The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 31 January 2020, 05:15 PM   #31
imgook
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN White
Yes, I can't believe there is still so many people defending this guy.

Please download the WhatsApps zip and read what happened for yourself and make your own decisions.

There is no way this "Watch Expert" didn't know what he was doing. What if we didn't find out it was a fake? What then? You'd be extra salty if it was you who got sold the watch.
Old 31 January 2020, 05:18 PM   #32
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Hopefully the seller will chime in soon, as he's been logged in to this thread for a while now.
Old 31 January 2020, 05:23 PM   #33
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Hopefully the seller will chime in soon, as he's been logged in to this thread for a while now.
Yup his been here since the start. Waiting to here from him too.
Old 31 January 2020, 05:31 PM   #34
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
The watch has been returned but was confirmed as a fake by Rolex Brisbane.

Does returning a fake watch and having $29000 repaid change the fact that fraud was being committed?

Read that again....$29000.00.

I would be taking legal advice.

This does not reflect well on Australians.

If this guy has something to say then he needs to step up now?

Old 31 January 2020, 05:38 PM   #35
Lol-x
Facilitator

That is right Eddie I concur!!!!

OK, you've been judge, I the jury......onto execution.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 31 January 2020, 05:39 PM   #36
mojojojo
"TRF" Member

Watch: whatevers next
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgook View Post
We have his license, home address, bank details and WhatsApps logs. PM me if you want the details. My mate has already contacted the police and is lodging a complaint with WA Consumer Protection.

Unfortunately he is the Administrator of the AWBSS (Australian Watch Buy, Swap and Sell). Post has been long deleted. And any post against him are quickly deleted and removed. He has recently been on damage control, trying to make the group more private because his scared of being exposed.

Anyone who frequently on that group will remember him posting up a Black Daytona for sale in November last year.
Thanks for posting, seems like it’s not a situation as simplistic as I would have hoped of a hijacked account, but something rather more opaque. The buyer has been made whole from what I understand but this will damage HH two understandably and rightly so, however the net outcome does something to show integrity, and at the end of the day it may well have been both the buyer and Chris who were buyers of a fake.
Old 31 January 2020, 05:39 PM   #37
imgook
"TRF" Member

What a shame, seems like Chris has logged off...
Old 31 January 2020, 05:40 PM   #38
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Woah... this is crazy. I watch this guy on YouTube... will be following this thread closely.
Old 31 January 2020, 05:47 PM   #39
SMEHK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
Thanks for posting, seems like it’s not a situation as simplistic as I would have hoped of a hijacked account, but something rather more opaque. The buyer has been made whole from what I understand but this will damage HH two understandably and rightly so, however the net outcome does something to show integrity, and at the end of the day it may well have been both the buyer and Chris who were buyers of a fake.
Mate do you actually believe that selling something fake, getting caught, then returning the funds in a 3 month saga following proposed legal and criminal action suggests this person has integrity???

He only returned my money because he was scared of the damage this could cause his reputation and the legal and criminal avenues I had initiated.
Old 31 January 2020, 05:48 PM   #40
kimnkk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
So how many other unsuspecting buyers are left with fakes because HH didn’t do their due diligence? He makes money off this, it’s not just a hobby anymore. 100% it’s his responsibility to sell what he advertises.

He made an in-depth video comparing a real and fake Daytona. He has the equipment to check. Are you telling me he had no way to tell this was a fake?

It’s pretty predictable that anyone would also claim to be the victim. If he doesn’t then he’s admitting to premeditation. Look at the facts and piece together the evidence yourself. It looks pretty overwhelming at this point and I don’t think a “sorry I made a booboo” cuts it at this point - who will check all the other rolexes he has flipped to unsuspecting buyers? Will they be ok with his booboos?
Old 31 January 2020, 05:52 PM   #41
Axaxax
"TRF" Member

There's been comment from other buyers of HH that have received suspect watches. A Zenith Defy without accompanying papers etc and a Speedy transaction that wasn't as described.
Old 31 January 2020, 06:00 PM   #42
levin123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axaxax View Post
There's been comment from other buyers of HH that have received suspect watches. A Zenith Defy without accompanying papers etc and a Speedy transaction that wasn't as described.
I do remember the issue with Defy, wasn’t the screw missing or something?
Do you have any details about the Speedy issue?
Old 31 January 2020, 06:02 PM   #43
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axaxax View Post
Wow! This guy is a world class scammer. Definitely has gone through a lot of trouble to build a rep to sell Fakes to unsuspecting buyers. I'm waiting for more people to come out of the wood work to expose this fraud!
Old 31 January 2020, 06:08 PM   #44
SMEHK
"TRF" Member

No surprise both Gook and I have been kicked off the Australian Watch Forum... conspiracy!
Old 31 January 2020, 06:16 PM   #45
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

I wonder how many people aren't aware they are wearing a Fake Daytona. Out of 1000 people who bought one at a grey or private sale, a small percentage will be fake.
Old 31 January 2020, 06:22 PM   #46
SMEHK
"TRF" Member

In case any of you think returning my funds after being caught is acceptable; Go rob a bank, when you get caught ask if it's OK to just return the money and walk away.
Old 31 January 2020, 06:23 PM   #47
Raggie255
"TRF" Member

Makes you wonder how many times this was done by the seller. doesnt seem like an honest mistake based on the lost and OP.
Old 31 January 2020, 06:38 PM   #48
Lol-x
Facilitator

Very smooth modus operandi tends to indicate experience....

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 31 January 2020, 06:45 PM   #49
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

It’s a shame the thread title isn’t “Horology House sells fake watches”.

There is little recourse people have against many scammers, but this dude has a name, a business and a moderately lucrative YT channel. I’d be smearing jobbies all over his internet presence like a pig in a bath.
Old 31 January 2020, 06:54 PM   #50
imgook
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
It’s a shame the thread title isn’t “Horology House sells fake watches”.

There is little recourse people have against many scammers, but this dude has a name, a business and a moderately lucrative YT channel. I’d be smearing jobbies all over his internet presence like a pig in a bath.

Let me get on that. I'll try PM a mod.
Old 31 January 2020, 06:58 PM   #51
Rolzilla
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMEHK View Post
No surprise both Gook and I have been kicked off the Australian Watch Forum... conspiracy!
Disgusting, why were you kicked? I think that is pretty poor form. Was probably that Nick (admin) guy that kicked you.
Old 31 January 2020, 07:00 PM   #52
Rolzilla
"TRF" Member

I personally think we need to hear what Chris (HH) needs to say, there is always more to it than meets the eye.

As of now, we only have one side of the story. Innocent until proven guilty?
Old 31 January 2020, 07:05 PM   #53
Tritto
"TRF" Member

FAKE 116500LN Australia Perth Serial 357Q00K9

Chris has some form for dubious behaviour - albeit nothing illegal before now.
For a while he had access to a stream of new desirable Rolex from an AD he had a relationship with. He was flipping them on the AWBSS Facebook forum for massive markups. When people made comments disparaging flippers he shut down threads, deleted posts and/or banned people.
Then the Rolex AD found out what he was doing with all the watches they sold him and he went on a massive rant about AD spies on the Facebook forum. I guess they cut off his supply.
Based on the above, it seems that once his supply of legit Rolex was cut off he MAY have resorted to selling fakes.
I don't know it for a fact, but it smells that way.
Old 31 January 2020, 07:22 PM   #54
maton12
"TRF" Member

At least we can post here

The Mods are closing down each thread on the Australian Facebook site

I get 2.5 days, I'd be pissed off at 2.5 weeks but 2.5 months can only be questioned as something not quite right

Oh well nothing like excuses when selling a $30K watch, yeah there's just so many other things to tidy up before sending off

Chris has a reputation to uphold and no doubt a smartphone in his hand so look forward to his reply

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Old 31 January 2020, 07:27 PM   #55
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Not cool at all and he’s online now lurking. Fake watch, lies and nonsense.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 31 January 2020, 07:30 PM   #56
imgook
"TRF" Member

I've had many PM, from others that have had been scammed by this guy. They are all still trying to get their money back before they go public.

Chris has been messaging my friend who he scammed all afternoon telling him to make me take down this post....

His had plenty of time to respond.
In the mean time he kicks us out of his Facebook Group Scam, and I did not break any rules there. Haven't even posted a single time there.
Old 31 January 2020, 07:34 PM   #57
robby_jai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by levin123 View Post
Okay I'm not in your favour on this one anymore David, if the seller has no idea a watch is fake when he sells it, then when the buyer finds out, refunds the buyer in full and apologises, then that is a different matter.

Mistakes happen, he fixed the situation - please post all the facts from the beginning
Bro you can be serious right ???/ . while someone has worked hard to build his brand which we all acknowledge.....his reputation doesn't give him an excuse to behave the way he did based on the evidence provided by the other side of the fence.....2.5 months to deliver a product doesn't seem like a justifiable mistake... seems more a premeditated attempt at something unsavoury. that's My opinion and I'm happy to be proven wrong.....but actions speak louder than words .......how a self confessed watch expert can make a "mistake" is all to convenient of an escape route for me sorry. if he had bought that watch legit with real funds I can assure you any watch person parting with more than 20k worth of funds will do a lot of due diligence. so the question becomes how did one get in possession of a super fake 🤷🤷 they don't accidentally fall out of the sky. they are quite difficult to source
🤷 anyway just my two bobs worth.. may i also make a comment... all shonksters in history... and scammers are known as "Confidence Tricksters" ... build your trust... and then scam you... bernie maddof... classic example..... build your rep to an unshakeable standard.. perpetuate your scam.... more importantly... if any of you guys bought a "rolex" from this guy... i'd be making a bee line for the closest bloody AD to get your watch verified....... this could be the tip of the iceberg for all we know
Old 31 January 2020, 07:35 PM   #58
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Spam the guys YT channel. Even if he removes comments, it’ll cost him time and stress him out.
Old 31 January 2020, 07:35 PM   #59
Axaxax
"TRF" Member

Please don't take this down, $29k is alot of money and he has taken advantage of every excuse, Volcano tradegy, Bushfires, Fake DHL follow up. He has shown he has zero integrity, there is no doubt he knowingly did this.

I can't wait for the new transcript :)
Old 31 January 2020, 07:48 PM   #60
watchoz
"TRF" Member

This is really concering. I've been watching his channel for a while now, he seems very knowledgeable. That said i'd never buy a watch from a bloody Facebook group of all places. Will watch closely to see the outcome..
Closed Thread

Tags
357q00k9 , chris , daytona , essery , fake rolex , fraud , horology house , horologyhouse@gmail.com , perth , scam , scammer