The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 March 2011, 03:03 AM   #1
sneather
"TRF" Member

What items should come with NEW SubC?

Hi:

I just got my first Rolex. New. From an authorized dealer in NYC. The watch is clearly new, in the proper green box. However, I didn't receive the green booklet that seems to be where the serial and other pertinent details would be listed. Nor did I receive the actual instruction manual for the Sub. Instead, there was one for the GMT. Obvious mistake there. All the protective shipping stickers were properly affixed to the watch, although I didn't get that acrylic cover for the face/bezel. I also didn't get that traditional little emblem attached to the string like I see in many photos here. I instead got a tyvek band that I had to cut off.

Can someone please give me the lowdown on what I should really expect to have received with the watch? I'm going to call and ask that they send me some of the omitted items, for posterity and any future need to sell. But I want to know what's reasonable to expect.

Thanks so much.
sneather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2011, 03:12 AM   #2
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub
This is what mine came with:

Both boxes + white outer sleeve
2 hang tags
bezel cover
all the booklets and the warranty card (dated 8/2010)

Instagram: rolexfan69
djemmtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2011, 03:14 AM   #3
sneather
"TRF" Member

Thanks SO much for the immediate reply and photo. That tells the whole story there.
I did get both display, and outer boxes. Just not anything else. Well, of course I got the watch! And I'm loving it!

Thanks.
Old 12 March 2011, 03:23 AM   #4
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub
wear it in good health brother! its a stunning piece!

Instagram: rolexfan69
djemmtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2011, 03:31 AM   #5
sneather
"TRF" Member

Thanks so much.
Old 12 March 2011, 03:42 AM   #6
mtrunner
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126508 Paul Newman
If you bought it from an AD in NYC tell them you want the Submariner book, warranty booklet and your warranty card. This should come with a new watch.
mtrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2011, 03:48 AM   #7
Frogman4me
Banned

I would go back and request everything that was missing. What is the point of buying it from an AD brand new if you do not get everything its suppose to come with, especially if you paid MSRP.
Frogman4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2011, 03:48 AM   #8
SaddleSC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneather View Post
Hi:

I just got my first Rolex. New. From an authorized dealer in NYC. The watch is clearly new, in the proper green box. However, I didn't receive the green booklet that seems to be where the serial and other pertinent details would be listed. Nor did I receive the actual instruction manual for the Sub. Instead, there was one for the GMT. Obvious mistake there. All the protective shipping stickers were properly affixed to the watch, although I didn't get that acrylic cover for the face/bezel. I also didn't get that traditional little emblem attached to the string like I see in many photos here. I instead got a tyvek band that I had to cut off.

Can someone please give me the lowdown on what I should really expect to have received with the watch? I'm going to call and ask that they send me some of the omitted items, for posterity and any future need to sell. But I want to know what's reasonable to expect.

Thanks so much.
Just to clarify...are you saying that you did not get the warranty card with the Serial Number? If you bought new from an AD, then this is a huge oversight and you need to immediately go back and request it. The hang tag also has the Serial #, but this is nowhere near as important as the papers.

There is NO WAY I would consider buying a "brand new" Rolex from an AD and not get the warranty papers. All of the other stuff (instructions booklets, etc. can be easily replaced).

BTW, Congratulations on the new watch...I just got my SubC last week and it is truly an amazing piece.
Old 12 March 2011, 04:46 AM   #9
jonathon555
"TRF" Member

I never got the gold book with my sub c got all the other stuff though
jonathon555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2011, 04:49 AM   #10
sneather
"TRF" Member

Update. Just found out that it was not from an AD. It's from a trusted retailer, but that explains the lack of warranty info. There is none. The watch was a gift, so I hadn't been aware of some of the details. My wife had been well aware of the AD aspect, but decided it was not an issue considering the considerable savings. Hedging a bet over the two first years, so to speak.

But I spoke with them, and they're going to be getting the proper instruction manual to me.

Thanks again, everyone.
Old 12 March 2011, 05:17 AM   #11
SaddleSC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
Quote:
Update. Just found out that it was not from an AD. It's from a trusted retailer, but that explains the lack of warranty info. There is none. The watch was a gift, so I hadn't been aware of some of the details. My wife had been well aware of the AD aspect, but decided it was not an issue considering the considerable savings. Hedging a bet over the two first years, so to speak.

But I spoke with them, and they're going to be getting the proper instruction manual to me.

Thanks again, everyone.
I would not be concerned about the warranty, but not having the warranty card would bother me on a brand new watch, because it would affect the value if you decided to sell it. I just hope you got a good deal on it to compensate for the missing items.
Old 12 March 2011, 05:22 AM   #12
RRGHOST1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT SubC Blue
I hope it was a considerable saving !
RRGHOST1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2011, 05:39 AM   #13
sneather
"TRF" Member

It was over $2K, so I'd say it was worthwhile. Again, that value of the warranty is just a limited one. After the two-years, all bets are off. Plus, the retailer grants it's own warranty for that period. My wife has bought me watches from them for almost a decade now, with nary a problem. This was simply the first watch of such value as a Rolex...
This has always been my dream watch, since I was a kid, so it's not going anywhere. Someday, my daughter will get to have it.
Old 12 March 2011, 10:44 AM   #14
Tri-Tip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out!!!
Quote:
It was over $2K, so I'd say it was worthwhile. Again, that value of the warranty is just a limited one. After the two-years, all bets are off. Plus, the retailer grants it's own warranty for that period. My wife has bought me watches from them for almost a decade now, with nary a problem. This was simply the first watch of such value as a Rolex...
This has always been my dream watch, since I was a kid, so it's not going anywhere. Someday, my daughter will get to have it.
Over $2,000 off? Must have fallen off the back of a truck.
Tri-Tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2011, 10:56 AM   #15
sneather
"TRF" Member

Well, it's a two-tone. So, a bit more to start.
Old 12 March 2011, 11:01 AM   #16
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

A big set of brass b@LL$
SS Oyster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2011, 11:08 AM   #17
sneather
"TRF" Member

What do you mean?