The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 20 August 2017, 12:41 AM   #1
spiker
"TRF" Member

Allocated/Application

Excuse my ignorance. I've been reading about application and allocation and I believe that application comes direct from PP and allocation from AD. So if an allocated watch comes from PP to an AD the AD can give the piece to anyone they want but a applicated watch comes from PP with the recipients name written on the certificate of ownership. Is this about correct? Now my other question is that I've been on a list for a 5712 and the AD says I'm 2nd so when they get allocation do they come in at the same time? I mean if they are allocated 4 a year would they get 2 at a time? I'm sorry I am just going nuts waiting and it's only been 2 weeks! But I was told that once the 1st watch comes in I could come in and take a look at it. So I was thinking if the 1st one comes in maybe the 2nd comes in at the same time? Maybe?
spiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2017, 12:46 AM   #2
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Highly unlikely, I don't think I have ever seen two of the same Patek in the same place unless they were on someone's wrists.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2017, 12:50 AM   #3
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
Excuse my ignorance. I've been reading about application and allocation and I believe that application comes direct from PP and allocation from AD. So if an allocated watch comes from PP to an AD the AD can give the piece to anyone they want but a applicated watch comes from PP with the recipients name written on the certificate of ownership. Is this about correct? Now my other question is that I've been on a list for a 5712 and the AD says I'm 2nd so when they get allocation do they come in at the same time? I mean if they are allocated 4 a year would they get 2 at a time? I'm sorry I am just going nuts waiting and it's only been 2 weeks! But I was told that once the 1st watch comes in I could come in and take a look at it. So I was thinking if the 1st one comes in maybe the 2nd comes in at the same time? Maybe?

Exactly as you said application to the customer allocation to the owner ,i think qty of delivered pcs depends on the size of the AD ,btw afaik 5712 produced 2times annual

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2017, 01:17 AM   #4
spiker
"TRF" Member

So if they intially received an allotment in February it may be possible that they would get another allotment soon?
Old 20 August 2017, 01:31 AM   #5
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
So if they intially received an allotment in February it may be possible that they would get another allotment soon?
Not really. They'll get an allotment when PP does a production room and decides to allocate to the AD. Your AD may not get an allocation on the next production run. No one can say for sure except the head guys at PP.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2017, 02:21 AM   #6
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
You will see spurts of incomings that show deliveries...the latest has been 5711's and there is talk of September batch of 5712's. I thought PP had closed factory during August but told this wasn't so....I think after waiting for 2 odd weeks you may need to accept a bit of a longer wait unless your stars decide to align perfectly!!
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2017, 02:32 AM   #7
spiker
"TRF" Member

HA! Well we are going to experience a full eclipse this Monday! I do have a problem waiting for things. When I got a call from a friend who said that the Rolex AD had a Black dial SS Daytona in 2009 I ran over and bought it. The AD said they had a white dial as well but I didn't buy it - which I regret now. But am waiting for the Daytona -C. Hopefully the 5712 comes in first.
Old 20 August 2017, 10:44 PM   #8
jfriedkin
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, PP
Allocation is different for each AD. Some may get multiple watches of the same reference in a single allocation. Just depends on how big your AD is with PP. Last time I spoke with my AD he mention that his last shipment of 5711 he got 4. Gone in days.
jfriedkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 12:18 PM   #9
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriedkin View Post
Allocation is different for each AD. Some may get multiple watches of the same reference in a single allocation. Just depends on how big your AD is with PP. Last time I spoke with my AD he mention that his last shipment of 5711 he got 4. Gone in days.
Who's the AD? PM me please

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 02:07 AM   #10
spiker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairdude1 View Post
Who's the AD? PM me please
I've tried to PM you but for some reason it won't go thru or my connection is very slow today! If it does you'll get 2.
Old 23 August 2017, 03:00 AM   #11
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
"Application" is a Patek term where prospective buyers have to be approved by Patek in order to buy a watch. This is done so the high end watches will not immediately be resold in the open market. "Allocation" is the term used by watch manufactures whereby the watch companies decide which ADs get which watches. How they do this is generally kept as a proprietary secret. An "allocated watch" is simply a general production watch which is produced in relatively limited quantities and ADs are restricted in how many they can get.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote