The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 30 November 2021, 10:05 AM   #1
Zazzles
"TRF" Member

26315ST - Blue Panda - Availability?

Hi All,

I am a new watch collector (only been enjoying this exciting passion for the last <1Yr) and I have my heart set on a 26315ST 38mm Chrono, in the blue/white panda dial configuration.

Currently I have a 116500LN white Daytona and 116613LB two tone 'Bluesy'. Both purchased from grey dealers off of this website (both a pleasure to work with!).

My question is:
- Do I have any hopes of acquiring one from an AD or is this simply impossible, as is the case with virtually any Rolex? If it's not impossible, what steps might I take to make it happen?
- Pricing seems extremely volatile on them currently, do you have suggestions as to what a reasonable grey market price would be for a lightly used full set example, if buying from an AD is out of the question?
- I do also want a 15450ST white dial, might I have better luck trying to track one of those down from an AD?

I live in Seattle WA USA. Very new to this watch collecting world so any noobie guidance is greatly appreciated. I'm used to this 'game' with higher end cars, but seems like watches take it to an entirely new level of difficulty!
Zazzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 12:06 PM   #2
KermitGang
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
No experience here but that’s a great looking watch. I hope you find it.
KermitGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 03:30 AM   #3
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Going to say it'll be near impossible to get as a first piece as a first time buyer at an AD/Boutique. These weren't so tough to get just last year, but with recent events and talks of this eventually discontinuing.. you can see the market price reflecting, especially on that particular dial.

I own the ruthenium dial 26315 which I received recently but that was with history with the Boutique. It's a lovely piece and wears great, especially if you enjoy the size and wear of your daytona.
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 05:36 AM   #4
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazzles View Post
Hi All,

I am a new watch collector (only been enjoying this exciting passion for the last <1Yr) and I have my heart set on a 26315ST 38mm Chrono, in the blue/white panda dial configuration.

Currently I have a 116500LN white Daytona and 116613LB two tone 'Bluesy'. Both purchased from grey dealers off of this website (both a pleasure to work with!).

My question is:
- Do I have any hopes of acquiring one from an AD or is this simply impossible, as is the case with virtually any Rolex? If it's not impossible, what steps might I take to make it happen?
- Pricing seems extremely volatile on them currently, do you have suggestions as to what a reasonable grey market price would be for a lightly used full set example, if buying from an AD is out of the question?
- I do also want a 15450ST white dial, might I have better luck trying to track one of those down from an AD?

I live in Seattle WA USA. Very new to this watch collecting world so any noobie guidance is greatly appreciated. I'm used to this 'game' with higher end cars, but seems like watches take it to an entirely new level of difficulty!
It was always sought after, particularly the blue panda but now is even more challenging. Doesn't hurt to ask though and you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoveWatch View Post
Going to say it'll be near impossible to get as a first piece as a first time buyer at an AD/Boutique. These weren't so tough to get just last year, but with recent events and talks of this eventually discontinuing.. you can see the market price reflecting, especially on that particular dial.

I own the ruthenium dial 26315 which I received recently but that was with history with the Boutique. It's a lovely piece and wears great, especially if you enjoy the size and wear of your daytona.
I would be surprised if they discontinued it already as it hasn't really been out that long. And I don't think the new movements will fit the 38mm case. Where did you hear that??
Old 1 December 2021, 05:38 AM   #5
Zazzles
"TRF" Member

Thanks all! Does anyone have a suggestion on a boutique or AD to contact?
What's the optimal way to navigate that, being I live in Seattle?
Thanks!
Old 1 December 2021, 06:45 AM   #6
mykii
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP + PP + Rolex
I have the 26315ST blue panda. It was the watch that converted me to AP. IF you can get one, would highly suggest you take it. The Grey pricing is topping an average of $70k on chrono24 currently... I think that says everything for demand for this particular reference.

Old 1 December 2021, 09:43 AM   #7
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks all! Does anyone have a suggestion on a boutique or AD to contact?
What's the optimal way to navigate that, being I live in Seattle?
Thanks!
Unless you already have a very strong relationship with an AD, you want to go with a boutique, preferably AP owned. Do you spend more time in NY, southern CA, TX or FL? There was one success story of contact by phone, IIRC, but in-person visits seem to be the way to start.
VogelPhoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 10:05 AM   #8
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
All Royal Oaks are v difficult to get, even the solid gold models. The Chrono, esp the 38mm & on top of that the blue dial, I would say is virtually impossible. If you contacted a number of boutiques and perhaps left your business card, build a relationship that'd be a good start.

