The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 25 March 2010, 07:03 AM   #1
chazha
"TRF" Member

Watch: mickey watch
Pam thickness. Pls help :D

Hello folks.

First of all I am a totally newbie to Pams. When I joined this forum for about a year or so ago I somehow found out that people here were as crazy about Pam as Rollies. And that of course awoke my curiosity about pammies! At first glance.. bloody ugly. As I come across this website 3-5 times a day, the pams get more attractive. No idea how to explain it. Now... I am in fact having a little idea of acquiring one. It sounds crazy but well I think it is the feeling to own something that you do not have.

Anyhow, my wrist isnt the biggest. Right now Im wearing a black Milgauss and sometimes I do wear a IWC Aquatimer, the size of these watches are perfect for me at the moment. However I do have a passion for big watches such as Hublot Big Bang or AP ROO. THANK GOD I dont browing these forums too often. And I also do like very thich watches. I know that watches with black dial with dark metal watches suit me better as polished silver watches looks a bit too chunky and too big for me. In so far I havent tried a Pam yet.

So basically I am looking for a nice thick dark (titan/pvd) Pam preferebly with glass back, auto movement and not with a mindblowing price tag. (I dont mind if the movement is manuel and has a 8 days power reserve)
Any suggestions?

Pics are most welcomed!!
Old 25 March 2010, 07:18 AM   #2
chebert

Watch: TT GMT IIC
i have 40mm pam and it is the perfect complement to a sub. the bigger ones are very nice but i find that my friends who are very loyal to rolex, really like the 40mm because it just feels closer to the size of the rolex sport models.
chebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2010, 07:36 AM   #3
chazha
"TRF" Member

Watch: mickey watch
Hi :D what I meant about thickness is not about diameter of the watch which is 40mm on milgauss or 44mm on most Pams.
Old 25 March 2010, 07:48 AM   #4
chebert

Watch: TT GMT IIC
definitely thicker in that way. and alot heavier.
chebert is offline   Reply With Quote