The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 10 May 2021, 04:22 AM   #31
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Thanks again everyone. She is a TORCH at night.

A most humble thanks. Last night was the first night I slept (during a 48 hour period) and charged the lume via UV. Upon walking into the dark bedroom she illuminated my walking path quite well.

Impressive. Most impressive (oops, wrong sci-fi flick quote LOL)

Sure it's the brightest lume to date, yet this morning the lume was still 'more active' than the PAM desk clock or the 01033 GMT. So it's brighter and lasts longer with higher output.

As a percussionist/drummer, I errrrr, ummm... 'get off' on hearing the ticking rhythm / movement sounds. You are right, this baby makes a glorious sound!

On another note, if you tap the watch it makes a bit of rattling too, like a loose rotor yet am sure all is fine inside. Accuracy has been ~+1.5 seconds/day.

TRON has a fun personality.

I love fun timepiece
Normal Carbotech rotor bearing castanet sounding.

FYI: Don’t be surprised if you get 80+ hours power reserve. I tested mine and was blown away how long it’s power reserve was. Accuracy also stayed long into its power reserve.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2021, 10:33 AM   #32
GeoffEff
"TRF" Member

It’s beautiful! Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explorer 39mm 214270 --- Sub 41mm 124060 —-
GeoffEff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2021, 02:40 AM   #33
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

First week update. She's been rock solid during 24/7 wear. Don't think all the showering and swimming pool antics test the 300m WP rating, yet she's water tight. Love the big wrist presence and lighter weight as compared to the PAM01033 GMT. Of course there are times I want the GMT on metal bracelet, heft can be fun too!

For daily beater the PAM01118 TRON really shines at night (no more words needed there :) ). Accuracy has been around +1.5 sec per day.

Oh, did I mention the lume?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2021, 10:03 AM   #34
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

New strap....

187017988_2153789378090765_2274109076861826942_n.jpg

187193523_2153789488090754_6361415429305384527_n.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 18 May 2021, 08:19 PM   #35
ajas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, Pam, Speede
Congratulations Steven. Great Pam and great photos.
I have seen and wore one in KL boutique , but unfortunately it was show piece only. I would love to get hold of one in future, even put my name on waiting list but hopes are low. One of my friend got one in Singapore and he has nothing but compliments about this piece.
ajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 11:15 AM   #36
ks58
Banned

I'm in the US as well. Do you think any boutiques have the 1118 still or would it even be possible to ask and inquire? I'm a bit late to the game but recently saw it and really liked it. Traditionally I've owned Rolexes, but thought this piece looked incredible, so I might as well see if it's possible I can get one on my wrist or not. Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.
ks58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2021, 01:08 PM   #37
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

You can call various Panerai company boutiques and ask. It may be sold out; Bob in Naples only got one.

Old 30 May 2021, 12:29 PM   #38
ks58
Banned

Did you have a chance to look at the 1117 or 1119? What were your thoughts?
Old 30 May 2021, 10:06 PM   #39
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks58 View Post
Did you have a chance to look at the 1117 or 1119? What were your thoughts?
Alas, have not had the chance as have pretty much been home the past 18 months (I work the Internet for well over two decades... so no 'need' to ever leave our home). i wanted the Carbotech for the badarse look of it and durability (plus 'needed' a CF-cased timepiece within the collection, the new METAS-certified Tudor Dark Side Of The Bay with ceramic case is my next acquisition :) ).

i think the ?1119? has been delayed due to challenges with the case material. The ?1117? has already made its way into the market (I think). Not sure what dealer may have them 'in stock' as I heard that all versions of TRON have been sold out for quite some time.

Old 31 May 2021, 04:42 AM   #40
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Another fun day with TRON

Green_Only_800.jpg

With_Blacklight_800.jpg

Old 20 August 2021, 03:41 AM   #41
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Three month update...... accuracy is ~0.25/seconds a day. Am enjoying the noisy rotor sound, actually. As for the showcase feature, there's no LUME like it. SO VERY BRIGHT! Makes for a fun showing to my timepiece friends at parties / gtg. Case durability has been awe-inspiring! Have changed straps many times and there's not a mark on the case.

So OK, no hacking seconds yet I gotta admit the 1118 TRON has been a solid performer. As for the warranty, only have ~69 YEARS and 9 MONTHS remaining.

23931.jpg

Old 20 August 2021, 04:53 AM   #42
Bill2
Banned

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Another fun day with TRON

Attachment 1224088

Attachment 1224089
So cool
Bill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 03:07 AM   #43
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Weekly update, the pumpkin has been dead accurate this week.

240586686_2236069233196112_2609521592389807305_n.jpg

Old 5 September 2021, 11:15 PM   #44
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

The white and orange straps really work. Fantastic versatility in a already interesting watch.
Old 5 September 2021, 11:59 PM   #45
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

A most humble thanks. Have been playing around with bands and orange being my fave color is 'winning'. Timing accuracy and reliability so far has been excellent and the CF case seems extremely durable.

Old 7 October 2021, 10:39 PM   #46
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Monthly Update: After the beaches, ocean swims, lots of 24/7 wear... she shows no signs of wear on the case. Carbotech is some seriously durable stuff!!! Rolex and Patek guys who are soooo scared of a single scratch on their ever-so-precious timepiece should consider buying something... durable. Let's start showing them the durability of Panerai's Carbotech on those TRF threads :)

As for movement accuracy, now have it so she neither gains nor loses time over a month's time. Here's the 'trick' guys for the 9010 'Evolution' movement: She does gain about 2 seconds on the wrist every two or so weeks, yet if i take it off and let it rest on the table crown up overnight it'll lose about 2 seconds. So wear it 24/7 for a month, take it off overnight crown up and you're pretty much back to perfect time :)

Old 2 November 2021, 04:53 AM   #47
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

STILL having fun, LOTS of fun. SO instead of starting a new thread....

Love Etsy, as just received these custom TRON drink coasters to go with the Panerai 1118 TRON... and the upcoming Arcade1Up TRON game 😎

Coaster_1118.jpg

Old 2 November 2021, 05:03 AM   #48
ks58
Banned

It looks awesome!
Old 2 December 2021, 08:37 AM   #49
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

FINALLY!

Well, it took a year or two, yet my TRON plan is now complete.

263277501_2314248172044884_1789378215771059158_n (1).jpg

Old 2 December 2021, 10:10 AM   #50
The OG Beef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
FINALLY!

Well, it took a year or two, yet my TRON plan is now complete.

Attachment 1258202

well played

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The OG Beef is offline   Reply With Quote