The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 26 September 2022, 05:56 AM   #1
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC / AP
SA left - What happens next?

Hi all,

Hope you're all well. Been a long time lurker and found the information there helpful. I am a potential first time buyer.

I was wondering does anyone know what happens when the SA you've been speaking to leaves?

I've been in contact with an SA who has now unfortunately left AP for around 2 years. I haven't actually been waiting for the piece I wanted for 2 years as at first, I was asking for a larger piece and having tried one on, realised a smaller one fit my wrist me.

Am I now at the back of the "queue?" with a new SA? Or do they look at my profile as whole. For example, say SA1 has met a client for 6 months and suddenly I am assigned to SA1. Given I've been visiting for over 2 years, what does this mean to SA1?

Please note this is in the UK so I don't really think spend "matters" as much versus your relationship.

Thank you all!
fatcows7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2022, 06:08 AM   #2
GS93108
"TRF" Member

So your SA left two years ago but you didn't notice until now? Regardless, re contact AP and arrange an appointment and then explain everything to your new SA. If you were registered in the system then they'll be able to find you, else you are starting over. That said, if you can legitimately explain your story then they may try to assist you a bit more than simply leaving you at the back of the line.

There are three main points of sale of AP in the UK, Sloan Street, Harrods and AP House on Bond Street. If you are starting again then try AP House as everything flows from there.

Good luck.

p.s.

If you need a contact then PM me, not that it will accelerate anything for you other than saving you the trouble of having to look up a number.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2022, 06:14 AM   #3
thecrownprince
"TRF" Member

AP House would be a better starting point if you're starting over. That said, if my SA ever left I'm sure he would let me know and transition me to someone else, so unclear why that didn't happen for you.

I can understand the pain of losing your AP SA and having to find and start with someone else though...
thecrownprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2022, 06:43 AM   #4
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Are you saying your SA left two years ago or you’ve been in contact with them for 2 years and they’ve now left?

Have you called them and asked to speak to a new SA yet?
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2022, 09:16 AM   #5
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

A bit hard to decipher the timeline, but if no watch has materialized in two years of talking with the SA, I'm not sure if much was lost. Just make an appointment at your preferred location (e.g. AP House) and find a new SA. They should have all your profile info.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2022, 11:02 AM   #6
thecrownprince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
A bit hard to decipher the timeline, but if no watch has materialized in two years of talking with the SA, I'm not sure if much was lost. Just make an appointment at your preferred location (e.g. AP House) and find a new SA. They should have all your profile info.

That’s a good point. After 2 years you might be lucky the SA left and allow you to start fresh with another SA
Old 26 September 2022, 06:11 PM   #7
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Thanks. Apologies for the confusion, I left out a comma.

I've been in touch with the SA at AP House for over two years (consistently, think every 3 months) but they recently left.

Was just wondering what happens to my profile.

Thanks again!
Old 26 September 2022, 07:28 PM   #8
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
So your SA left two years ago but you didn't notice until now? Regardless, re contact AP and arrange an appointment and then explain everything to your new SA. If you were registered in the system then they'll be able to find you, else you are starting over. That said, if you can legitimately explain your story then they may try to assist you a bit more than simply leaving you at the back of the line.

There are three main points of sale of AP in the UK, Sloan Street, Harrods and AP House on Bond Street. If you are starting again then try AP House as everything flows from there.

Good luck.

p.s.

If you need a contact then PM me, not that it will accelerate anything for you other than saving you the trouble of having to look up a number.

Hi! Thank you for offering to help. Apologies for the confusion but basically the SA just recently left but I was in contact with them for over two years (think every 3/4 months). It was with AP House. I'm currently waiting to be reassigned a new SA but that might take a bit of time given they need to hire someone to replace the SA.

I was just wondering whether the past 2 years has "gone down the drain" given I think I had great rapport with the SA and its just that this year was the 50th (hence very difficult for a new buyer).

Thank again.
Old 27 September 2022, 12:03 AM   #9
grahammackay86
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Didn't realise until reading this post that I'm in the same situation. Hopefully it'll be relatively easy for us to get a new SA and the previous wait time won't be forgotten.
grahammackay86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 12:17 AM   #10
bod42zx
"TRF" Member

I think the OP was in touch with the SA for 2 years, during which they were allocated a piece which they turned down thereby extending the wait to 2 years, as they switched to a different model.
SA has now left.
As the SA has left would you mind giving their initials so that the any UK readers can be sure it isn’t their contact?
bod42zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 01:44 AM   #11
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bod42zx View Post
I think the OP was in touch with the SA for 2 years, during which they were allocated a piece which they turned down thereby extending the wait to 2 years, as they switched to a different model.
SA has now left.
As the SA has left would you mind giving their initials so that the any UK readers can be sure it isn’t their contact?
Ha wish I was given an allocation - wasn't allocated anything.

Its just that I was looking for a larger model, and actually tried it on and realised it didn't work out hence moved for a smaller one.

AA
Old 27 September 2022, 01:44 AM   #12
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Sorry for the delay in replying - Mods need to approve of my replies!
Old 27 September 2022, 07:06 AM   #13
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
I suggest asking who is there at that store if they have your name and the watch you are waiting for. I thought most AP sales now require deposits to be on the waiting list. Might check on that also.
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 09:58 AM   #14
squall1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
I thought most AP sales now require deposits to be on the waiting list. Might check on that also.
I've never been asked for a deposit, but when the watch comes you better be ready to pay within the week. Different locations may have different policies I suppose.
squall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 11:31 AM   #15
thecrownprince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall1 View Post
I've never been asked for a deposit, but when the watch comes you better be ready to pay within the week. Different locations may have different policies I suppose.

Same policy at my BT but just to be safe i pay same day or next day if it’s late in the day when I get the call. Why risk it
Old 27 September 2022, 06:52 PM   #16
binaryduke
"TRF" Member

@fatcows7

I was in/am in exactly the same position with the same SA in the UK. I actually had a meeting scheduled. I turned up... this was the week after their departure and the first I knew about the departure was when I sat down and met someone new to me. They're a very nice and knowledgeable gentleman who is now my SA so we are developing a relationship. Hard to say if it's rebuilding/starting from scratch. My allocation status is similar to yours. I'm just going to see what occurs. There's something specific I would like to receive this year. It would be nice if it occurs. I also understand the mismatch of supply and (qualified-in) demand. If it doesn't, I can live with it. Flipside, it will cool my desire if I can't achieve what I've been looking to after several meetings, discussions, etc. There comes a point when the scarcity/unobtainability actually makes me lose interest. I have clear plans for my collection but if they're not achievable they can be reworked in order that the hobby remains fun and fulfilling. Nothing's *that* important and while I love AP and ROs, there are other interesting brands and references.

I'm sure the AP House team in the UK will look after you and you'll get a new relationship point of contact. They're very good and professional there. Hopefully the supply/demand mismatches get more realistic so they can focus on relationship cultivation/allocations with people genuinely interested in the brand and products for the long term rather than spending time qualifying people out and dealing with unrealistic/time-wasting enquiries.
binaryduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 07:17 PM   #17
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryduke View Post
fatcows7

I was in/am in exactly the same position with the same SA in the UK. I actually had a meeting scheduled. I turned up... this was the week after their departure and the first I knew about the departure was when I sat down and met someone new to me. They're a very nice and knowledgeable gentleman who is now my SA so we are developing a relationship. Hard to say if it's rebuilding/starting from scratch. My allocation status is similar to yours. I'm just going to see what occurs. There's something specific I would like to receive this year. It would be nice if it occurs. I also understand the mismatch of supply and (qualified-in) demand. If it doesn't, I can live with it. Flipside, it will cool my desire if I can't achieve what I've been looking to after several meetings, discussions, etc. There comes a point when the scarcity/unobtainability actually makes me lose interest. I have clear plans for my collection but if they're not achievable they can be reworked in order that the hobby remains fun and fulfilling. Nothing's *that* important and while I love AP and ROs, there are other interesting brands and references.

I'm sure the AP House team in the UK will look after you and you'll get a new relationship point of contact. They're very good and professional there. Hopefully the supply/demand mismatches get more realistic so they can focus on relationship cultivation/allocations with people genuinely interested in the brand and products for the long term rather than spending time qualifying people out and dealing with unrealistic/time-wasting enquiries.
Thank you for the reply. Great to hear that you've been assigned a new SA!

You're right - nothing is "that" important and that's the view that I've taken over the past year.

Let's hope the both us get what we want in the coming future!
Old 27 September 2022, 07:18 PM   #18
supernova
"TRF" Member

I have a feeling we all have the same SA that left recently in AP House London

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 07:24 PM   #19
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcows7 View Post
Hi all,

Hope you're all well. Been a long time lurker and found the information there helpful. I am a potential first time buyer.

I was wondering does anyone know what happens when the SA you've been speaking to leaves?

[/B]I've been in contact with an SA who has now unfortunately left AP for around 2 years[/B]. I haven't actually been waiting for the piece I wanted for 2 years as at first, I was asking for a larger piece and having tried one on, realised a smaller one fit my wrist me.

Am I now at the back of the "queue?" with a new SA? Or do they look at my profile as whole. For example, say SA1 has met a client for 6 months and suddenly I am assigned to SA1. Given I've been visiting for over 2 years, what does this mean to SA1?

Please note this is in the UK so I don't really think spend "matters" as much versus your relationship.

Thank you all!
To be fair Fatcows, your post was ambiguous.

I've been in contact with an SA at AP for around 2 years who has now unfortunately left.

Would have been easier to understand.

Contact the new SA, explain to them that you have kept close contact with the previous SA on a weekly basis and that you were next in line for the model you want.

Let me know how that works out for you?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2022, 07:31 PM   #20
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post

To be fair Fatcows, your post was ambiguous.

I've been in contact with an SA at AP for around 2 years who has now unfortunately left.

Would have been easier to understand.

Contact the new SA, explain to them that you have kept close contact with the previous SA on a weekly basis and that you were next in line for the model you want.

Let me know how that works out for you?
Yeah sorry - I left out a comma...

Yeah I'll see what happens in the coming months.
Old 27 September 2022, 09:15 PM   #21
binaryduke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcows7 View Post
Yeah I'll see what happens in the coming months.
You'd better not get the piece with my name on it :)
binaryduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 04:02 AM   #22
Rickkk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post

'left'
Rickkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 07:05 AM   #23
supernova
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkk View Post
'left'
Do share the goss!
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 07:55 AM   #24
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 02:32 PM   #25
russ86
"TRF" Member

My SA is leaving the company next summer BUT he already introduced me to another SA who will be taking over my account. If you have a good relationship with brand and SA they usually take care of you.
russ86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 05:51 PM   #26
rtanjaya
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ86 View Post
My SA is leaving the company next summer BUT he already introduced me to another SA who will be taking over my account. If you have a good relationship with brand and SA they usually take care of you.
Same, my SA left this year, and my account was passed to another SA. My previous SA assured me that i will be well taken care of, and despite my initial worries, indeed she was right.

This year was my biggest year with 4 incomings with the new SA, so thankful to both of them.
rtanjaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 11:12 PM   #27
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Do share the goss!
If you have stories pls share