As I mentioned before, AP seem to focus more recently on these factors, your story (to gauge you're not a watch flipper, who is gonna wear the watch, your motivation) as they have so many buyers they can pick & choose
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 12:59 PM   #9
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG1121 View Post
I would be surprised if they discontinued it already as it hasn't really been out that long. And I don't think the new movements will fit the 38mm case. Where did you hear that??
Oh, nothing concrete, just loose talk here and there and my boutique mentioning it.. but thats pure speculation as well. I agree the new movement would be an odd fit in the 38 case... maybe they'll keep the remaining movements for that.. who knows really but I've seen a lot of speculate talk about the 38 being discontinued along with the 26331.
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 03:02 PM   #10
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
Hi All,

I am a new watch collector (only been enjoying this exciting passion for the last &lt;1Yr) and I have my heart set on a 26315ST 38mm Chrono, in the blue/white panda dial configuration.

My question is:

Wouldn’t hurt to express interest in the 26315 ROC, but I’d say you have less than a 1% chance of getting an allocation for this piece. It’s always been very difficult but lately I’d dare say it’s impossible.

This model in both dials has gone nuts. If you can even find someone that actually has it, I’d expect to pay upper $50s to low $60s and even that might be difficult.

I’d absolutely work with an AP boutique on the 15450 silver dial. This should be attainable within a year or so if you’re patient and invest the time in building a relationship and getting the boutique to understand this is a watch you desire for your personal collection. There is zero chance personally I’d take the risk and pay the premium on this model. But if you’re keeping it long term and you’re impatient I always say go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 December 2021, 03:08 PM   #11
Zazzles
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
Wouldn’t hurt to express interest in the 26315 ROC, but I’d say you have less than a 1% chance of getting an allocation for this piece. It’s always been very difficult but lately I’d dare say it’s impossible.

This model in both dials has gone nuts. If you can even find someone that actually has it, I’d expect to pay upper $50s to low $60s and even that might be difficult.

I’d absolutely work with an AP boutique on the 15450 silver dial. This should be attainable within a year or so if you’re patient and invest the time in building a relationship and getting the boutique to understand this is a watch you desire for your personal collection. There is zero chance personally I’d take the risk and pay the premium on this model. But if you’re keeping it long term and you’re impatient I always say go for it!

Sounds very reasonable, thanks! I'm going to give Bal Harbour boutique a call tomorrow to see what we can do, seems like from what I read they are a friendly bunch.
Old 3 December 2021, 05:05 AM   #12
Zazzles
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the feedback all.
I put my name in for a 26315ST, 15450ST white dial, and 43mm ROOC.
How has availability of the 43mm offshore chronos been? I asked for any Titanium model since I'll be planning to give it some 'harder' use at the track.
Old 4 December 2021, 05:47 AM   #13
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Make sure you get to try on the 26315ST before committing. I was gung-ho for this reference based on photos and specs, and I had a chance to buy one at retail a year ago, but I was underwhelmed when I tried it on and passed.

Definitely wears small, which surprised me because APs are supposed to wear big. That crooked, off-center date window ain't great either, IMHO.

Yes, there's a ton of hype (and crazy secondary-market price increases) for this model nowadays because it's unavailable, but judging it based just on design, it didn't do it for me.
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 07:40 AM   #14
Zazzles
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Make sure you get to try on the 26315ST before committing. I was gung-ho for this reference based on photos and specs, and I had a chance to buy one at retail a year ago, but I was underwhelmed when I tried it on and passed.

Definitely wears small, which surprised me because APs are supposed to wear big. That crooked, off-center date window ain't great either, IMHO.

Yes, there's a ton of hype (and crazy secondary-market price increases) for this model nowadays because it's unavailable, but judging it based just on design, it didn't do it for me.
I can't believe how much the price exploded on it! From what my salesman told me, it's not likely to happen for me... I'm hoping I'll get a 43mm offshore chrono to get a relationship started, then a 15450ST, and hopefully by the time I've snagged those two, maybe AP will offer an updated royal oak chrono with the updated 4401 movement w/ flyback chrono in a steel royal oak flesh (maybe in 39mm?). A fella can dream, anyways!

Interesting to hear that you were underwhelmed though! I personally love the way my 116500LN ceramic Daytona fits my wrists. I prefer it to 40 and 41mm ceramic submariner, so I do tend to like a slightly smaller all steel watch. The Offshores are an exception for my size preference since they look 'correct' large.
Old 4 December 2021, 09:17 AM   #15
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=Zazzles;1184779... and hopefully by the time I've snagged those two, maybe AP will offer an updated royal oak chrono with the updated 4401 movement w/ flyback chrono in a steel royal oak flesh (maybe in 39mm?).
[/QUOTE]

The movement as is barely fits into the 41mm case (see the location of the date window on the 26239); not going to happen in 39mm.

But 4401 in a steel case was announced/mentioned at the April 21 event, so just a matter of time.
Old 5 December 2021, 04:24 AM   #16
herbie911
"TRF" Member

I got a small wrist and was altering this model. I expressed my interest more than a year ago and the last email I got from my local boutique doesn't sounds very promising. Looks like my big 50 will be a car rather than a watch.
herbie911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 08:42 AM   #17
mykii
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Interesting to hear that you were underwhelmed though! I personally love the way my 116500LN ceramic Daytona fits my wrists. I prefer it to 40 and 41mm ceramic submariner, so I do tend to like a slightly smaller all steel watch. The Offshores are an exception for my size preference since they look 'correct' large.
For what its worth I also tend to like slightly smaller steel watches (38-41) and the 38mm ROC knocked me off my feet, to the point I sold 2/3 of my Rollie to fund the AP 26315 38mm blue panda. No regrets - my favorite watch and the fit has a lot to do with it.
Old 9 December 2021, 02:13 AM   #18
ca2021
"TRF" Member

I have a relationship with my local boutique. I am looking to get one as well but have been debating between the gray and the panda. From what I have been told both have become difficult though they saw more of the panda come in this year vs the gray. I was told that panda may be slightly easier to get an allocation for in 2022.
ca2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 01:01 PM   #19
HansGruber
"TRF" Member

I got this watch earlier this year and it was my first AP. I absolutely love it. I have decent sized wrists, but was looking for something a little more understated and this does the trick.

I had a strong hookup at a boutique (a few friends with significant purchase history) but was told they only get 1-2 pieces a year, and I'd likely have to buy my wife a millenary to even have a chance.

A month or so later I pulled the trigger on a grey market pre-owned model for $36.5K. A month after that I got the call from the boutique that they had one for me (even the SA was surprised it went through). I sold the grey for what I paid for it.. Now wishing i would have held as its gone up to ridiculous territory.

FWIW I also think it will likely be discontinued soon - new chrono movement won't fit in this case and for some reason AP sees it as a women's watch. I dont have huge wrists and had to add a link for it to fit.
HansGruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 02:55 PM   #20
ca2021
"TRF" Member

I ended up requesting the blue panda and received the call earlier this week. They also had a ruthenium marketing piece available to try, I decided to pass on the blue panda and requested the ruthenium. I was told that there were more blue panda's in the AP system than ruthenium during 2021 and therefore the allocations for the blue panda were easier. They won't know for 2022 until Q1.

As an aside, the grey dealer that I occasionally buy from mentioned that most of the demand for the blue panda is out of Asia and not much is transacting at the crazy number that are being quoted by grey dealers. His take was that the real grey market difference between the blue panda and ruthenium is ~$5k.
ca2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2021, 10:55 PM   #21
mykii
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca2021 View Post
I ended up requesting the blue panda and received the call earlier this week. They also had a ruthenium marketing piece available to try, I decided to pass on the blue panda and requested the ruthenium. I was told that there were more blue panda's in the AP system than ruthenium during 2021 and therefore the allocations for the blue panda were easier. They won't know for 2022 until Q1.

