The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 13 February 2018, 07:07 PM   #1
Rex911
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai 243 Sub
243 Help Requested

Gents, i have an I series 243 which was PVD'd prior to me purchasing it a few years back. I love this watch and as most of you will have the same 'fever' as my wife calls it, I have a substantial amount of £'s invested in straps and buckles!
The issue is I am currently having it services in Liverpool U.K as the AD's wont touch it. Unfortunately the bezel spring is broken - has been for a long time. And I cant get a replacement.

I was just wondering does anyone have one knocking about?

Appreciate your help!

Rex911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 06:19 AM   #2
stockae92
"TRF" Member

I heard stories like that about service won't touch aftermarket PVD watch. But I wonder if local watch market can get the replacement and fix it for ya?
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2018, 04:04 PM   #3
Rex911
"TRF" Member

Thanks

Three possibilities - remove the PVD - possible but expensive, Live with a non ratcheting bezel and finally source the part......
I have had a pointer that 24/25 part may fit.....will see what happens
Old 14 February 2018, 10:12 PM   #4
mjolnir2thor
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5226G & 5513(1963)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex911 View Post
Gents, i have an I series 243 which was PVD'd prior to me purchasing it a few years back. I love this watch and as most of you will have the same 'fever' as my wife calls it, I have a substantial amount of £'s invested in straps and buckles!
The issue is I am currently having it services in Liverpool U.K as the AD's wont touch it. Unfortunately the bezel spring is broken - has been for a long time. And I cant get a replacement.

I was just wondering does anyone have one knocking about?

Appreciate your help!

I wonder why having the watch coated in PVD would make a difference. Unless the AD is concerned that the watch internals were taken apart and do not want to be responsible for any work preformed. Would a local watch smithy work on the watch? At the very least they can order the needed part for you. Hmmm...
mjolnir2thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 12:14 AM   #5
Rex911
"TRF" Member

watch

My local watchmaker is a guy called Alex from perpetua; time Liverpool UK. He has tried to source but Pan will not sell.

At the end of the day it has only been coated.....not the end of the world if it doesnt click, at least the movement wiill be serviced and sealed and pressure tested with a 2 year warranty!