The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 July 2017, 07:10 PM   #391
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2517 View Post
In France VAT on watches are 20%. I just bought two there. And depends on the brand, you get various refund. Unfortunately for me, Hermes is at the lowest end, only 10% back. Usually it's 12~15%.
Wow 10% they exagerate, I know one AD who does full 20% refund, he holds the taxes off your card and recredits you when he gets the export papers from customs, but most use global blue and another, you are supposed to get like 15%, but in reality with their commission you get 13-14%, 10 I never heard of before, I guess it's a new way the government found to make money, they find a new one every week, IMO you should get all VAT refunded if the watch is exported, 10% is a rip off. Don't remember which service did it? Or did Hermes do it in direct?
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2017, 07:20 PM   #392
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
I don't get it they don't even check your passport and goods with your ticket to see where you are headed??? In France there is an automatic machine, you put your paper in it, after declaring the value, and then it puts the stamp, but if you declare anything over a few thousand euros you need an official to come and stamp it, and of course check the goods, the machine doesn't work...
Well i am hoping that its the VAT box otherwise I have submitted a VAT claim into the Travelex Suggestion Box!!
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2017, 07:48 PM   #393
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
Well i am hoping that its the VAT box otherwise I have submitted a VAT claim into the Travelex Suggestion Box!!
well you should hear from Kari soon if that's the case
Old 25 July 2017, 11:24 PM   #394
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow 10% they exagerate, I know one AD who does full 20% refund, he holds the taxes off your card and recredits you when he gets the export papers from customs, but most use global blue and another, you are supposed to get like 15%, but in reality with their commission you get 13-14%, 10 I never heard of before, I guess it's a new way the government found to make money, they find a new one every week, IMO you should get all VAT refunded if the watch is exported, 10% is a rip off. Don't remember which service did it? Or did Hermes do it in direct?
It's a ripoff, even the Hermes sales admitted. Don't know who gets the money, but it's only 10% back if you shop at Hermes.
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2017, 11:44 PM   #395
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2517 View Post
It's a ripoff, even the Hermes sales admitted. Don't know who gets the money, but it's only 10% back if you shop at Hermes.
I once saw a cotton white tshirt at Hermes which looked worse than the 25 dollar ones from Gap that I wear in Thailand or to sleep, really it looked worse not kidding, they were selling it for 900 euros, no need to explain me what ripoff Hermes can be after seeing it with your own eyes, ok they have very well made things, bags, carrés, etc, but some things it's like
Old 26 July 2017, 01:13 AM   #396
AckAck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5204P
Why haven't you picked up your watch that's finished again? Asking for a friend.
AckAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2017, 01:41 AM   #397
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
Why haven't you picked up your watch that's finished again? Asking for a friend.
For your friend https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...&postcount=373

Save Lapince from writing another novel as to why.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2017, 09:07 PM   #398
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post

Old 27 July 2017, 04:29 AM   #399
ELITEVIDEOGAMES
"TRF" Member

Watch: me sell games
Looking forward to the reveal. I feel like I have seen this watch from birth and now it is about to graduate into adulthood.
ELITEVIDEOGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2017, 04:36 AM   #400
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITEVIDEOGAMES View Post
Looking forward to the reveal. I feel like I have seen this watch from birth and now it is about to graduate into adulthood.
Thanks Tom, can't believe it went 14 pages, though there were deviations in it, the 5167R for example, seeing how awesome Karl's looks can't wait to see mine
Old 27 July 2017, 02:27 PM   #401
incontrol
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
Quote:

This definitely made me laugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27 July 2017, 04:08 PM   #402
Hollister
Banned

Watch: 114300
Yes, I laughed as well. Come on Lapince, go and get the **** watch!
Hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2017, 04:29 PM   #403
KarlS
Banned

watch will need its first service by the time he gets it
Old 27 July 2017, 04:32 PM   #404
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by incontrol View Post
This definitely made me laugh!

Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollister View Post
Yes, I laughed as well. Come on Lapince, go and get the **** watch!
Getting it don't worry

Quote:
watch will need its first service by the time he gets it
Old 27 July 2017, 04:40 PM   #405
KarlS
Banned

Just read the first few pages of this thread and have to say it was an all time goody!! Paul was definately on top form
Old 28 July 2017, 10:35 PM   #406
AckAck
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Explanation is gold. Thank you Paul.
Old 28 July 2017, 10:37 PM   #407
AckAck
"TRF" Member

Lapince will you be starting a "August is my party month" thread with pictures of you and your friends at "tables of the coolest nightclubs"?
Old 29 July 2017, 01:58 AM   #408
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
Lapince will you be starting a "August is my party month" thread with pictures of you and your friends at "tables of the coolest nightclubs"?
Nope sorry but you can look on you tube, lots of videos of Odessa clubs, ok will help, Ibiza club, Itaka club, Ministerium, and my favorite though not the best looking on video, but best people there, Park Residence. Have fun
Old 24 August 2017, 10:30 AM   #409
lapince
"TRF" Member

Ok, I thought I would post one pic of my KV to keep the interest going, don't forget that when Karl sent me the pics of his watch that Kari sent him, he was very worried, and I thought "crap he messed up, don't look so good", when in real it looks amazing, so Kari's foto skills are opposite to his watchmaking skills, he told me the watch was gorgeous in real, so with Karl's experience I expect it to be. Just posting the front as the movement and engraving are clearly not well taken, the ruthenium looks light grey because of light and angle but he told méthe color is like my avatar, and the engraving is incredibly 3D, and I really don't think it was taken the right way. So here's for those following, and again I think it will be much nicer in real.

Ps: Kari, maybe a small course of taking pics would be nice, nothing fancy, just the basis...

Oh and yes, this pic is without the crystal, not sure it's included in the price, or at least it looks like there is no crystal, might be wrong, but think without as there are small pecks of dust on the dial, I already wrote him about the ruthenium color, the lack or not of crystal was not a big worry, but seems to me he took it without as if I didn't like the outer dial color he said we could change it

IMG_1502.JPG
Old 24 August 2017, 11:25 AM   #410
Defiancekofb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ok, I thought I would post one pic of my KV to keep the interest going, don't forget that when Karl sent me the pics of his watch that Kari sent him, he was very worried, and I thought "crap he messed up, don't look so good", when in real it looks amazing, so Kari's foto skills are opposite to his watchmaking skills, he told me the watch was gorgeous in real, so with Karl's experience I expect it to be. Just posting the front as the movement and engraving are clearly not well taken, the ruthenium looks light grey because of light and angle but he told méthe color is like my avatar, and the engraving is incredibly 3D, and I really don't think it was taken the right way. So here's for those following, and again I think it will be much nicer in real.

Ps: Kari, maybe a small course of taking pics would be nice, nothing fancy, just the basis...

Oh and yes, this pic is without the crystal, not sure it's included in the price, or at least it looks like there is no crystal, might be wrong, but think without as there are small pecks of dust on the dial, I already wrote him about the ruthenium color, the lack or not of crystal was not a big worry, but seems to me he took it without as if I didn't like the outer dial color he said we could change it

Attachment 885664

Is this the first time you posted a photo of one of your watches? Lol

Defiancekofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2017, 11:26 AM   #411
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think we would all like to see them again Lapince...post them again. They are classic
Wow, I wanted to make you guys happy, by putting 2-3 pics, but even by resizing them it tells me the size is too big, I already made them smaller but they're still like 2-3 times too big. Why is this happening on TRF??? Before almost all pics fitted, now I can't, too bad, had 1 a little like the nuclear physicist and her sister, pretty sure you guys remember those, page 5 or 6 I think. Sorry guys, did what I could. If someone can explain to me how to reduce a photo on an iphone, and no on computer is out of the question, I am married, I do NOT download my iPhone pics of my parties on the computer, that would be great
Old 24 August 2017, 11:26 AM   #412
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
I promise my custom piece incoming thread will be one post only as soon as it arrives early next year!
Old 24 August 2017, 11:27 AM   #413
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiancekofb View Post
Is this the first time you posted a photo of one of your watches? Lol

nope, but my KV yes
Old 24 August 2017, 11:28 AM   #414
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
I promise my custom piece incoming thread will be one post only as soon as it arrives early next year!
Well I would LOVE to see the making, but your choice my friend. I already know a lot what it will be, brand and at least 2 complications, but not the rest. And also know you have a non disclosure.

And I was supposed to get it earlier, maybe some were thinking that Arnaud's KV is an urban legend, like at some point for other of my watches, we all remember that so giving a third of the watch, movement and case back will clearly be when I have it
Old 24 August 2017, 01:08 PM   #415
KarlS
Banned

Arnaud it looks great and I know u will be happy. The numerals all around are a nice touch and the illusion will be great . Look forward to seeing the pick up pics
Old 24 August 2017, 01:11 PM   #416
KarlS
Banned

This was the one I tried last year I think your blues are better

Old 24 August 2017, 01:13 PM   #417
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:

This was the one I tried last year I think your blues are better

Well we basically have the same tastes when it comes to blue.
Thanks my friend
Old 24 August 2017, 03:39 PM   #418
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Wow, I wanted to make you guys happy, by putting 2-3 pics, but even by resizing them it tells me the size is too big, I already made them smaller but they're still like 2-3 times too big. Why is this happening on TRF??? Before almost all pics fitted, now I can't, too bad, had 1 a little like the nuclear physicist and her sister, pretty sure you guys remember those, page 5 or 6 I think. Sorry guys, did what I could. If someone can explain to me how to reduce a photo on an iphone, and no on computer is out of the question, I am married, I do NOT download my iPhone pics of my parties on the computer, that would be great
Great looking piece.
To upload images from your iPhone use Tapatalk.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2017, 06:12 PM   #419
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Great looking piece.
To upload images from your iPhone use Tapatalk.
Ok thanks Russell
Old 25 August 2017, 12:56 AM   #420
lapince
"TRF" Member

Ok so here is one pic about this summer parties, won't be more, there are of course but will post one per year, you have the 2 sisters on the thread. She looks not bad for 33 years old, the blond that is, the other is 20 and looks not great, won't go into details. Next pic next year hope this one will make Texex happy

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk