The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 1 September 2016, 03:21 AM   #571
Rich M
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King+Explorer1
New Jersey experiences

Does anyone have recommendations for vintage NJ dealers?
Rich M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2016, 10:36 PM   #572
Chrispare
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona SS
I highly recommend Olivine prestige Paris vintage dealer.
Chrispare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2016, 01:31 PM   #573
maxymax
"TRF" Member

Dear Senior Pros...
Looking to buy my first Rolex, either GMT or the Submariner. I already own Tag, Omega, Hamilton, Oris, Steinhart and Stowa.
Wondering why David SW isn't on this list?
Thanks, again, mates!
Cheers!
maxymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2016, 01:33 PM   #574
maxymax
"TRF" Member

Dear Rlx Pros..
What are your thoughts about this one?
http://davidsw.com/product/rolex-116...h-blue-dial-4/
Cheers!
Old 28 September 2016, 02:17 PM   #575
maxymax
"TRF" Member

Anyone can answer to my post, please?
Old 28 September 2016, 02:18 PM   #576
maxymax
"TRF" Member

Else please let me know if it's the wrong thread...
Old 28 September 2016, 02:39 PM   #577
jdmi32
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxymax View Post
This thread focuses on vintage watch dealers, which David SW is not. But he sells tons, and I mean tons of newer Rolex watches and is one of the best in the business and is a forum favorite. He's always quick to answer questions and is extremely easy to deal with.
jdmi32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2016, 05:54 PM   #578
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxymax View Post
Yes, it's the wrong thread - this is the "List of vintage watch dealers" thread.
Old 30 September 2016, 01:01 PM   #579
maxymax
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmi32 View Post
This thread focuses on vintage watch dealers, which David SW is not. But he sells tons, and I mean tons of newer Rolex watches and is one of the best in the business and is a forum favorite. He's always quick to answer questions and is extremely easy to deal with.
Thanks, Ky!
Old 30 September 2016, 01:01 PM   #580
maxymax
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent65 View Post
Yes, it's the wrong thread - this is the "List of vintage watch dealers" thread.
Thanks, Vincent!
Old 2 October 2016, 04:05 PM   #581
okthenor
"TRF" Member

Matt Bain should be on this list.
okthenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2016, 09:45 PM   #582
Aarapparent
"TRF" Member

Jon Goldfarb at Second Time Around in Los Angeles. http://www.secondtimearoundwatchco.com/

Very knowledgable and the best policy on returns/exchanges/authenticity I have seen.
Aarapparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2016, 05:57 PM   #583
hartonohosea
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
anyone has address of classic or vintage dealer in Shanghai? I am planning to go there this Xmas
hartonohosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2016, 07:19 AM   #584
Springbok10
"TRF" Member

David Kim (frogman4me) -watches with patina

Had an outstanding experience in buying my grail from David and he has my highest recommendation. I have been on the hunt for a DRSD for a year and saw one posted for sale on Davids (frogman4me) instagram. He answered all my questions and was very knowledgeable in vintage watches. It was a pleasure speaking with him over the course of deciding on the watch. My satisfaction was a priority to David and I was never pressured. Even after deciding to buy the watch, David went the extra mile and had his watchmaker make sure it was in top condition. The watch arrived yesterday and I could not be happier. Thanks David!!
Springbok10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2016, 09:01 AM   #585
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

Michael Morgan http://www.iconicwatchcompany.com/

Great guy to deal with.
Old 6 January 2017, 11:20 AM   #586
clarkhardball
"TRF" Member

I can personally vouch for Alex Ciani and team. Goodfellas.

www.alexciani.com

Top class, legit, more than 2 decades in the business as per some of the popular dealers who are his close friends.
clarkhardball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2017, 11:09 PM   #587
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Hi, haven't updated this list for a while, pasting to end of thread with qualifying updates, do keep the reviews coming in

Vintage purchase experience Feedback List
************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************

Note: A member making a recommendation (a member making recommendations should not be a commercial seller or dealer here or elsewhere) will require to have atleast 50 posts in the "Vintage Section" before recommending a seller they've made a vintage Rolex watch purchase from. This is to avoid fly by members making recommendations here. Offcourse a more accurate way to cross check fly by recommendations is by also cross checking who the members making recommendations are in the the "Purchase Reference List" to ensure that recommendations are from regular forumers/genuine buyers. Lastly, a reminder that while this list is an attempt to assist newbies entering the vintage Rolex world, it can never be 100% and should not be used as a shortcut for doing your own research for the best outcome with your purchases. Nevertheless, it's the best shot we have at putting a genuine list together with some checks and balances in place, enjoy!

Green Star status sellers:

Sellers awaiting one recommendation:
  • N/A

Sellers awaiting 3 member recommendations: [Sellers in this list below either have a) fewer than three recommendations or are b) Speculative with no prior proven forum member purchase history here and are yet to be tried and tested by forum regulars]

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).Also note that a single forumer purchasing 2 or more watches from a seller will be considered as one reference and not two.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers. Forumers have kindly made recommendations here for sellers so that it helps newcomers here, thanks guys for that! Also this list can help confirm are genuine known forumers/buyers making buyer recommendations and you can do that by having a look at their historic posts here, feel free to use the search function to look up their historic threads for posted watch pictures. Though not 100%, the purpose of this purchase reference list is also to hopefully discourage proxy buyers who make fake recommendations on a dealers behalf so that they think twice before making a recommendation here since to prospective buyers, their thread history is only a simple thread search away. Finally, do make inquiries on the forum.

Jedly (Steelerfan65,bb3188,alanski,Vincent65,Mark020,Fro gman4me)
Eric Ku (ddrees,steelerfan65,skyedog,Beaumont Miller II, Vincent65,Frogman4me)
Ben (Jason71,yessir69,desfrie,inspires,lasavoldi,vkych oo,Frogman4me)
Jacek (ezinternet,Submarino,Mark020,shairan,psv,inspires , RLX-lvr, Beef,droptopman)
Andrew Shear (Steelerfan65,Tcaviglioli,Beaumont Miller II,bluemartinfan,Skyedog,Buffy,inspires,Frogman4me , Mark020,qadhi)
Ralle (florianw,Burswood)
Ian Blowers (DiamondJack, chiubak,Monobike)
Jason Graham (learningtofly,alanski,badastronaut)
Derek Dier (ezinternetr,Blassy,sryukon,CdnWatchDoc)
Nick Gogas (77T,Jason71,watchcrank,motoikkyu,bluemartinifan)
Mike Wood (Ross Povey,The Laird)

Beginner reading guide threads (Please feel free to suggest some more here)

1) Forum members here have helped create this extremely helpful vintage watch terms list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...highlight=list
2) A forumer feedback generated vintage references list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180464 (Ignore the pricing info since the prices are just a range and might not be uptodate in all cases, are highly market condition dependent but gives a good understanding of the various Rolex references available, please feel free to sugest updates in this thread)
3) A vintage watch repairer list by country created with forumer input. http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...atch+repairers. Please reverify with forumers here before sending your watches to repairers on the list to make sure you get the latest update on them.
4) Most importantly, look up historic threads on this vintage forum, a wealth of knowledge there.

NB: While this list serves to collate all vintage watch dealers forumers have possibly dealt with (from fellow forumers comments above) in one place, it in no way is a measure of the quality/originality of the watches that are on sale with them. Please conduct your own due diligence before you make any purchases by asking questions on the forum, posting pictures, getting references, etc. Also please notify us of any concerns and if the forumers agree I can take them off this list.

VERY IMPORTANT: As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from sellers listed as having a green star, since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future. So ask questions and verify watches through the forum "before" you buy any vintage watch. This is a forumer purchase experience list aimed at helping newbies find a vintage from known sources and is not an official recommendation list or a substitute for doing proper research on watches and sellers before you buy.

Hacked Accounts: There have been some instances when sellers accounts (websites and emails) have been hacked into and used by criminals to dupe buyers. Please try atleast making a phone call to the dealer besides the usual email communication before sending funds out to reduce the risk of being duped and ensure you are dealing with the right person.