As an aside, the grey dealer that I occasionally buy from mentioned that most of the demand for the blue panda is out of Asia and not much is transacting at the crazy number that are being quoted by grey dealers. His take was that the real grey market difference between the blue panda and ruthenium is ~$5k.
Seems weird you've posted this twice and is literally against every data pt I have received (from multiple boutiques at different ends of the USA). I've also seen the Panda transact a lot more than a $5k premium over the ruthenium, repeatedly, too. I wouldn't have paid attention had I not been tracking the astronomical climb in this piece.

I do think the transactable value is lower than peak grey listings, probably, but this info still doesn't gel.
Old 1 January 2022, 12:00 AM   #22
gauwow
"TRF" Member

So true story. I got it as a first time buyer from the AP boutique. Put my name
Down and got it in 8 months. Next level service in Japan.

Last edited by gauwow; 1 January 2022 at 12:01 AM.. Reason: Error
gauwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 12:02 AM   #23
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauwow View Post
So true story. I got it as a first time buyer from the AP boutique. Put my name
Down and got it in 8 months. Next level service in Japan.
Ive been waiting 3 years haha I cant even get 1 watch
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 12:13 AM   #24
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
I passed on the grey and blue panda in a March. At this price point I wanted an open case back, in-house movement and centered date.
Well in 2022 model update all this will be in place. 4401 will be in the 41mm and 38mm steel models. It is already in some of the RG 41mm.
So I have asked for it again.
AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2022, 12:47 AM   #25
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV View Post
I passed on the grey and blue panda in a March. At this price point I wanted an open case back, in-house movement and centered date.
Well in 2022 model update all this will be in place. 4401 will be in the 41mm and 38mm steel models. It is already in some of the RG 41mm.
So I have asked for it again.
Too thick for 38mm case
Old 3 January 2022, 01:00 PM   #26
peb35
"TRF" Member

Hi,
I originally wanted to get the 26331ST, but I discovered recently there is a 38mm one (the 26315ST), I didn't know about.

To me, the 26331ST looks a bit too large, especially on small wrist.

I read here the 38mm is looking too thick?
It's a pity, actually it was also my first impression when I tried the 15500ST, the cases seemed a bit too thick ! Then I tried the 15202ST and it was just "perfect" in term of thickness and dial size. No wonder why everyone dream on it.

About the other subject, I started to go to AP House 2 years ago, just to see what they had, and I was offered after 2 months a 26405CE but I didn't wanted.
At that time, I said I would like a 26331ST.
In May 2021, I been there again and tried a the RO Offshore Diver, I said I like it too.
They called me a month ago and said the Diver with blue dial is available, I bought it !

I am also waiting for the new RO 34mm (mix steel & rose gold) for my wife, actually they had it for me last year but I was not ready to buy it, so I told them to wait 2022 for this one (my wife will be 40 this year), and I know I will get it !

I don't have many nice watches, mostly Seiko (and Grand Seiko), IWC Portuguese black, Panerai 721, Longines Legend Diver ND...
Just love watches and going step by step to higher end models such as AP !
My current dream watch is the VC Overseas (perpetual calendar) ultra-thin in rose gold, what a piece !!
peb35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 02:54 AM   #27
mykii
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG1121 View Post
Too thick for 38mm case
Agreed. I think the current 38mm is close to chrono perfection as far as proportions are concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peb35 View Post
Hi,
I originally wanted to get the 26331ST, but I discovered recently there is a 38mm one (the 26315ST), I didn't know about.

To me, the 26331ST looks a bit too large, especially on small wrist.

Current owner, and it wears slimmer than you'd think with the case design. Slides under a cuff easily. It has become my favorite watch to wear over the past yr.
Old 4 January 2022, 09:35 AM   #28
RyanO
"TRF" Member

Watch: LVc
I hope you can secure an allocation, it’s a sublime chrono.

RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2022, 10:05 AM   #29
Zazzles
"TRF" Member

^^ Killing me! Hope I can get one. I'm ready to drop some coin at the boutique to build up my profile. Going to give my SA a call tomorrow to see if we can put together a tentative plan.
Old 4 January 2022, 10:22 AM   #30
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peb35 View Post
Hi,
26315 is 11mm, Daytona and PP 5980 are 12.2mm, Speedy is 13+mm, VC overseas chrono is 13.7mm (!!). Not going to have much luck with chronographs if the 26315 is too thick - maybe an Octo Finissimo, if the style appeals.