The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 27 May 2008, 09:33 AM   #1
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Counterfeit vintage band on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jubilee-SS-20mm-...QQcmdZViewItem

another counterfeit band on ebay!!!!

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2008, 09:48 AM   #2
Rolex74
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD DJII PAM 005
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post

How can you tell?
Rolex74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2008, 09:59 AM   #3
2careless
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Well, to the seller's defense, he didn't present it as genuine in the first place.
The appearance of the rolex crown on the band, however, is enough to report the goods is violating the copyright of rolex. Reported.
2careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2008, 10:34 AM   #4
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Mr 2careless,

What the hell is he representing the band as, if not a Rolex? What's wrong with you, you on the sauce or smoke or what's your defense???????? This guy has no defense and why are you making excuses for a criminal on ebay trying to rip some unsuspecting buyer off? It has the Rolex crown on the band, and has the complete Rolex clasp logo on the clasp, it's a counterfeit.

It's criminal to sell these items in the USA, maybe not where you're from, but it is here. There is nothing in the listing that reads reproduction, and even if it did, back to what I just said, it's illegal. Only Rolex can sell Rolex patented/trademarked copyrighted goods.

Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 27 May 2008, 11:09 AM   #5
2careless
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Quote:
Mr 2careless,

What the hell is he representing the band as, if not a Rolex? What's wrong with you, you on the sauce or smoke or what's your defense???????? This guy has no defense and why are you making excuses for a criminal on ebay trying to rip some unsuspecting buyer off? It has the Rolex crown on the band, and has the complete Rolex clasp logo on the clasp, it's a counterfeit.

It's criminal to sell these items in the USA, maybe not where you're from, but it is here. There is nothing in the listing that reads reproduction, and even if it did, back to what I just said, it's illegal. Only Rolex can sell Rolex patented/trademarked copyrighted goods.
Sorry, I don't smoke, and I have read his descriptions carefully.
He has not made a single presentation that the band is genuine. He made suggestions that the band is suitable for an authentic rolex watch but he did not say it's genuine!

However, he did post the photos of the clasp showing the Rolex crown, and it is sufficient reason to report this because I believe he has violated the copyright of rolex.

Take a chill pill mate.
2careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2008, 11:54 AM   #6
springer
2024 Pledge Member

2carelss, thanks for the laugh tonight, I needed it!!!!!

Guys like you are not unlike the seller, what's the harm in a little counterfeit anyway. Who's it hurting ...I never said it was real...right. Wrong. You obviously can't deal with the facts, let alone the truth from the previous post I made to you, so now you're going to attack the fact giver. Give me a break. Criminal minds think alike.

Counterfeit is kind of like being a little bit pregnant, either you are or aren't, or in this analogy - it's fake or it isn't. There is no gray area.

As far as my chill pill goes, I had mine today, right after I rolled off the couch reading your post. It's guys like you that keep these jerk-offs in business. Now that you know it's fake, buy it, you are obviusly a person of low expectations. I sir, know the difference, and know quality.

Old 27 May 2008, 12:01 PM   #7
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Rolex74, very poor crown stamped in the top of the band clasp for starters. Price too!

Old 27 May 2008, 12:31 PM   #8
tudorman8276
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Prez
Faulker!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

JP.....I reported it also.

I read the listing and re-read to see if I was missing something. Albeit being a fake, he does not represent it as Rolex. I know that it is fake 100%....the crown, the stampings on the clasp etc. I do not know if eBay will act to remove it or not-it needs to be, but, again, he did not represent it as a Rolex and eBay may take that into consideration.

Got your email.

Stan.
tudorman8276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2008, 11:18 PM   #9
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
Hey everybody; and Good Morning. I just popped on for the first time since yesterday and read this post. I was under the impression that we all shared something in common; i.e., our love of the Rolex Watch Brand and watches in general. A little less dissing each other would be greatly appreciated. I agree that it is criminal to misrepresent or, attempt to sell a replica, fake, counterfeit, piece of poop trying to pass itself off as a Rolex in any way, shape, or form.

Long after we make each individual criminal go away and thwart them in their attempts to dupe the masses, we will be here. How we treat each other though leaves a lasting impression. I would hope that there is a little less hostility in the postings and some polite discourse will go along much further.

It is wrong for the person to attempt to sell a fake though I too feel less anger towards any person for at least not trying to misrepresent something. This seller does not confirm or deny the authenticity so it's definitely reportable. But I still think that's a far cry from someone like rolexcenter.net whose scam's cost people their hard earned money.

I will report this item as it is a fake.

I hope the disagreeable disagreements come to a halt. Like I said, we are here long after they are gone.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Terry Newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2008, 12:28 AM   #10
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Quote:
2carelss, thanks for the laugh tonight, I needed it!!!!!

Guys like you are not unlike the seller, what's the harm in a little counterfeit anyway. Who's it hurting ...I never said it was real...right. Wrong. You obviously can't deal with the facts, let alone the truth from the previous post I made to you, so now you're going to attack the fact giver. Give me a break. Criminal minds think alike.

Counterfeit is kind of like being a little bit pregnant, either you are or aren't, or in this analogy - it's fake or it isn't. There is no gray area.

As far as my chill pill goes, I had mine today, right after I rolled off the couch reading your post. It's guys like you that keep these jerk-offs in business. Now that you know it's fake, buy it, you are obviusly a person of low expectations. I sir, know the difference, and know quality.
I'm not going to tell you to take a chill pill. I'm telling you to can the attitude right now or get the hell off my forum.

I'm only telling you nicely once.
Old 28 May 2008, 12:58 AM   #11
ricnas1

Watch: GMT II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Newton View Post
Hey everybody; and Good Morning. I just popped on for the first time since yesterday and read this post. I was under the impression that we all shared something in common; i.e., our love of the Rolex Watch Brand and watches in general. A little less dissing each other would be greatly appreciated. I agree that it is criminal to misrepresent or, attempt to sell a replica, fake, counterfeit, piece of poop trying to pass itself off as a Rolex in any way, shape, or form.

Long after we make each individual criminal go away and thwart them in their attempts to dupe the masses, we will be here. How we treat each other though leaves a lasting impression. I would hope that there is a little less hostility in the postings and some polite discourse will go along much further.

It is wrong for the person to attempt to sell a fake though I too feel less anger towards any person for at least not trying to misrepresent something. This seller does not confirm or deny the authenticity so it's definitely reportable. But I still think that's a far cry from someone like rolexcenter.net whose scam's cost people their hard earned money.

I hope the disagreeable disagreements come to a halt. Like I said, we are here long after they are gone.

Terry Newton
well said terry...
ricnas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2008, 10:27 PM   #12
Earl
"TRF" Member

Watch: out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Newton View Post

Terry Newton
very well said Terry, and yes we are all here because we want to be ;o)
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2008, 11:10 PM   #13
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
All right folks, nothing to see here. I've had private discussions with springer and it's all good.