The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Gallery

Old 29 December 2018, 12:21 AM   #61
bradyb
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Only seen short clips of Ellen over the years, but always enjoy seeing which Rolex she's wearing. Always something cool and always looks great on her!
bradyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 01:03 AM   #62
briboxer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: forever changing
I have been in the habit of watching her after picking up kid from school. I look forward to seeing what she is wearing. Some great Pateks too. Both new and vintage are well represented. Adam Levine must have the same stylist:). He's sporting not only Paul Newmans, but 3700 or 3800 it seems. Steve Harvey's loves his Rainbow Daytona...a gift from Ellen???
All I have seen on Dr. Phil is his Cartier Roadster:(
briboxer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 02:03 AM   #63
hothothaven
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II, Pam 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
I’m not sure they are “incorrectly sized” per se - from what I’ve observed she just seems to prefer to wear them a little looser, more like a bangle bracelet, than most Rolex-wearers would.

If you google image search “Ellen Degeneres Rolex” you will see she wears all of her watches slightly loose like this.

my wife will borrow my panerai 47mm from time to time and wear it loose on her wrist like a bracelet. I think it is a mistake for us to take men's fashion codes and apply them to women, even women who may borrow some of their fashion codes from men. (eg by wearing mens watches in the first place). I think the way she wears them works great for her and her style.
hothothaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 02:10 AM   #64
Case61
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Just in case you hadn't seen this, here's an episode with Seinfeld on his show Comedians in Cars, you can see the vintage PN Daytona.
The girl has impeccable tastes.

https://www.dmarge.com/2018/07/ellen...lex.html#gsi-3
https://www.facebook.com/JerrySeinfe...6700085441330/
Right, but that's not THE PN watch that went for approximately $20 million (including commission) to an anonymous buyer in a 2017 auction. As far as I know, the buyer has never been identified.

She does indeed have impeccable tastes, though, and the money (well-earned, IMO) to indulge them.

Case61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 02:32 AM   #65
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Case61 View Post
Right, but that's not THE PN watch that went for approximately $20 million (including commission) to an anonymous buyer in a 2017 auction. As far as I know, the buyer has never been identified.

She does indeed have impeccable tastes, though, and the money (well-earned, IMO) to indulge them.

Um, I never made a claim it was "thee" watch that was sold anywhere. I was just pointing out another of her nice watches with some links so you can see some nice photos.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 05:03 AM   #66
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Good spot OP.

I don’t watch Ellen and not overly bothered about her particularly, but nothing wrong with a bit of watch spotting.

Wearing a watch loose is a pretty cool look for a woman (in my view at least), as are slightly oversized watches right now. If the purists don’t like it, or it will result in bracelet stretch, I’m pretty sure that Ellen won’t lose too much sleep over it...so everyone can relax

Seems like she has a cool collection, good on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 05:52 AM   #67
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Pretty sure msrp her AD is Gearys in Beverly Hills. I was there one day when she walked in
Quite a few years ago as her watch collection was just starting, she made a comment on her show that she was having trouble sourcing a SS Daytona. The late owner of longtime Houston AD I.W. Marks offered up one for the publicity and presented it to her. Have no idea if that was a one and done or she continued doing business with them. I suspect that RolexUSA has a list of “Super VIPs” who can get anything they want through the dealer of their choice.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2019, 08:34 AM   #68
Yeldraw
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
I follow this guy on YouTube and he does some interesting videos on celebrity watch collections.

Here is Ellens. She is definitely a serious Rolex watch collector...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky1eMziIzpI
Yeldraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 01:29 AM   #69
prettychaos
"TRF" Member

She's a keeper
prettychaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2019, 12:46 PM   #70
deltaman
"TRF" Member

She’s got an awesome collection
deltaman is offline   Reply With Quote