The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 30 June 2020, 01:59 AM   #91
erhein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrs63 View Post
I would never send my Rolex to a co that does not use 100% genuine parts.
We have Phillip Ridley in Mesa, now. Can't do any better than that.
Old 30 June 2020, 03:34 AM   #92
samuel019
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Well I paid my invoice today and hope to have my bracelet back this week. I will gladly posts my thoughts and my before and after pics. I am hopeful that all will turn out well. I was billed for an extra half hour of laser welding so this thing should come back looking great considering the small amount of a stretch I had prior to shipping, see page 2. Most will think I am crazy to even send it in the first place but I was trying to catch it before it got worse considering its roughly a 14-15 year old watch/band. Then ultimately costing me a lot more.

Overall I feel what I have paid is more then fair especially considering the cost of a new band from Rolex. Now lets just hope the work performed justifies the costs paid.
Old 30 June 2020, 12:09 PM   #93
forgedblades
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV/CokeGMT II
Is micheal young still repairing bracelets? Used to be the go to guys around here for this type of thing. Not trying to hijack just wondering
forgedblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2020, 08:28 PM   #94
faimag
"TRF" Member

Watch: Reverso
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgedblades View Post
Is micheal young still repairing bracelets? Used to be the go to guys around here for this type of thing. Not trying to hijack just wondering
I think so. He is "Classic Watch Repair" in Hong Kong.
faimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 01:39 AM   #95
BigBlue1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgedblades View Post
He’s still servicing but given everything going on, I would probably wait a bit. He does great work though, that I can tell you.

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
BigBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 01:40 AM   #96
BigBlue1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Good for you. Let me know how it works out for you if and when he destroys a $15,000 watch of yours. You'll think different then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
Wow, not good. Can you give us more details?
Second

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
BigBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 10:20 AM   #97
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Rolliworks - Unfortunate bad work

Quote:
Good for you. Let me know how it works out for you if and when he destroys a $15,000 watch of yours. You'll think different then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
Wow, not good. Can you give us more details?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue1 View Post
Second
I think John had multiple past experiences from his earlier post that I pasted below.

Quote:

I would never use them again and discourage anyone from doing so. I have used them three or four times and on one occasion everything worked out OK.

I don’t think he’s planning on further details here as this thread is now quite far afield from its original purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 02:00 AM   #98
SamP
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680/8 & '88 16528
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronch View Post
Don't be so defensive. Frankly, he doesn't have to prove anything to you. He's providing his experience and opinion and he's entitled to that. Clearly there were issues that he was not happy with... Who are you to tell him he's wrong? He's entitled to his opinion and you're entitled to ignore him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well said aaronch
SamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 05:50 AM   #99
SamP
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680/8 & '88 16528
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronch View Post
Spot on. Unfortunately it's a symptom of the times we live in where people feel the need to shutdown/cancel any differing opinions.

Well said, once again.
SamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2020, 09:55 PM   #100
Watchcollectables
"TRF" Member

Guys just a quick note from me here about Mike and bracelet restoration, tightening . In case you arnt aware I am Seth from TWD and we do the exact same work in UK and for Eu customers . We get quite a few enquiries from the US and we always forward them to Mike as logistically its a lot simpler and less customs issues .I have never had any bad press back from any of our enquirers , thats not to say all get back but Ive only had positives if they confirm Mike did the work and they were appreciative of my effort to tell them to use Mike .
Its worth taking time to consider the ramifications of leaving instant bad press on a business before all other avenues have failed . We as watchmakers/restorers never set out to do a bad job and each job is always different .
Restoring old bracelets does not mean returning it to as new condition. This is a term incorrectly used by many watch owners who dont fully understand whats possible or who generally do not inspect their bracelets more closely. It can be a curse when one guy posts `his bracelet came back just as new` when another more exacting customer sees this and has small issues because his expectations were too inflated !
Dont get me wrong I for one am always testing looking into new procedures and techniques and materials with to provide a better outcome and make our life easier and more productive. We are a business after all . Restoring bracelets is about prolonging the life of an aged item that can be safely worn and enjoyed for a good few years. Many bracelets we see such as the folded/riveted 7206/9315 will never be back to their best . Some are far more worn than others . Similarly Jubilee bracelets can be in decent shape after 40 years and some can be in terrible condition after never being cleaned and the links solid with Skin/dirt debris going back decades ! We see Welders/ builders who have worn their watches every day for 30 years, no service , no clean and Im afraid to say no respect but each to their own.
Its worth taking some time to discuss any requirements with your repairer before any work is undertaken and you are both happy with the possible outcomes . This makes a good start for any issues down the line and also helps to develop a relationship especially when you are sending a treasured item to an unknown .
We try our best and love what we do as you have to otherwise why do it in the first place . I will also say fair constructive criticism is always good and helps things going forward for any business if they are able to react and implement .
Many thanks
Watchcollectables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 12:11 AM   #101
Rolex tom
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex,seiko,Omega
Everybody is entitled to their opinion and write what their experience has been. It would seem this is one bad review in a sea of positive ones. Can people stop being so defensive?
Rolex tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2020, 07:04 AM   #102
offrdmania
2024 Pledge Member

And to this day, the OP still hasnt returned to the thread.
Old 29 September 2020, 03:05 AM   #103
Jetblack57
"TRF" Member

Opinions are like A**eholes..........Everybody has one.
Jetblack57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2020, 03:14 AM   #104
tommy.crown
"TRF" Member

Great company that covers a wide array of services.

I wish they paid more attention to quality control of their work, before requesting payment.
tommy.crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2020, 12:20 AM   #105
Rolxism
"TRF" Member

Just wow reading some of these responses. Multiple people have problems and they are bashed by members on this forum? I came here looking to have fun and get facts about this kind of stuff. Notice the Rolliworks guy didn't dispute any of the claims? Some of the members on this forum are absolutely terrible. I for one appreciate the review. Gives me something to consider when looking for places. If your working on 20k+ watches that watch better come back flawless.
Rolxism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2020, 02:22 AM   #106
snyde
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolxism View Post
Just wow reading some of these responses. Multiple people have problems and they are bashed by members on this forum? I came here looking to have fun and get facts about this kind of stuff. Notice the Rolliworks guy didn't dispute any of the claims? Some of the members on this forum are absolutely terrible. I for one appreciate the review. Gives me something to consider when looking for places. If your working on 20k+ watches that watch better come back flawless.

Lol quite the agenda for opening your account 3 days ago. Cmon man

snyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2020, 02:49 AM   #107
=w=
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18038
I finally have my post count high enough to share this photo of the work done on my 18038 president bracelet. Rolliworks literally resurrected it from the dead. Multiple cracks, extreme stretch, the thing was barely hanging in my wrist.

I have nothing but praise for the work done by the Rolliworks team!

=w= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2020, 03:32 AM   #108
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Amazing result, very nice job
Old 17 October 2020, 11:58 AM   #109
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Looks great =w=
Old 21 October 2020, 08:39 PM   #110
watchmaker
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolxism View Post
....If your working on 20k+ watches that watch better come back flawless.
Your expectations are unrealistic; everyone makes mistakes! Anyone who claims they never have or guarantees they never will is a liar (any profession, I’m not just talking watchmakers).

Price/value has no relationship to the probability of errors.
watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 03:53 PM   #111
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Oh, that it would be so easy. I truly understand what it's like to consider the word "restoration" and its many differing verdicts that are made in the eye of each beholder.
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 12:06 PM   #112
meloncap78
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV C
My 2 cents. Thousands of great reviews always trump that ONE bad experience no matter what. That’s just how business works. My advice would be instead of getting on TRF spreading your bad experience around like it’s written word you call them and hash it out like a rational adult. I am sure that they would be more than willing to rectify whatever it is that went wrong.
meloncap78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 12:25 PM   #113
barrypang
"TRF" Member

Were 18K solid gold pins used for the restoration?

Thank you.
barrypang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 01:33 PM   #114
offrdmania
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrypang View Post
Were 18K solid gold pins used for the restoration?

Thank you.
Last I heard they do since a President bracelet rebuild runs right around $1400 when a standard stainless bracelet rebuild costs approx. $300.
Old 27 October 2020, 01:35 PM   #115
barrypang
"TRF" Member

Hmm..

i see. if it’s 1400USD for the gold bracelet , then it make sense . Anyway gold prices are high now .

barrypang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 05:18 PM   #116
ADSMFreddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Turn-o-Graph
I can’t get them to reply my emails

ADSMFreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 12:16 PM   #117
SeeDweller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5212 (blasphemy!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmaker View Post
Your expectations are unrealistic; everyone makes mistakes! Anyone who claims they never have or guarantees they never will is a liar (any profession, I’m not just talking watchmakers).

Price/value has no relationship to the probability of errors.
While I agree with you, absolutely.... that everyone is human and sometimes isn't at their best, .... may I also remind you that accepting their error is much easier in some professions than in others.

As an eye surgeon, ... I don't get a lot of leeway, as you might imagine. EVERYONE wants, and expects, absolute perfection. That's why I spend a LOT of time setting up appropriate expectations BEFORE we start. That's the secret to having a 35 year practice of happy patients.

I'm drawing the analogy here to say that if I hand over a $15K watch to someone, I expect them to be a professional, and clearly communicate with me what they can do, and what they CANNOT do, and set my expectations to an appropriate level.

I've stayed out of this discussion, but I too was slightly disappointed in Rolliwork's level of quality with a couple of things. (Examples on request, but not necessary for this post). I was also very happy with a couple of other items, so ... it's mixed.

I DO agree that their communication isn't the best. It's hard to get Michael Hui on the phone, and his assistants are not the most knowledgeable. I suspect things will continue to improve as his business matures, but it's a new service, and he's going through growing pains as the demand explodes.

Will use him again, but .... I "get" the complaints above.
'21 116506 (Daytona, Blue dial)..|..... '22 116508 (Daytona, Green dial)
'21 126619LB (Submariner, Blue) ...|... '20 126710-BLNR (GMT-II, Batgirl)

.... and still trying to scratch that itch!.....
SeeDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2022, 06:46 AM   #118
blues22
"TRF" Member

W, that’s a nice job on that President. I hear nothing but good things re: Rolliworks and plan on using them for an upcoming project.
blues22 is offline   Reply With Quote