The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 March 2020, 08:53 PM   #61
Rolexavidfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr H A View Post
Collection.

Collection with social distancing?!?

Nice collection! Thanks for sharing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for the timepiece you love. You will save more. ...
Rolexavidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2020, 10:22 PM   #62
Mandy01
Banned

Watch: 126333, 114060
nice collection in such a short period, congrats. Agree it all depends in your relationship I got the Sub C(no date) and Hulk within 6 months from the same AD, now has my eyes set on GMT(either BLRO or BLNR) and hopefully a SS Daytona after.
Mandy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 10:47 AM   #63
Rezttu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116655 116500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianRider View Post
Truly a remarkable collection and story!! Were all of these from the same AD? Congratulations on the BLRO, that's next on my list! I'm also younger than my ADs' clientele, it's good to know the younger crowd hasn't just opted for smart watches Wear in good health, and have a wonderful weekend!!

Thank you! Yes! All from the same AD, it’s always a nice surprise when they shoot me a text :). I’m sure you know the feeling!

Rezttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 12:27 PM   #64
SkyJuice
"TRF" Member

Congrats OP! Compare to you, looks like I have a relation-sh1t with my AD.
SkyJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 12:46 PM   #65
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Um.....not Rolex ADs

Breitling yes

Omega yes

Panerai Yes

I do see PM Rolex going back to 20% off at ADs

I can tell you this. Watches of Switzerland is never going to discount on Rolex. I think they would close their doors first.

OP-I couldn’t agree with you more. Build that relationship and you will sooner or later get what you want. You have a great collection.

I think the brand has adopted a strategy shift against discounting, but who knows...

I don’t think they’re going to be reversing that strategy because of a temporary downturn.

RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 12:54 PM   #66
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezttu View Post
That’s a great story OP! I too follow somewhat of the same path. When I was finally ready to purchase my first Rolex, I went to several ADs back in March of 2018 before settling on my awesome AD.

They treated me so well, being that I was younger than their normal clientele, there was no judgment (I didn’t know much at the time). I was able to see everything I wanted. No rush, just great service, it was a big deal for me to spend so much at the time on a watch. We have developed a great relationship since then, which I truly value.

Anyways, long story short, my first purchase back in 2018 was the 116655, I’ve accumulated the collection below, the BLRO came the last day my AD was open a few days ago!! :) All within MSRP or below and within a reasonable time frame (less than 6 months for each piece) Enjoy!

Great collection mate. I’d love to add the ceramic white Daytona myself. Had the 116655 and really enjoyed it, underrated piece.

RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2020, 01:04 PM   #67
SeaDuba
"TRF" Member

Great advise for someone new to the game. Thanks for the encouraging post.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
SeaDuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 02:34 AM   #68
Morrison0
Banned

Watch: 116500 BLRO SubLB
Agree 100% slow start in 2018 again. Build the relationship and acquired (in order)
1. 11613LN with 2 month wait
2. BLRO Pepsi with 3 week wait
3. 11613LB with no wait
4. 1165o Daytona Black dial with 3 month wait

Morrison0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 03:11 AM   #69
MAINEZX10
"TRF" Member

Relationships go along way. I started buying watches around 2006. In 2008, I was working next to an AD and stopped in at lunch once and awhile, just to say hello. After doing that and calling in for a bit, I got in. I purchased a Black Dial MG and a used White Dial Daytona. I always stayed I touch with my salesman after the purchase. They liked the fact that I was always in touch. They called a day or two before a price increase to offer me a Black Dial Daytona, which the sale was offered to me by the owner, according to my salesman. They were great, no longer an AD though.

Fast-forward to today. In December I reached out to a new AD via email. I stopped in to meet the salesman and told him I was looking for a 116500. He gave me the whole story about buying other pieces to get the 116500. I explained to him I already own a few watches and am not looking to buy more pieces. Just interested in the 116500. I was wearing my 116520, which he noticed, and I told him I purchased in 2008. I wore the 116520 just so they knew I was not a flipper. I think between staying in touch, wearing my watch I purchased 12yrs ago and the pandemic we are in got me the 116500. They called me a couple of weeks ago with the 116500. Relationships to help a lot. Reach out just to say hello, send an email or stop by if your in the neighborhood, this has got me some hard to get pieces.
MAINEZX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 03:23 AM   #70
IndianRider
Banned

Watch: ing shameless
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINEZX10 View Post
Relationships go along way. I started buying watches around 2006. In 2008, I was working next to an AD and stopped in at lunch once and awhile, just to say hello. After doing that and calling in for a bit, I got in. I purchased a Black Dial MG and a used White Dial Daytona. I always stayed I touch with my salesman after the purchase. They liked the fact that I was always in touch. They called a day or two before a price increase to offer me a Black Dial Daytona, which the sale was offered to me by the owner, according to my salesman. They were great, no longer an AD though.

Fast-forward to today. In December I reached out to a new AD via email. I stopped in to meet the salesman and told him I was looking for a 116500. He gave me the whole story about buying other pieces to get the 116500. I explained to him I already own a few watches and am not looking to buy more pieces. Just interested in the 116500. I was wearing my 116520, which he noticed, and I told him I purchased in 2008. I wore the 116520 just so they knew I was not a flipper. I think between staying in touch, wearing my watch I purchased 12yrs ago and the pandemic we are in got me the 116500. They called me a couple of weeks ago with the 116500. Relationships to help a lot. Reach out just to say hello, send an email or stop by if your in the neighborhood, this has got me some hard to get pieces.
Congratulations on the 116500!!
IndianRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 03:49 AM   #71
MAINEZX10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congratulations on the 116500!!
Congratulations on all your purchases as well. You picked up some very nice pieces.
MAINEZX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 03:49 AM   #72
cj3209
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II-16570
I must be one of the few 'millennial-at-heart' people on TRF - lol. I have NO DESIRE to have a relationship with a Rolex watch dealer. Much prefer to 'talk' Rolex with enthusiasts on TRF.

I've been purchasing/trading from grays; paying more but much prefer this route than kow-towing to a watch salesperson.

Just my two cents worth for the day.

:)
cj3209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 04:54 AM   #73
Morrison0
Banned

Watch: 116500 BLRO SubLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj3209 View Post
I must be one of the few 'millennial-at-heart' people on TRF - lol. I have NO DESIRE to have a relationship with a Rolex watch dealer. Much prefer to 'talk' Rolex with enthusiasts on TRF.

I've been purchasing/trading from grays; paying more but much prefer this route than kow-towing to a watch salesperson.

Just my two cents worth for the day.

:)

To each their own, love it!

Morrison0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 09:31 AM   #74
Maverick_1908
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Some guys here have been extremely lucky to find AD’s that will sell them these hard to get pieces. It’s impossible for most people to have access to a plain gmt after just a few grand in spending history.
Maverick_1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 10:03 AM   #75
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Great collection OP!

For a second I thought this was a resurrection of the "It's all about who you know" thread.
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 02:23 PM   #76
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

That's a stellar collection. So you bought the PM Yachtmaster first, then got three awesome SS pieces. I'm impressed. Was this a chain or a mom and pop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmework View Post
Wow, I’m impressed...it’s a very difficult market here and I’m just a little fish in a big sea I’m afraid. Haven’t had much of any luck getting the models I was looking for around here unfortunately. Good for you though, that’s awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezttu View Post
That’s a great story OP! I too follow somewhat of the same path. When I was finally ready to purchase my first Rolex, I went to several ADs back in March of 2018 before settling on my awesome AD.

They treated me so well, being that I was younger than their normal clientele, there was no judgment (I didn’t know much at the time). I was able to see everything I wanted. No rush, just great service, it was a big deal for me to spend so much at the time on a watch. We have developed a great relationship since then, which I truly value.

Anyways, long story short, my first purchase back in 2018 was the 116655, I’ve accumulated the collection below, the BLRO came the last day my AD was open a few days ago!! :) All within MSRP or below and within a reasonable time frame (less than 6 months for each piece) Enjoy!

No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2020, 04:12 PM   #77
Mjack1
Banned

Quote:
It's truly about building a relationship. I started collecting Rolex in 2018. It was off to a slow start as this represented my first venture into the luxury watch market, but despite many mistakes, I learned to enjoy the hunt as much as the piece itself. I will add that I'm not a flipper, as to date, the only watch sale I have ever made was a datejust at a $2,000 loss to fund another purchase, which decision I regret.

In one year, I have been offered the following, all from ADs at MSRP:
- Sub date with three month wait
- Oyster Batman with no wait
- White dial ceramic daytona with 3 month wait
- James Cameron with no wait

Learn to enjoy the hunt and good things will happen.

Relationship is an important key ....your experience shows.
Mjack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2020, 08:27 AM   #78
Goonthree
"TRF" Member

Very nice to be able to get those watches in that time frame
Goonthree is offline   Reply With Quote