The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 12 May 2020, 06:02 AM   #1
unnknown
"TRF" Member

Sinn U-50 41mm

Came across the newly released Sinn U-50. Being a Sinn fan I always liked the U1 but it was too big. This new model with the Sellita Sw300 looks fantastic.

Leaning towards the SDR on bracelet and ordering a black strap as well. Not sure if its worth the extra cash to go for fully tegimented.

What are your thoughts?

https://www.sinn.de/en/Modell/U50.htm
unnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2020, 06:23 AM   #2
kungpow
"TRF" Member

Very cool to see! I always loved the U1 but it was simply too big for me too. The new 41mm size looks great!
kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2020, 07:00 AM   #3
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Light that candle!
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2020, 10:55 PM   #4
vman
"TRF" Member

Watch: less TV
Sinn hit the nail with this one ;-)
Old 13 May 2020, 01:07 AM   #5
thrillhouse
"TRF" Member

Looks great! 500m WR on an 11.15 mm case is amazing.
thrillhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2020, 01:46 AM   #6
thrillhouse
"TRF" Member

Big fan of this one. 500m WR on a 11.15 mm case is awesome.
Old 13 May 2020, 05:34 AM   #7
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 124060
I'm not a big dive watch guy, but this new Sinn looks amazing.

-Edward O. Wilson
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2020, 07:16 AM   #8
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Seems like this is going to be Sinns big win from this year. I'm glad they're catering to the smaller wrist folk. The slimmer case is amazing too.
thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2020, 08:02 AM   #9
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Price?
Old 13 May 2020, 10:13 AM   #10
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
I’m loving this model.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2020, 10:40 AM   #11
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
I'm a big fan of the U1, but this is very nice for those who want a slightly smaller version. SDR on bracelet would be my choice. Personally I'm not bothered about tegimented - in fact Sinn used Damasko's 'ice-hardened' tech until 2002/3 and then switched to tegimented https://www.damaskowatchtechnology.c...-watchcase.php Damasko claim that their tech is superior, but they are both very resilient to scratching.
Old 13 May 2020, 10:55 AM   #12
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

I've always wanted the U1 but 44mm seemed too big, not that I've ever tried it on... just on principle. But at 41mm, it seems like a win.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2020, 12:51 PM   #13
Slider817
"TRF" Member

Watch: Journe, AP & Lange
Wish Sinn had an AD in or around NYC, would love to try before I Buy. On paper, this watch looks amazing, but I’ve made the mistake of buying before trying on.

I do think this watch will be a big seller, and hope to see people’s reviews.
Slider817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2020, 01:40 PM   #14
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

This is going to be good. Just north of $2000
Old 6 June 2020, 03:41 AM   #15
Pilliam
"TRF" Member

Dudes, I’m tellin ya...this watch is killer! For sake of comparison, I’ve got a flat 7” wrist and I own a Bluesy, SD43, DJ41, BLRO, Tudor BB41 (non-diver bezel), Omega AT41, Grand Seiko SBGA375, and some others. This Sinn is so friggin comfortable and the slimness just nails it! I can’t recommend it enough. Legibility is insane.
Pilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 04:25 AM   #16
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Looks good!
Old 6 June 2020, 04:33 AM   #17
Txkill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmk416 View Post
Dudes, I’m tellin ya...this watch is killer! For sake of comparison, I’ve got a flat 7” wrist and I own a Bluesy, SD43, DJ41, BLRO, Tudor BB41 (non-diver bezel), Omega AT41, Grand Seiko SBGA375, and some others. This Sinn is so friggin comfortable and the slimness just nails it! I can’t recommend it enough. Legibility is insane.

I ordered the same exact watch from WatchBuys a few weeks ago. Glad to see them getting delivered. Stoked for mine to come soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Txkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 04:35 AM   #18
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Own 25 watches from Patek to Tudor and everything in between but man i really want this Sinn. Looks great indead, congrats. I'm going to get one, only have to decide between the steel or black bezel.
Frits1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 05:08 AM   #19
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Nice! Fellow Sinn owner here (104).
Old 6 June 2020, 10:17 AM   #20
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congratulations. I've seen a few customers start to get theirs and the watch looks amazing. The slimming down of the case makes it look so good
thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 10:38 AM   #21
thrillhouse
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Looks great! Did you get the TEGIMENT option? If so any impressions of it?
Old 6 June 2020, 08:08 PM   #22
Pilliam
"TRF" Member

Thanks, guys, for the congrats. If you're waiting on yours from WatchBuys, it should arrive soon. I ordered mine the day they e-blasted, and it came on 5/25/2020.

Frits1980 - Congrats on a classy, diverse collection; no doubt you'd like this Sinn. I'd recommend going with the black bezel SDR because it gives a much more cohesive look, IMO. I was afraid that the steel would diminish the span of the dial; conversely, the black bezel makes the dial appear more expansive.

thrillhouse - Thanks, man. Nah, didn't opt for the tegiment bracelet; although the bezel is. This watch's intended purpose is for going to the pool, beach, knockaround duty, and vacations so I don't attract attention. Basically, it's now my official beater, and I didn't want to shell out the extra duckies for something I know is gonna get wear-and-tear.

The only demerit I'll give Sinn on the "H-Link" bracelet is the clasp. The bracelet itself rocks; the clasp is cheap-y feeling (stamped). It locks tight AF...you damn near have to pull it open, so no issues with security...it's just not on par with more premium brands, but again, since it'll be my beater, IDGAF.

For what it's worth, I took it to my AD from whom I buy all my other watches, for sizing (I suck at doing it myself and didn't wanna F it up). They'd never seen a Sinn before and were crazy impressed with the solidity of the bracelet and case. Anyone sitting the fence...pull the trigger...just be sure you can live with the clasp and all the red haha.
Old 6 June 2020, 08:10 PM   #23
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Anyone understanding the delivery times on the Sinn site? It goes from 5-7 days to current 22 weeks for the full tegiment version back and forth depending on the day you check.
Old 6 June 2020, 08:37 PM   #24
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks, guys, for the congrats. If you're waiting on yours from WatchBuys, it should arrive soon. I ordered mine the day they e-blasted, and it came on 5/25/2020.

Frits1980 - Congrats on a classy, diverse collection; no doubt you'd like this Sinn. I'd recommend going with the black bezel SDR because it gives a much more cohesive look, IMO. I was afraid that the steel would diminish the span of the dial; conversely, the black bezel makes the dial appear more expansive.
Love the black bezel version on the black rubber strap, bracelet however i lean a bit more to steel since i have 3 black bezel divers on bracelets (sub, sd43, blancpain mil-spec) already.

Eather way i'm going to order it on the bracelet + additional rubber strap. If the clasp start to bug me i can Always put it on rubber.

I was realy hoping for a burgundy black bay 58 or maybe an updated new Rolex sub this year. Both dont seems to be happening so this Sinn-u50 is a great alternative.
Old 6 June 2020, 10:34 PM   #25
Pilliam
"TRF" Member

Frits1980 - gotcha...makes sense in your case. I've seen pics of the steel bezel version from those who have received theirs, and it does look great. Plus, you're doing right by ordering the rubber strap, as well. I think you'll find WatchBuys to be super responsive and easy to deal with...good luck and post pics once you get it.
Old 6 June 2020, 10:40 PM   #26
Watch2019
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frits1980 View Post
Love the black bezel version on the black rubber strap, bracelet however i lean a bit more to steel since i have 3 black bezel divers on bracelets (sub, sd43, blancpain mil-spec) already.

Eather way i'm going to order it on the bracelet + additional rubber strap. If the clasp start to bug me i can Always put it on rubber.

I was realy hoping for a burgundy black bay 58 or maybe an updated new Rolex sub this year. Both dont seems to be happening so this Sinn-u50 is a great alternative.
Sinn uses silicone, not rubber, which attracts lint, for the watch strap you have in mind. I own the U1 SE on silicone strap and swapped the silicone strap for a Bonetto Cinturini rubber nato strap partly because of the lint issue.
Watch2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2020, 03:30 AM   #27
CalSRQ1

Watch: 5513
Ordered the u50 on strap - enjoying the smaller size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg FBF3E81E-C3BD-41C1-9C2F-FD3BD9F89509.jpeg (139.6 KB, 549 views)
CalSRQ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2020, 12:12 PM   #28
Txkill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalSRQ1 View Post
Ordered the u50 on strap - enjoying the smaller size.

When did you order yours? I ordered one a couple weeks ago and was wondering if you had to wait long.

Txkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2020, 05:53 PM   #29
CalSRQ1

Watch: 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txkill View Post
When did you order yours? I ordered one a couple weeks ago and was wondering if you had to wait long.

Ordered 4/30. Received 6/4.

Was really an impulse buy- the U1 was a watch a really
Wanted long ago, but concerned about the size. Saw an article about the u50 and ordered one 5 minutes later.

I have to say I’m pleasantly surprised on the comfort. It’s a great summer watch. It’s not elegant. Hands remind me of legos, or maybe Minecraft. But surprisingly light on wrist, and without glasses no problem reading any time of day or night - second only to my seiko baby MM. for me a keeper. Best of luck on your delivery!
CalSRQ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2020, 08:40 PM   #30
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Chris, I’d be interested on how it does as far as accuracy once you’ve had it for awhile.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote