The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 23 August 2022, 03:09 AM   #31
G8RDPM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Keep and forget you own it ….well hard to forget but do keep. I wish you kinda kept the Ford Gt too they were bringing crazy $$$ this weekend. But if you sell the Lambo its going to be tough to replace it with something comparable.
What Danny said. With cars, it always is what Danny said.

Keep it! I remember how excited you were when we spoke 6 months before you got this car!
G8RDPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 02:51 AM   #32
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
If it was me and the price is right, I'd sell.
Old 24 August 2022, 03:10 AM   #33
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Id' keep.

While some adult toys went crazy multiples over where I thought reality was, for the things I likely couldn't get back (or wouldn't have perfect providence because I wasn't the first buyer), I hold on and still enjoy those items today. While I'm intellectually annoyed at the paper value loss, I'd still rather have the item at this point than the money.

If the financial hole is big enough, then I'd take the cash, but you sound like as always super financially prudent and have 'paid your dues' as it were to enjoy the last V12 possibly ever.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 04:01 AM   #34
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
No one wants an EV Lambo. So I'd hold yours and wait for the market to take off, once the soulless supercars start coming. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2-3x multiple in the coming years on this specific car. Same with Ferrari, NA V12 has too much history. Quite a shame for the NA V12s to be coming to an end. The NA V10 Gallardo was pretty great too.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 04:04 AM   #35
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
Look what happened when Porsche added a radiator. The coming EV shift is an order of magnitude worse. Definitely keep it.
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 04:17 AM   #36
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Well... I know how much you love cars, like to experience them and regularly let them go. However, this is a different machine and truly needs serious consideration before letting her go.

This car will Always be Desirable and Wanted by collectors as well as enthusiasts. The clientele for this car is unlike any other. Money is no object and when they want something they have people who are tasked with getting it for them. Exclusivity and Limited Availability are Held in High Esteem thus providing a sense of admiration and respect among others in this circle.

Therefore it is my opinion that this one is a keeper! Hold on to her and enjoy the feelings you are clearly experiencing driving and owning her. If for some reason you lose the luster then reevaluate your situation and take a serious look at the question you are asking yourself now. IMHO you have time on your side, a lot of rallies, exhilarating driving and special memories to be made in the Aventador.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 04:29 AM   #37
7sins
"TRF" Member

Absolutely gorgeous spec Seth, really well thought-out. It is such a personal and subjective decision when selling a car like this.

I will be the anomaly here and if it were me, I would sell it. Your post strikes me as more in love with the idea of the car than the car itself. I can appreciate this is as a fellow serious auto enthusiast and also an ex-aventador owner. Mine was several years older than yours, was an absolute nightmare around the track, reliability issues and lacked that analog feel that older cars provide. I think the latter there is where I decided to sell, as much as I did enjoy the car, it never ever even came close to the analog feel of ripping through a gated analog italian car. Bought my diablo roadster and never looked back, it requires every ounce of your attention and has that pure analog feel that I thought the Aventador lacked. Have not missed the AV a single day, my bigger auto regret was selling the Murci SV before prices exploded but sold early as the egear was horrendous. To me, it was more important about the interaction with the car, flying down back roads and that engaging analog experience.

Back to my original point, it really depends on what is important to YOU. Regarding investment, I don't think the Ultimae will command the future premiums the SV and SVJ will. This is evident by the 50th anniversary edition for the aventador which is not fetching near as much as a premium. Or more akin to the murci last edition which is not as sky high as you would presume.

All comes back to personal preference but I would sell it, consolidate funds and put towards a F40. Which IMO would be more fun to drive and certainly a better long term investment. Really think it comes down to what you want from the car?

From back in the day:
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 05:04 AM   #38
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Absolutely gorgeous spec Seth, really well thought-out. It is such a personal and subjective decision when selling a car like this.

I will be the anomaly here and if it were me, I would sell it. Your post strikes me as more in love with the idea of the car than the car itself. I can appreciate this is as a fellow serious auto enthusiast and also an ex-aventador owner. Mine was several years older than yours, was an absolute nightmare around the track, reliability issues and lacked that analog feel that older cars provide. I think the latter there is where I decided to sell, as much as I did enjoy the car, it never ever even came close to the analog feel of ripping through a gated analog italian car. Bought my diablo roadster and never looked back, it requires every ounce of your attention and has that pure analog feel that I thought the Aventador lacked. Have not missed the AV a single day, my bigger auto regret was selling the Murci SV before prices exploded but sold early as the egear was horrendous. To me, it was more important about the interaction with the car, flying down back roads and that engaging analog experience.

Back to my original point, it really depends on what is important to YOU. Regarding investment, I don't think the Ultimae will command the future premiums the SV and SVJ will. This is evident by the 50th anniversary edition for the aventador which is not fetching near as much as a premium. Or more akin to the murci last edition which is not as sky high as you would presume.

All comes back to personal preference but I would sell it, consolidate funds and put towards a F40. Which IMO would be more fun to drive and certainly a better long term investment. Really think it comes down to what you want from the car?

From back in the day:

While I greatly appreciate all the comments, I was actually hoping you would chime in.

I know you are a car guy and a financial expert.

I was hoping you’d agree it will appreciate in value. Being that it’s the end of an era and only 250, I’m still hopeful that it will. But I realize my crystal ball is a bit shifty lately.

The car itself is like nothing I’ve ever been in. But, I’m not like most of the guys that have these. I’m just a regular dude that got lucky w few times. A lot of hard work too, don’t get me wrong. But I consider myself super lucky in many ways.

And while I can afford it, it’s certainly a big deal for me. A very big deal. So the safe route is definitely selling it. And truly, I’m super happy with my current stable.

Could sell this today, pocket what I paid, and get a free GT3. Or close to it. That’s also super tempting.

Lots to think about. I might very well send you a DM.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 05:08 AM   #39
Jackie Daytona

Watch: 16750
Beautiful car! My bottom line on it is that it’s your car, you sound like you like it and enjoy it fairly well. That being said, again it’s yours and you like it so definitely do not sell until you’ve lost that spark with it. The spec it is and all I don’t think you’ll really loose.
Old 24 August 2022, 05:25 AM   #40
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
While I greatly appreciate all the comments, I was actually hoping you would chime in.

I know you are a car guy and a financial expert.

I was hoping you’d agree it will appreciate in value. Being that it’s the end of an era and only 250, I’m still hopeful that it will. But I realize my crystal ball is a bit shifty lately.

The car itself is like nothing I’ve ever been in. But, I’m not like most of the guys that have these. I’m just a regular dude that got lucky w few times. A lot of hard work too, don’t get me wrong. But I consider myself super lucky in many ways.

And while I can afford it, it’s certainly a big deal for me. A very big deal. So the safe route is definitely selling it. And truly, I’m super happy with my current stable.

Could sell this today, pocket what I paid, and get a free GT3. Or close to it. That’s also super tempting.

Lots to think about. I might very well send you a DM.
That depends how you define "expert" , this year has certainly been a humbling one for me. Feel free to PM me anytime, always happy to help if I can. I have been very fortunate to experience a wide array of cars in different environments around the world and happy to share any insight that you might find valuable. At the end of the day, if you get in the car, smile and you entirely disconnect from the world where nothing else matters then don't sell it. If you have any doubt or lack of fulfillment, it is time to move on - much akin to dating, the latter being a much more expensive endeavor. It sounds like you are financially stable so I would deemphasize pocketing the cash as a priority. While cash is king, I suspect you will miss this without a replacement.

Putting aside the worst designed seats in history, sounds like you had a FGT, that might be worth revisting too or perhaps something more eccentric like an xj220 - all subjective here but these without question, will fair much better on the future secondary market. Esp the xj220, CGT and diablo, I see the diablo/xj220 as the most undervalued currently and will 2-3x from here following the footsteps of the countach and miura in years to come. Or flyout to LA and I will give you the keys to the Diablo to feel that old, may or may not fall apart, Italian gated charm. These are my own personal preferences with a clear proclivity for cars a bit older and certainly not an indication of how you should base your decision.

Lastly, I don't know how much longer the exotic secondary market will stay this strong. If we see further economic challenges and or a prolonged recession, this market will eventually crack and there will be tremendous buying opportunities.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 06:03 AM   #41
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

I'd keep it if you don't need the money. Life is short.

Similarly, but at a much lower price, my Lotus value is more than twice what I paid. I have pondered selling it, especially since I haven't even driven it since my daughter was born, but I know as soon as I do, I'll regret it and there's no going back. I'll find time to drive it again one of these days. It's not a supercar, (but it's still fast with the Supercharger) and one of those cars that lets me escape, and disconnect from the world (as 7Sins says). Everything is completely manual and you really need to stay sharp driving it, so it's easy to really focus on that and nothing else. I'm not sure I would be able to replace that with anything within my budget.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 06:55 AM   #42
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
This could get lengthy so bear with me….
I have a few schools of thought that typically steer me in the watch and automobile hobby, passion, journey.
-I like variety and like to try everything, I typically do not get attached to material things, but I have my staples/favorites.
-I’ve made mistakes, had regrets, bought things multiple times, etc…at the end of the day, they’re objects.
-I’ve come to know only a couple mainstay facts….(these facts are encompassed within my personal budget)
As far as cars…I like having a couple nice cars, including at least one exotic, I’m in the Ferrari camp firstly for the exotic, I like others as well but can do without, as well as a daily driver or two.
As far as watches… I like having at least a couple nice watches I’m in the Rolex camp on that one, I like other brands I like but can do without.
-I also remember being happy with a Jeep Wrangler as a one and only, and a submariner only, for 10yrs.

The only advice I’d give is….
I think this car will be worth more money in the future, I personally don’t live for that, I get these cars/watches for enjoyment…period.
I’ve lost tons on my “enjoyment” ….don’t regret it at all!

I could go on and on but I won’t.
They’re objects, some I love more than others, I have my core brands that I’ll probably always have …probably.
I just do what makes me happy, if it’s a bad decision, ( like letting a Platona go at $60k or a 5990 go at $75k) it’s my decision, I’ll get past it and keep being happy.
That’s the bottom line for me…don’t think too much or too long, just do what makes happiness…right now. I’ve traded things, sold things, etc….that I KNEW was probably dumb, financially, but it didn’t make me happy at that moment and something else did. Can’t do anything about the future, not trying to.
This outlook may be, and look stupid to most, but that’s just how I do it. YMMV as they say.
I guess my best advice is…BE HAPPY SETH !
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 08:00 AM   #43
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Bubbles come and bubbles go, usually every 12 years it seems. With that said, if you're under 65 keep it. If over 65 sell.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 12:12 PM   #44
AF_Rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Polar/OP/BB
Not a car guy enough to dabble in anything more than a Toyota but appreciate great machines. What a car, Seth!

You said you love it and cost of ownership is reasonable. You also said you love it, so I'm guessing it adds great value to your life. When you want out of it, like you said, you'll likely do very well.

I'd hold onto it and enjoy it for at least another warm season. See where you are at next fall.
AF_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 01:44 PM   #45
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
Sell it. We have all seen what happens even to the Nautilius. If you have hit your price - get rid of it. What goes up must come down and you can always buy it back later for cheaper.
Old 24 August 2022, 04:45 PM   #46
lmdh
2024 Pledge Member

I love cars too much to just sell and not everything has to be seen as an investment.

We have a finite amount of time on this habitable orb, why not just listen to your emotions for a while and enjoy it.
lmdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 09:24 PM   #47
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Jeeze, this is a tough one. Only one of 250, last NA V12....I say if you sell it now, its going to be a regretful one, like the Ford GT. I say you don't do the catch and release just yet. Drive it until the spring time as most production of this car should be done...you want to see a car jump in value, this should be the time to move it. This way, you have time with this car, enjoy it and discover if it is all that its supposed to be, you may be surprised with the outcome. As always, call me if you are having sleepless nights in the process!
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 09:55 PM   #48
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
No one wants an EV Lambo. So I'd hold yours and wait for the market to take off, once the soulless supercars start coming. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2-3x multiple in the coming years on this specific car. Same with Ferrari, NA V12 has too much history. Quite a shame for the NA V12s to be coming to an end. The NA V10 Gallardo was pretty great too.
Hey now…my toddler is enjoying a mini wall plug in ‘EV’ lambo just fine thank you very much. Lol.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 10:34 PM   #49
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great post and car. The opinions offered here are significant and well thought through. When passion and logic try to meet, sometimes it does not bring sense to the discussion. By asking, I think the OP knows or at least suspects he should sell, take his profits and move on. The passion side says keep it, as an investment or for whatever other reason and the OP is willing to roll the dice on future values and the market. It is difficult to have the discipline to separate emotion from logic. Some don't want to do it and some make excuses to justify what they want to do. A consistent theme in the watch/car collecting world is someone saying they regret selling/trading/keeping something. I would say we all make decisions based on where we are at the time and no one typically and intentionally makes the wrong decision. Once it plays out, then you look back and say whatever it is, but that is hindsight. As I have gotten older I want less and less items that draw attention to myself. I have tried to find the best, for my circumstances, and many times those items are almost not noticeable unless you know. No judgements here but I would sell immediately and take the funds and buy myself another cool car and have a different experience. No looking back and regretting anything. Just my thoughts. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Last edited by 1William; 24 August 2022 at 10:36 PM.. Reason: spelling
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 10:36 PM   #50
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
I watch the auctions and it seems, at least to me, that cars like this are almost always traded off for a profit at only a few years old and with very low miles. Occasionally they are lauded for being "driven" but we never see them with passenger car miles. I'd imagine a special example like this will always appreciate somewhat but I don't know what this changing market has in mind once it's 5-10 years old.
I tend to get emotionally attached to things and it's stupid to do so. If I were giving myself advice on this situation I would liken it to dating a stripper, enjoy the rush for a while but move on just a bit sooner than you want to that way the memories are always balanced somewhere between best ever and regret.
The world is full of car guys suffering regret for the one they should've kept.
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 11:12 PM   #51
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
You seem like a good guy, but one who likes to catch and release. Seems like you are pondering to either sell now/next 6-months or hold long term… Be honest with yourself and think about whether you would realistically have this car even in the next 24months. If not, do you think the exotic market is heading in the right direction in the near term?

Based on your past posts, I would suspect there will be a new goal / reason to sell in a year or two and the economy could go either way, but trending down, plus crime on flashy items is going up, which may slow sales in the future.

I don’t have an answer, but offering things to consider. Good luck and be happy with either path.
~JJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2022, 11:14 PM   #52
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Great post and car. The opinions offered here are significant and well thought through. When passion and logic try to meet, sometimes it does not bring sense to the discussion. By asking, I think the OP knows or at least suspects he should sell, take his profits and move on. The passion side says keep it, as an investment or for whatever other reason and the OP is willing to roll the dice on future values and the market. It is difficult to have the discipline to separate emotion from logic. Some don't want to do it and some make excuses to justify what they want to do. A consistent theme in the watch/car collecting world is someone saying they regret selling/trading/keeping something. I would say we all make decisions based on where we are at the time and no one typically and intentionally makes the wrong decision. Once it plays out, then you look back and say whatever it is, but that is hindsight. As I have gotten older I want less and less items that draw attention to myself. I have tried to find the best, for my circumstances, and many times those items are almost not noticeable unless you know. No judgements here but I would sell immediately and take the funds and buy myself another cool car and have a different experience. No looking back and regretting anything. Just my thoughts. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

a super post. thank you.

I do think the right thing is to sell. I am not confident the market will properly hold going forward.

then again, I have its value as pretty far less than the current market. so if it does drop, I should still be find in terms of "book" value.

then again, this is my one shot to really take advantage of a nice big win on a car. if I can find the right buyer of course.

Logically, I should sell. Passion wise, I want to keep it.

But I also agree with you on flying under the radar. One of the reasons I like Porsche so much. While greatly respected, it is simply not on the same level in terms of recognition and attention.

I actually sold the Urus to buy a Cayanne Turbo GT. An arguably better car, but definitely blends in as just any other Cayanne. It is also why I prefer my 911 Turbo S to say and Huracan or a Ferrari equivalent.

I think if I can find the number I want, it goes. but I am not sure I will get that number and I am certain it will be painful if I do.

thanks for the great post.

Old 24 August 2022, 11:16 PM   #53
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JJ View Post
You seem like a good guy, but one who likes to catch and release. Seems like you are pondering to either sell now/next 6-months or hold long term… Be honest with yourself and think about whether you would realistically have this car even in the next 24months. If not, do you think the exotic market is heading in the right direction in the near term?

Based on your past posts, I would suspect there will be a new goal / reason to sell in a year or two and the economy could go either way, but trending down, plus crime on flashy items is going up, which may slow sales in the future.

I don’t have an answer, but offering things to consider. Good luck and be happy with either path.
you have hit this whole nail exactly on the head.

I can easily justify any change in my mind as the winds blow. and realistically, no it is not likely I will have it in 24 months and the market is likely going down.

I will be certainly be banned from any new Lambo going forward. But I will survive that.

Old 24 August 2022, 11:17 PM   #54
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richris1 View Post
This could get lengthy so bear with me….
I have a few schools of thought that typically steer me in the watch and automobile hobby, passion, journey.
-I like variety and like to try everything, I typically do not get attached to material things, but I have my staples/favorites.
-I’ve made mistakes, had regrets, bought things multiple times, etc…at the end of the day, they’re objects.
-I’ve come to know only a couple mainstay facts….(these facts are encompassed within my personal budget)
As far as cars…I like having a couple nice cars, including at least one exotic, I’m in the Ferrari camp firstly for the exotic, I like others as well but can do without, as well as a daily driver or two.
As far as watches… I like having at least a couple nice watches I’m in the Rolex camp on that one, I like other brands I like but can do without.
-I also remember being happy with a Jeep Wrangler as a one and only, and a submariner only, for 10yrs.

The only advice I’d give is….
I think this car will be worth more money in the future, I personally don’t live for that, I get these cars/watches for enjoyment…period.
I’ve lost tons on my “enjoyment” ….don’t regret it at all!

I could go on and on but I won’t.
They’re objects, some I love more than others, I have my core brands that I’ll probably always have …probably.
I just do what makes me happy, if it’s a bad decision, ( like letting a Platona go at $60k or a 5990 go at $75k) it’s my decision, I’ll get past it and keep being happy.
That’s the bottom line for me…don’t think too much or too long, just do what makes happiness…right now. I’ve traded things, sold things, etc….that I KNEW was probably dumb, financially, but it didn’t make me happy at that moment and something else did. Can’t do anything about the future, not trying to.
This outlook may be, and look stupid to most, but that’s just how I do it. YMMV as they say.
I guess my best advice is…BE HAPPY SETH !

you and I are soooooo similar it is crazy!!!!

Old 24 August 2022, 11:21 PM   #55
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Bay Rider View Post
I watch the auctions and it seems, at least to me, that cars like this are almost always traded off for a profit at only a few years old and with very low miles. Occasionally they are lauded for being "driven" but we never see them with passenger car miles. I'd imagine a special example like this will always appreciate somewhat but I don't know what this changing market has in mind once it's 5-10 years old.
I tend to get emotionally attached to things and it's stupid to do so. If I were giving myself advice on this situation I would liken it to dating a stripper, enjoy the rush for a while but move on just a bit sooner than you want to that way the memories are always balanced somewhere between best ever and regret.
The world is full of car guys suffering regret for the one they should've kept.
great post. I can so very relate.

and yes, I would imagine this will do okay in the long run. But, Brian is right. The SV and the SVJ might very well be the versions that hold and grow better.

I tend to think this will appreciate too, but it is hard to say. And of course, only time will tell.

I am just not a long run guy.

My mind changes moment to moment and I can make the best out of almost any outcome.

Truth is, this is not a terrible problem to have. I highly doubt this will ever go under MSRP. So that said, it is hard to lose. I simply might lose some of the value the car currently has on the books.

Old 25 August 2022, 12:00 AM   #56
binArt
Banned

Watch: 16600
Quote:
a super post. thank you.

I do think the right thing is to sell. I am not confident the market will properly hold going forward.

then again, I have its value as pretty far less than the current market. so if it does drop, I should still be find in terms of "book" value.

then again, this is my one shot to really take advantage of a nice big win on a car. if I can find the right buyer of course.

Logically, I should sell. Passion wise, I want to keep it.

But I also agree with you on flying under the radar. One of the reasons I like Porsche so much. While greatly respected, it is simply not on the same level in terms of recognition and attention.

I actually sold the Urus to buy a Cayanne Turbo GT. An arguably better car, but definitely blends in as just any other Cayanne. It is also why I prefer my 911 Turbo S to say and Huracan or a Ferrari equivalent.

I think if I can find the number I want, it goes. but I am not sure I will get that number and I am certain it will be painful if I do.

thanks for the great post.
This post says it all. Intellectually, you are convinced that selling is the right decision. All of the car guy-isms aren't going to change your mind.

Look at it as the best rental car ever until you find the right buyer. You can still enjoy the car, but not build an emotional attachment that leads to regret.
binArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2022, 10:34 AM   #57
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
you and I are soooooo similar it is crazy!!!!
I knew this after reading your posts/threads throughout the years
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2022, 11:30 AM   #58
TheHulk
"TRF" Member

I recently bought a pricey watch I’ve always wanted that would turn a nice profit BUT it was I decided a needed to wear it and enjoy it until a no brained offer presented itself. Not sure if there would be taxes involved in this sale being its through a DMV and would be reported in some way. That would make it far less tempting.....
TheHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2022, 12:33 PM   #59
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
I don't think anyone should ever buy a car with the premise it will go up in value. Especially more so than an alternative investment such as equities.

Car guys will tell you the 2005 Ford GT is a crazy example but it really is not. The car was 160k with tax. That's 264k in today's dollars. I saw one for sale for 425k. Presuming you could unload it for that much without the use of a broker it sounds great. The reality is that 160k in the market in 2005 is now over 700k. Add in insurance and maintenance the difference is probably close to 400k.

I think the premise of car ownership should be enjoyment and / or utilization.

The FOMO mentality never works out. You have to step outside the community of people who are into high end super cars to get a clear view.

Now I'm not saying you can't enjoy and own a super car but trends can change. Especially price trends.

Right now rolex Patek and ap price trends have changed. Some deny it. Will be clear eventually and that is when smart buyers will resume.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2022, 12:40 PM   #60
77T

Track it.
Set a few lap records.
Sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote