The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 30 September 2023, 08:18 PM   #3961
flyinghell34
"TRF" Member

New C&J Coniston in Tan Scotch Grain. Really like the weight and feel of these.

Also, still looking for a bit of input on the heel of my C&J Islay boots on the previous page. Thank you.
flyinghell34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2023, 09:29 PM   #3962
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghell34 View Post
I was hoping to get a quick opinion and some relief regarding the heel on my new Crockett and Jones Islay boots… Would the leather separating from the rubber be common?
I only have a pair of C&J Pembroke shoes and there’s none of that separation. TBH, it looks quite minor so I don’t think it would bother me, but if it still bothers you I would probably email C&J to get their opinion. I expect they’d be open and helpful, and their reply might offer a sense of reassurance.

Congrats on the Conistons—they look really great. Do they fit more snug than the Islays?
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2023, 09:46 PM   #3963
flyinghell34
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Collar Boy View Post
I only have a pair of C&J Pembroke shoes and there’s none of that separation. TBH, it looks quite minor so I don’t think it would bother me, but if it still bothers you I would probably email C&J to get their opinion. I expect they’d be open and helpful, and their reply might offer a sense of reassurance.

Congrats on the Conistons—they look really great. Do they fit more snug than the Islays?
Thanks for the opinion. I may reach out to them. My only concern was water getting into the gap and eventually causing an issue. I by no means think the heel is just going to fall off with normal wear. Honestly, I have other boots to wear in foul weather so the Islays are really just a nice dress and style boot for me so I really don't anticipate an issue. Also, like watch pictures, the image exaggerates the flaw and I think that is happening here. The gap is really not noticeable to eye. Maybe I'll just keep it well conditioned and keep and eye on it.

The Conistons fit just a bit more snug in the toe for me but comparable to the Islay. The Islay is a bit more generous in the toe box. This is new to me so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
flyinghell34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2023, 04:58 AM   #3964
Mario3252
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT
Nice collection
Mario3252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2023, 01:32 PM   #3965
Kowaco
"TRF" Member

Watch: G Shock
Anyone have recommendations for a comfortable dress shoe. I always wore AE leather soles, but lately my feet are hurting. Looking for something that looks like a dress shoe but feels like a tennis shoe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kowaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2023, 04:27 PM   #3966
swils8610
2024 Pledge Member

I have several friends that really like Cole Hahn and Johnson&Murphy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2023, 01:09 AM   #3967
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowaco View Post
Anyone have recommendations for a comfortable dress shoe. I always wore AE leather soles, but lately my feet are hurting. Looking for something that looks like a dress shoe but feels like a tennis shoe

I had a couple pairs of the Johnston & Murphy xc4 collection that were very comfortable. They seem to be reserving this for the more casual lines now but it may be worth a try. They are a big step down from AE in quality though.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2023, 01:11 AM   #3968
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Oh, also try rolling the bottoms of your feet on a hard roller device. It really helos me when my feet start hurting. A PT recommended that I do this regularly after a minor case of plantar fasciitis a few years ago and I never have foot pain anymore.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2023, 02:09 AM   #3969
Gladiat0r
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Was just going to ask the same thing. I have knee problems and by wearing Nike’s or Adidas it helped big time. The breathability helps too in the summer so my feet aren’t soaked in sweat. But I hate wearing sneakers and slacks/jeans. Looks terrible.

Was hoping for a dress style shoe for daily versatile use that wont bother my knees.
Gladiat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2023, 02:15 AM   #3970
rmlovett1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
Typically wear Cole Haan, but picked up a couple pairs of boots from Freebird recently…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2023, 01:53 AM   #3971
Gladiat0r
"TRF" Member

Thanks to those who recommended Cole Haan. Went to the local store yesterday and was thoroughly impressed in their offerings and how comfortable they are. Walked out with some casual grandpro sneakers and ordered some laser cut leather dress shoes. Wearing the sneakers today and can’t say it’s really any less comfortable than Nike/adidas sneakers. Will update the thread once I get the shoes and wear them a bit.
Gladiat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2023, 02:20 PM   #3972
shedlock2000
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16753; Bellini Dia
How many of you are into shoes... (Dress Shoes)?

14 years and counting. Pratchett is right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SS Submariner no date 1992 (sold); SS GMT II 2007 (sold); SS GMT II C 2008 ('M' series) (sold); SS Sub C 2011 (sold); BB GMT 1971 (sold); Omega 50th GMT
shedlock2000 is offline   Reply With Quote