The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 9 January 2021, 03:56 AM   #271
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
Warranty meaning free from defects. Servicing is your responsibility. Similar to a car - warranty and service and independent of each other. In order to be in compliance with your warranty, you must service the car in line with manufacturer specifications.
Service included. :)

I believe all 270 of each model as been sold out for many months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
The 1118 is already available in some boutiques. As of last week, I knew of at least one Boutique in the US that has it in stock. No idea if it's still there, though.
Uh huh... where.

Look, I get it. It's cool. Was just saying hi to my local boutique friend and....

Which store was this that had it 'in stock'?

:
:
:

BTW great pic of the green dial Bvlgari salnuaimi.

222.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2021, 07:27 AM   #272
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Uh huh... where.
Sent you a PM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2021, 07:37 AM   #273
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Service included. :)

I believe all 270 of each model as been sold out for many months.

Uh huh... where.

Look, I get it. It's cool. Was just saying hi to my local boutique friend and....

Which store was this that had it 'in stock'?

:
:
:

BTW great pic of the green dial Bvlgari salnuaimi.

Attachment 1195837
Well that is surprising! On service included. From hodinkee article:

"Since these are celebrating a 70th anniversary, Panerai is guaranteeing these watches for 70 years. They're only available at Panerai boutiques, and for that duration, you'll be able to bring them back to a Panerai boutique for service any time one is needed. There are, of course, all kinds of conditions to this that are outlined in the official paperwork that comes with each watch, but that's one heck of a warranty right there. "

Curious what the detailed list of conditions are...

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/pa...rs-introducing
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2021, 08:51 AM   #274
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Not sure the list / details, but I love the timepiece big time. Warranty and service is a nice bonus.

Overall, there are soooooo many great timepieces out there by many brands. I stopped caring about the availability of anything at this point. Am just getting what I love. If it becomes a PIA to get... then move on to other brands / models guys.

Heads up... Ming has some new pieces coming out soon.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 9 January 2021, 02:43 PM   #275
watchbiao
"TRF" Member

I love the Octo Finissimo too. It’s a fresh design that’s as bold and controversial as the Royal Oak when it was created. It’s like a kindred spirit but at a relatively great bargain today.

As far as price increases go, the US and other governments are printing massive amount of money to save the economy. Inflation and rising luxury goods pricing is to be expected. Lots of people are making a fortune in stocks and crypto these days, so it’s hard to keep up with the Jones. It sucks, but we just have to deal with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10 January 2021, 12:04 AM   #276
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchbiao View Post
As far as price increases go, the US and other governments are printing massive amount of money to save the economy. Inflation and rising luxury goods pricing is to be expected.
^^^ this too, agreed. Currency devalues at 50% every ~15 years (~3% inflation compounded annually). If you actually believe the central bank's claimed 2% compounded annually target (no one does), then currency devalues at ~50% every ~20 years. So prices will double every 20 years at a minimum. Obviously, there has not been price stability in many, many decades.

Notice how food has become far more expensive, and/or you get less within the package.

Look guys, if you don't like AP's price increases or treatment at the AP dealer / boutique (been there, done that), there are PLENTY of other truly epic timepieces out there. Plus why buy an old design with only 50m WP rating when there's a much newer, fresher design with far more innovative moment by Bvlgari. World's thinnest auto-wind 100M WP timepiece is available for under $12k. Now go get it before they go up in price and / or become hard to get too.

So yeah, been where it seems many guys are here now. Forget AP, try other brands that respect you as a customer imho. Bvlgari treats their customers with class and style.

Old 10 January 2021, 04:00 AM   #277
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
I know you didn’t try it on but I’m really trying to get myself to love the one with the Arabic numerals
arabic or indian?
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2021, 11:17 PM   #278
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

called local AD here in Dubai and they have also increased their prices starting 5th of Jan.

Its 816.73 USD across all models regardless .
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 10:07 PM   #279
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

You know, I might be wrong, but it seems like one reference in particular got hit pretty hard here in the US.

Everything, in general, got an additional +5% increase across the board, on top of the ~8% increase back in November 2020... But, the 26574ST.OO.1220ST.02 (RO QP SS) seems to have gotten an additional +15.8% increase this January, on top of the +7% increase in November 2020.

I can't find any other reference that has been affected this much.

Pre-November 2020: $63,300
November 2020: $67,700
January 2021: $78,400

If that isn't harsh, I don't know what is.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 10:36 PM   #280
WatchLover1234
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You know, I might be wrong, but it seems like one reference in particular got hit pretty hard here in the US.

Everything, in general, got an additional +5% increase across the board, on top of the ~8% increase back in November 2020... But, the 26574ST.OO.1220ST.02 (RO QP SS) seems to have gotten an additional +15.8% increase this January, on top of the +7% increase in November 2020.

Why is this particular reference 26574ST increase by such a huge percentage as compared to other references which is about a 5% increment? Any idea?
WatchLover1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 11:29 PM   #281
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLover1234 View Post
Why is this particular reference 26574ST increase by such a huge percentage as compared to other references which is about a 5% increment? Any idea?
My own personal speculation, formed while hunting for this piece in 2020 and just watch chatter (not availability chatter but brand heritage chatter with sales reps) is two fold. First that the perpetual was hugely under priced vs Patek and raised to match equal percieved prestige. Second, positioning the complication as the halo piece of the brand, especially if you look at where the China limited edition, both ceramic editions have done for the brand, it was time to shore up the SS position in the PQ line to still be the apex of AP.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2021, 11:30 PM   #282
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I think it may be all a moot point though since if the reference is about to go away or get upgraded, then it kind of doesn't matter what price it is with no more trickling out. No doubt harsh though. I started looking for this piece late 2019, no luck since then.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote