers not matching the paper work. You told me that breitling does that. Where it only matches the first two numbers. Again, that's not the case here. Ran home this morning from work so I can take those pictures that I sent you, clearly showing the problem. Now you are asking for more pictures ?? You simply do not want to take the watch back. I am sorry but I am not keeping a non working watch with numbers not matching. Watch is on the way back to you and you can look at all you want then.I am very upset and don't have any more time to go back and fourth with this since I have a full time job and two little kids. Opening a claim with e-bay and paypal.
Old 2 October 2012, 05:16 AM   #3
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
That's no good. Hopefully your previous feedback helps with PayPal.
Hope it works out for you Robert
Old 2 October 2012, 05:27 AM   #4
NYMike
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610,1675, 116518
That's a mess.
NYMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 05:31 AM   #5
perpetualman88
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610, 5712/1A
Shoot this is not good mate. This is exactly why ebay/paypal is sketch

Did the funds hit your available balance in paypal and were you able to transfer out to your bank account before the case was opened? I sure hope so

Please let us know how it fairs out for you. This is a well thought out scam and I hope paypal has the vigilance to see past this scammer ( I just hate leaving it in paypals hands :( )
perpetualman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 05:35 AM   #6
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
this sucks, hope it works out
Old 2 October 2012, 05:35 AM   #7
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
Common scam actually. Buyer fraud is worst than seller fraud. I hope you dont loose anything.

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
greekbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 05:36 AM   #8
mastermixer
"TRF" Member

edit
Old 2 October 2012, 05:41 AM   #9
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear this. Makes me sick what scammers get up to these days.
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 05:42 AM   #10
RTea
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 116610LN
The scary thing is that ebay and paypal tend to side with buyers over sellers. However, it's clear that she's pulling a fast one and you have the evidence to prove that.

I don't know the Breitling Bentley line very well, but that attached picture looks like a cheap fake and its obviously not the watch you sent.

Best of luck! Put together all of the evidence in a package and attached a letter with what is going on and highlighting all of your evidence. Terrible situation and one of the reasons I worry about ebay.

It might even help if you get video documenting receipt of the returned package and opening it in the presence of the postal courier and verifying it is not the watch you sent.
RTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 05:44 AM   #11
TimeToGo

Very sorry to hear this.

As you have suggested, I would recommend contacting Paypal ASAP of the incoming fraud.

Hopefully you mailed the watch via a "tracking" postal courier and insured. You will need this on your case.
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 06:10 AM   #12
FNFZ4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: None
thats why i never sell on ebay. i hope they side with you on this. but the fact of the matter is, ebay and paypal always side with buyers unfortunately.

Watches:
Patek 5205G | Patek 5167A | 16613 Serti | 116718 Green | 216570 Black | 16700 Pepsi

Wish list:
Patek 5726/1 | AP RG Ceramic | Patek 5712 | Patek 5130
FNFZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 06:33 AM   #13
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
I will never sell a watch online. Well, OK, to some of you guys on trf. But not to a stranger. Never.
(Disclosure never sold a watch online)
Old 2 October 2012, 06:50 AM   #14
hsfrank
"TRF" Member

Watch: President
I am sorry to hear this. The only negative feedback I received from a buyer was refuted by ebay. I won the case because she refused to document her allegations. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully you got your money before she filed a case.

Time and Tide wait for no man

Rolex Cellini 4133
Tudor North Flag

HERS:
Rolex TTDJ
hsfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 07:02 AM   #15
MoBe
"TRF" Member

This is why eBay and Paypal will never have me as a seller,it`s too easy to pull a buyers scam,all you have to do is lie through your teeth.I think I`ve seen reports of this exact scam pulled several times in the last year on watch deals alone,I can only imagine how many times it happens to other sellers on eBay.

I hope this time Paypal are able to figure out who`s scamming who.

Good luck with your case Robert!
MoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 07:18 AM   #16
linesiders

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
When the stars are in alignment, I'll buy a watch from Ebay from excellent sellers with quality feedback on like items but stuff like this makes me refuse to sell anything worth more than a couple hundred.

Good luck and I hope you can resolve this in your favor.
Old 2 October 2012, 07:19 AM   #17
andyboy39
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date
Unbelievable how someone can do this, and to add, also make you feel guilty with the addition of letting you know she has a full time job and two kids to look after so she doesn't have time for this!!!! Very sad indeed, hope it works out for you but like most people have stated, it usually goes towards the buyer.
andyboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 07:28 AM   #18
77T

I am small time on eBay so I take time to document what ships with a pic containing the watch, date and my seller ID (like what TRF sometimes asks sellers to post). It's not perfect but it sets the stage.

Hope for the best in your matter - please keep us informed. If you win (as you should) maybe post a new Watch Out item with the eBay buyer's ID in the title to help other TRF members?

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 07:40 AM   #19
caryyee
"TRF" Member

ebay / paypal seems to always favour the buyer, that's why I would never sell an expensive watch on ebay unless it's done face to face and with cash.

I hope it turns out well for you although it sounds like it's a deliberate and well thought out scam :-(((
caryyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 08:22 AM   #20
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

that really is a bummer, i hope it works out, but ebay stinks and so does paypal for sellers.
Old 2 October 2012, 08:36 AM   #21
mrbill2mrbill2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
I hope the best for you winning this BS claim. In the last year it seems like eBay and PayPal always side with the seller no matter what proof the seller submits.

Old 2 October 2012, 08:50 AM   #22
mastermixer
"TRF" Member

The seller or the buyer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbill2mrbill2 View Post
I hope the best for you winning this BS claim. In the last year it seems like eBay and PayPal always side with the seller no matter what proof the seller submits.

Old 2 October 2012, 09:37 AM   #23
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
I find this post title wording odd. Your title says "Pretty sure I'm being scammed", if you sent the watch you said you did there is no pretty sure about it you are.
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 09:52 AM   #24
beetleything
"TRF" Member

Watch: the next one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
I find this post title wording odd. Your title says "Pretty sure I'm being scammed", if you sent the watch you said you did there is no pretty sure about it you are.
Yes well i think he knows know compared to when he made his first post.

Like others have said - you will have to hope for the best and present your evidence which sounds like you have some - so hopefully you fair ok.

Good Luck i hope for the best outcome for you.
beetleything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 09:56 AM   #25
Justinsyndicate
Banned

I sent an email simply saying hundreds of people are on to her scam, please drop it already.
Justinsyndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 10:08 AM   #26
Falcons82
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600 Sea Dweller
Interesting thread...I just joined TRF earlier tonight and there is some good stuff in the forum.

I have never sold anything on EBay much less a watch, but was considering selling my AT 8500 to buy a Sub C in the next several months, so guess I should look at selling locally as opposed to online huh...
Falcons82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 10:08 AM   #27
beetleything
"TRF" Member

Watch: the next one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinsyndicate View Post
I sent an email simply saying hundreds of people are on to her scam, please drop it already.
Ehmm i don't think that will help much...

I think the seller needs to get his evidence to Paypal and ebay and we all wish him the best and our support.
beetleything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 10:21 AM   #28
Justinsyndicate
Banned

I sure hope that "dummy" blast is an emoticon on your end and just reading that way on my end; my kindergartner doesn't even throw that around. FWIW I don't think it will help at all but if I was getting flooded with email saying people were on to my scam, I'd start sweating a bit. I'm not a scammer so what do I know.
Justinsyndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2012, 10:23 AM   #29
mastermixer
"TRF" Member

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinsyndicate View Post
Old 2 October 2012, 10:24 AM   #30
hainguyenhn
"TRF" Member

I'm sorry to say this but most likely ebay/paypal will favor buyer. As soon as she can provide tracking number showing you have receive the watch back. Ebay/paypal will automatically pulled back your money and refund to buyer. Maybe, maybe you can track down the package and refuse it upon arrival, it can buy you time to figure something out.
hainguyenhn is offline   Reply With Quote