The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 19 October 2011, 11:11 PM   #61
jnkay
"TRF" Member

Watch: du jour
Quote:
Originally Posted by nch209 View Post
Interesting... never thought of this method... Hope it worked out for u ok jnkay.
Thanks, Nathan. Once I figured out that he didn't actually have the watch that I picked out from his website, and that I had no way of knowing what I was actually going to get, I told him I wanted to cancel, and he tried to charge me a 15% restocking fee for a watch that never even shipped!
jnkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2011, 12:24 AM   #62
BH13GMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
I have bought and sold on Chrono 24 over the last few years, when u are selling as an individual you have to provide pics with certain times showing to prove the watch is in your posession. It seems it would be a good idea for dealers to do the same.

Rolex Sub 1680, Rolex GMT 116710LN, Rolex Datejust 16220 Salmon Dial (the Mrs), Tudor BB58, Tudor Pelagos Blue and Several Seiko's
"last one in the chopper is a rotten egg" Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
BH13GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2011, 03:25 PM   #63
julioa007
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116523,16613,16800
Good Work all, This palce Rocks.... Tight community , just Love it!
julioa007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2011, 02:18 AM   #64
freddyttt
"TRF" Member

had my eye on a dtaejust from this place-

no more,

thanks-

http://www.goldwatchco.com/Browse/Pr...ture=US&track=
freddyttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2011, 03:05 AM   #65
cryhavok
"TRF" Member

the photoshop of the storefront compared to how it actually looks is hilarious
cryhavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2011, 12:31 AM   #66
js16910
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
As you all know, I bought a GMT from Goldwatchco.com a few weeks ago.
http://www.goldwatchco.com/Browse/Pr...II-Model-16713
My wife and I are in Ft. Lauderdale for a week now so I have set up an appointment with Dennis to go into they're office to 'look at a watch for my wife'. I will let you all know the entire rundown of their whole operation after I go in there. My watch checked out 100% but alot of you seem to be very skeptical about them so well see. wish me luck!
js16910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2011, 01:41 AM   #67
Mickey®
Banned

Watch: Swiss Made
Quote:
Originally Posted by js16910 View Post
As you all know, I bought a GMT from Goldwatchco.com a few weeks ago.
http://www.goldwatchco.com/Browse/Pr...II-Model-16713
My wife and I are in Ft. Lauderdale for a week now so I have set up an appointment with Dennis to go into they're office to 'look at a watch for my wife'. I will let you all know the entire rundown of their whole operation after I go in there. My watch checked out 100% but alot of you seem to be very skeptical about them so well see. wish me luck!
There are other sellers out there! It seems like your set on buying from this ONE?
Mickey® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2011, 07:53 AM   #68
js16910
"TRF" Member

I had a good experience with them so I am going back for more. If I know for a fact that they are legitimate, why would I shop anywhere else?
Old 24 October 2011, 06:01 PM   #69
xjeeunitx
2024 Pledge Member

That's kind of pricey for this model. Also, you know all of this mumbo jumbo yet you still want to go ahead? That's cool. Good luck.
xjeeunitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2011, 10:25 AM   #70
TPLGT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I had a good experience with them so I am going back for more. If I know for a fact that they are legitimate, why would I shop anywhere else?
This guy must be a shill for Goldwatchco...makese no sense...who would buy from this douche given all of his shady information. I bought from DavidSW...honest, great guy and a terrific deal!
Old 26 October 2011, 12:38 AM   #71
js16910
"TRF" Member

Ok people here it is. Went into they're office yesterday and checked them out. As far as I'm concerned, my watch, and now my wife's watch, are 100% authentic Rolex and Mayors Jewelers on Lincoln Rd has verified that for me. Will post pics of my Wife's watch shortly. They have a lot of sport models in stock, not too many presidents and datejusts though. Dennis and Sam are very nice guys and couldn't have been any more upfront and honest. Also, Google maps needs to update because the outside was exactly like it shows on the website. I spoke to Sam about this thread and he said he posted on it once to clarify a few things but he doesn't care of it because all the negative comments are solely people who haven't done business with them and people who have, will post positive. The area which his store is in, is next door to the seybold building in Downtown Miami and the thing that really impressed me was that he took me to the seybold building with my GMT, and took me to a few of his vendors as well, and most of them were selling the same GMT, for the price I paid for it. The site is selling it for 5995 now but I wired him 5k fro it, I feel like that's a good deal. Additionally, I told Sam that I will be posting a positive review on the forums about him and his company and he told me to mention that anyone who calls to buy a watch and mentions this thread, will get 200$ off any watch. I thought that was good humor but he seemed pretty serious to me. Anyway, This is my wife's watch
http://www.goldwatchco.com/Browse/Se...ver-Stick-Dial
will post actual pictures of it shortly.
Btw I paid 5k for it.
Old 26 October 2011, 02:02 AM   #72
316lad
"TRF" Member

Good for you js16910.

Over in the "Watchout" section we've watched 3 different ebay auctions for fake Rolex go to full time and sell in the last three days.

If you have found this guy to be the genuine article then of course, you should recommend him.
Others on here might have had their opinion somewhat prejudiced by the earlier postings.

I just think of those 3 guys out there receiving fake Rolexs' and probably not even realising until one day they go into their local AD to send it for service, or have it resized, and then get the shock to be told it's a fake.

What a minefield this whole business can be - when it should be a great time, a happy time.
316lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2011, 02:23 AM   #73
js16910
"TRF" Member

i agree with you james. BTW here are the pics of the watch

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-b...0/IMG_1257.JPG

my wife loves the watch
Old 26 October 2011, 02:24 AM   #74
js16910
"TRF" Member

sorry about that here is the second

Old 27 October 2011, 08:49 AM   #75
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
Dennis and Sam are very nice guys and couldn't have been any more upfront and honest.
The thing is, most "upfront and honest" people don't lie about the watches they have in stock. Nor do they send pirated (and photoshopped) pictures of completely different watches to potential customers. Just my $.02.
freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2011, 10:00 AM   #76
Nalk7
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114270,5508,124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefly View Post
The thing is, most "upfront and honest" people don't lie about the watches they have in stock. Nor do they send pirated (and photoshopped) pictures of completely different watches to potential customers. Just my $.02.
X2 shopping stolen pics and passing them as theirs is totally unacceptable, the employee responsible for this should be fired
Nalk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2011, 10:52 AM   #77
ericloso

The fact Dennis is still there says it all to me. Sorry, but if an employee of a reputable business is happy to photoshop pics from this forum, being too lazy to go and get the ACTUAL pics of the watch himself (only to have the boss find out about it and do nothing), then good luck shopping there....

I made it clear in my e mails to Dennis I was a first time buyer and was new to the whole experience of purchasing a Rolex, I was looking for a trustworthy source of information. Living in a part of the world full of frauds I was extra cautious, hence my postings of the pics Dennis sent on this forum. THE PICS WERE COPIED, PHOTOSHOPPED AND PASSED OF AS GENUINE, HE STILL WORKS THERE AFTER E MAILS FROM SAM SAYING HE WOULD BE DEALT WITH APPROPRIATELY (FRAUD IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE BY THE WAY)......

If you purchased a watch from there and it APPEARS genuine and stuff then great, sure the AD's know what they are talking about, but I would remove your photos from this website as they may be used (photoshopped) to advertise others.....

The bitten and now 10 times shy OP..... MANY THANKS TO THIS SITE, YOU SAVED ME A GREAT DEAL OF SHAME AND CASH!!!! I DONT HAVE MY DREAM ROLEX YET BUT I WILL BY NEXT YEAR FOR MY WEDDING, BOUGHT FROM THIS SITE FROM ONE OF 3 CHOICE SELLERS I AM ALREADY IN CONTACT WITH....
ericloso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2011, 11:20 AM   #78
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
It sounds like it was a photo of the actual watch for sale, they just hadn't bought it yet.
The whole thing stinks like a whorehouse on payday. Photoshop? Really? Give it up. They may not be stealing money, or passing fakes, but what they did is unethical and they openly lied to you.(at least once)
Who in their right mind wants to deal in luxury items with a known liar.
I'll stick with the known Good guys, thanks. If they don't have something that you want, they let you know, and they work with you to get it. That's real service.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2011, 10:15 PM   #79
alwinlee
"TRF" Member

Just my 2 cents regarding the employee who 'obviously got lazy'.

If he had really gotten lazy, he would have whipped out his camera phone, took phone quality pictures and just sent them. Why bother searching pages of forum threads, picking out an appropriate model, then putting in the extra effort to doctor the pictures to perfection. That to me is not lazy.

Pretty dodgy if you ask me
alwinlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2011, 11:34 PM   #80
jhcam8
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalk7 View Post
X2 shopping stolen pics and passing them as theirs is totally unacceptable, the employee responsible for this should be fired
Probaby the owner's nephew.
jhcam8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2011, 04:17 AM   #81
jizeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: neilswatches@gmail
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post
Probaby the owner's nephew.
i think it was probably dennis himself. he prob didnt have the watch in stock and was trying to source it and found my photography skills to be amazing so he stole my pics....

here you go dennis, this is for you!
jizeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2011, 06:16 AM   #82
Andelain
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing your 6......
Tagging this one for the drama.

OP, glad you didn't get ripped.

Andelain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2011, 06:58 AM   #83
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwatch View Post
Thank you you for all your understanding on this matter and we hope to do business with each and every one of you, and create many happy customers.
You've not got my understanding.

I know full well what happened and it stinks to high heaven.

You will never get a cent or penny of mine after this pathetic show.
Old 31 October 2011, 02:53 AM   #84
RolexWatcher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ok people here it is. Went into they're office yesterday and checked them out. As far as I'm concerned, my watch, and now my wife's watch, are 100% authentic Rolex and Mayors Jewelers on Lincoln Rd has verified that for me. Will post pics of my Wife's watch shortly. They have a lot of sport models in stock, not too many presidents and datejusts though. Dennis and Sam are very nice guys and couldn't have been any more upfront and honest. Also, Google maps needs to update because the outside was exactly like it shows on the website. I spoke to Sam about this thread and he said he posted on it once to clarify a few things but he doesn't care of it because all the negative comments are solely people who haven't done business with them and people who have, will post positive. The area which his store is in, is next door to the seybold building in Downtown Miami and the thing that really impressed me was that he took me to the seybold building with my GMT, and took me to a few of his vendors as well, and most of them were selling the same GMT, for the price I paid for it. The site is selling it for 5995 now but I wired him 5k fro it, I feel like that's a good deal. Additionally, I told Sam that I will be posting a positive review on the forums about him and his company and he told me to mention that anyone who calls to buy a watch and mentions this thread, will get 200$ off any watch. I thought that was good humor but he seemed pretty serious to me. Anyway, This is my wife's watch
http://www.goldwatchco.com/Browse/Se...ver-Stick-Dial
will post actual pictures of it shortly.
Btw I paid 5k for it.
You are a brave brave man. These guys love to photoshop.

As jizeal said, in addition to the pics they stole from him which they photoshoped, they ALSO photoshop their own damn shop to mislead people that they are this big company. Just look at it vs google maps!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 1.jpg (164.0 KB, 1123 views)
File Type: jpg Image 2.jpg (160.7 KB, 1121 views)
RolexWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2011, 08:17 AM   #85
Mickey®
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexWatcher View Post
You are a brave brave man. These guys love to photoshop.

As jizeal said, in addition to the pics they stole from him which they photoshoped, they ALSO photoshop their own damn shop to mislead people that they are this big company. Just look at it vs google maps!
I like the addition of the brinks and the international flags! They really improved that building...sales must be great!!!

I'm going to buy one from them this evening. They must be the real deal!
Old 31 October 2011, 09:12 AM   #86
Andelain
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing your 6......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey® View Post
I like the addition of the brinks and the international flags! They really improved that building...sales must be great!!!

I'm going to buy one from them this evening. They must be the real deal!
And here I was thinking it was the skyscraper in the background that made all the difference!

Andelain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2011, 09:14 AM   #87
Mickey®
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andelain View Post
And here I was thinking it was the skyscraper in the background that made all the difference!
Ah yes right next to the Seybold building!!!
Old 31 October 2011, 12:53 PM   #88
RolexWatcher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andelain View Post
Wow, you are right. They even photoshop the skyscraper behind.

Quote:
Also, Google maps needs to update because the outside was exactly like it shows on the website.
Really??? Yes even that skyscraper behind it??
RolexWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2011, 01:47 AM   #89
Johny
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub 16610Lv
photoshop a skyscraper.
Old 2 November 2011, 04:56 AM   #90
meowki
"TRF" Member

haven't been in this forum since everyone helped me find my husband his dream watch, the dream watch turned to a different watch :) so he wanted me to trade his submariner for a new explorer. then he told that the watch is not available in the US yet. so i went online called a couple online company and one said they had it and would trade. i went to there office in downtown miami they had the watch ready for me. then they asked if i ever heard of rolex forum and i told them yes they helped me pick out my first watch for my hubby, well the company i dealt with was goldwatchco.com they where very nice peaple and wait till i take some picture of the watch i got my husband.
meowki is offline   Reply With Quote