Footnote 2: Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality since this dealer might not have the specific expertise catering specifically to collectors as some of the sellers here, has a 7 days no questions asked return policy.[/QUOTE]

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2017, 11:24 PM   #588
roh123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gilt Rolex
I can vouch for a bunch of good guys. Probably forgetting some but if it helps.. I have bought/sold top watches from all and have only good things to say about them.

Jed McCormack - Thetimetraveler
Ben Sin - nbtimes
Andrew Shear - Sheartime
Jerome Fellous - Watchmywatch
Geoff Isringhausen - Isringtime
Ralf Eichmann - Vintage Watches International
Julian and Marlon de Simone - Watches in Rome
roh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2017, 01:16 PM   #589
Larrry
"TRF" Member

Has anyone had any experience dealing with Olver Richardson at http://www.watchinvestments.co.uk/ ?
Larrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2017, 04:46 PM   #590
Montrealgpf1
"TRF" Member

Bought a Harwood from Derek Dier here in Canada. Hard to reach, but reliable seller.
Montrealgpf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2017, 11:15 PM   #591
Cantab
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your 6
I have dealt with Paul Duggan for many years, both in buying and trade-ins. Always a positive experience, and covering at least 6 distinct transactions.
Cantab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2017, 02:00 AM   #592
solalla
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona steel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingface66 View Post
I've been remiss in not doing this sooner. I'd like to offer a very supportive thumbs up for Philippe Capurro of http://www.exoticwatches.net. I'v purchased two watches from him, and he couldn't have been more attentive, honest, and an absolute pleasure to deal with.
Cheers!

I like this web. Philippe is serious and great deal.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
solalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 09:16 AM   #593
Montrealgpf1
"TRF" Member

Sonning Vintage Watches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzmeow View Post
Anyone have any info on Sonning Vintage Watches? The watches have been restored but is he legit??
I dealt with the owner, Chris Clark, over the phone and email. We landed on a fair price for the Rolex I wanted. A redial, yes, but he is not kidding when he states this is done to highest standards. A real beauty. If you have made up your mind that (perfect) redials do not bother you, Soning is the place, both for variety and quality. Fast and safe shipping too.

Finally, he was also very helpful in solving a latent issue that was not necessarily his to fix. Congrats on a first class after-sales service, Chris!
Montrealgpf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2017, 12:02 PM   #594
PiscesVI
"TRF" Member

40 year old Comex Rolex

I have a Comex Rolex Submariner that was given to me by Comex in 1976. The Comex issue number is 358 and Rolex serial number is 4089896. It has been on research submarine dives to 4,300 ft. Submarine dives in the Atlantic off the Congo and in the Red, Mediterranean and Adriatic seas. It has lived with me in five different countries and five continents. It was on my wrist in the Straits of Hormuz. I would like to find a reputable buyer.
PiscesVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2017, 12:11 PM   #595
Sjmoore11
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Exp II - old & new
I have purchased 2 vintage Rolex from Alex Ciani and would highly recommend him.
Sjmoore11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2017, 09:59 AM   #596
Beaumont Miller II
"TRF" Member

David Kim is a close friend of mine and an honest reputable watch dealer. I have done multiple deals with him, have always been pleased, and look forward to more deals in the future. You can a great selection of vintage watches on his website, http://watcheswithpatina.com/. I can recommend him without reservation
Old 22 April 2017, 08:04 PM   #597
thepsu
"TRF" Member

thank so much
thepsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2017, 10:10 PM   #598
dinuovo
Banned

i add Elvio Piva - Tempus Orologi D'Epoca

based in italy, one of the most important dealer expecially regarding manual daytona

www.tempusorologi.it

i bought a lot of watch from him
dinuovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2017, 10:26 AM   #599
fryeken
"TRF" Member

I will echo other comments on David Kim of Watches With Patina. David is the epitome of first class. Zero pressure, knowledgeable, went above and beyond what could be expected. Truly appreciated that I never got " this could sell any second, better buy now" attitude. Do not hesitate to contact him for in stock or help in finding your grail. You will not be disappointed!
fryeken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2017, 08:35 AM   #600
Glyph
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 Red Sub
HQ Milton
Andrew Shear
Eric Ku

All are dealers I have personal experience with and they are all top notch.
Glyph is offline   Reply With Quote