The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 May 2022, 01:41 AM   #1
Kirk19
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT II BLNR
Visited a boutique

Hello everyone

In my quest to obtain a royal oak 37mm in steel I Visited a boutique recently on holiday. Since my country has no AD’s anymore this is the only option I am left with…

Very warm welcome, chatted about watches. SA asked a couple of questions about my interests in Ap and why I choose this model as my next watch. In the end they let me fill in a card asking my name and address to create a ‘profile’ of what I am interested in. On this paper they even asked what my interests / hobbies were… is this a good sign or a bad one?

I know chances of me getting a 37mm royal oak in steel as my first piece will be very slim to say the least but I just had to try… Rolex collection is complete so I want to move up ��.

What would be the general recommendation here for follow up to this visit? Was the profile thing a good sign of just a friendly way of saying: we hear you but nothing here for you at the moment…

Thanks

Regards
Kirk19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2022, 03:06 AM   #2
Xtreme123
Banned

Not apply for things you know are impossible and buy something that isn’t
Xtreme123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2022, 08:09 AM   #3
dawalsh
"TRF" Member

You signed that paper to create your profile and to share your contact info with them. They take info. thing seriously lately and now that SA is your primary contact. I remember that thing ask if you like golf/art/fashion or something, right? Your SA’d scan that in the system. I’d say that‘s their regular things to do nowadays. 37mm 15450 was my first purchase as a walk in. I’d say you have a good chance. If you are open about which color that will help a lot. Did a salesperson give you his or her phone number so you can text them? Text or email once a month or 6 weeks. Doesn’t have to always be about that watches. Good luck man.
dawalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2022, 11:23 AM   #4
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Unless they sat down and filled out an online profile in their system with you, a call for an allocation is unlikely. The card is just a contact file. Stopping by every once in a while and establishing a good relationship with the SA is your best bet. At some point, if the relationship is good, the SA will start a profile for you in their system on an Ipad and that is a good sign. Getting an RO as your first piece is not out of the question. Don't believe those that say a Code purchase is a must. It all comes down to the relationship you establish with the SA.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2022, 03:11 PM   #5
Kirk19
"TRF" Member

Re

Thanks for all the info and tips. Really appreciate it.
I also believe it should be possible to get a RO as a first purchase but I guess it all comes down to relationship with the SA and how they like you. With Rolex it was more easier to obtain difficult to get pieces for me since I already was a client there before all the craziness happened in the watch world.

The paper I filled out asked if I liked golf, art or other things. It was to create a profile in their system. The biggest issue I am having now is that this boutique is a 2h flight away from me… my area has zero boutiques which is kind of strange since we have a large collectors scene…

Thanks again for the input!
Old 19 May 2022, 12:46 AM   #6
bestbestquality
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk19 View Post
I also believe it should be possible to get a RO as a first purchase but I guess it all comes down to relationship with the SA and how they like you. With Rolex it was more easier to obtain difficult to get pieces for me since I already was a client there before all the craziness happened in the watch world.

The paper I filled out asked if I liked golf, art or other things. It was to create a profile in their system. The biggest issue I am having now is that this boutique is a 2h flight away from me… my area has zero boutiques which is kind of strange since we have a large collectors scene…

I randomly stopped by this weekend. Had no intention to, but had some time to waste. After introductions, the first question was whether I was local. The SA then took out a laptop, took my driver's license, and started to ask questions. He was honest with me. He made it clear getting a 39 or 41 RO 50th is impossible for now. Told me to list 5 watches, make them as specific as possible, and stop by frequently. Gave me his card and said email/text whenever. It seems they take the "local" part seriously.
bestbestquality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2022, 01:07 AM   #7
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestbestquality View Post
I randomly stopped by this weekend. Had no intention to, but had some time to waste. After introductions, the first question was whether I was local. The SA then took out a laptop, took my driver's license, and started to ask questions. He was honest with me. He made it clear getting a 39 or 41 RO 50th is impossible for now. Told me to list 5 watches, make them as specific as possible, and stop by frequently. Gave me his card and said email/text whenever. It seems they take the "local" part seriously.
Of course.... have you not noticed most of the people for instance who are posting 50th watches happen to be local to NYC?
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2022, 01:24 AM   #8
bestbestquality
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
Of course.... have you not noticed most of the people for instance who are posting 50th watches happen to be local to NYC?
I don't get it. What do you mean?
bestbestquality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2022, 01:27 AM   #9
dawalsh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk19 View Post

Text or Email your SA monthly. It might take awhile for them to get back to you. My SA showed me her phone and she got at least 50 unread message. Her job is to answer those on her downtime. My boutique is 4h flight. She got me 3 watches (ROC 38mm being the latest) already, it’s worth it. She told me this year AP wanted to sell to new customers too. Don’t expect to get super hyped model of course, but 37mm or 38mm chronograph is not impossible. If you really like the watch taking 2 minutes/month to text somebody is not too much.
dawalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2022, 06:03 PM   #10
aldyrifqi
"TRF" Member

my first watch is 15450 silver, 2 months after my wife got 15451. then 4 months after I got my 26315 :) nothing impossible you just need to find your right soulmate (SA).
aldyrifqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2022, 06:24 PM   #11
mattidk
"TRF" Member

i still wait for 37mm since 2021, seems like my chance is even slimmer each year.
mattidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2022, 06:50 AM   #12
nicewatchbox
2024 Pledge Member

Is your card look like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nicewatchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2022, 03:00 PM   #13
Kirk19
"TRF" Member

That was the card yes…
Old 20 May 2022, 09:54 PM   #14
Olipreme
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15510ST
Good luck Kirk! I am also on my quest to obtain my first AP! Visited an AP house and went through the exact same registration procedures! I am planning to do monthly emails and hopefully monthly visits to ensure he remembers me lol!
Olipreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2022, 11:37 PM   #15
Kirk19
"TRF" Member

Good luck to you too, let’s hope we both get what we desire.
I wish I was born a little earlier before all this craziness happened… I just like watches to wear and admire as a piece of art.

Good luck! 👍
Old 21 May 2022, 12:21 AM   #16
Olipreme
"TRF" Member

Yeah totally, bit too late to the party aren't we... Building relationship with boutique is the only way, all the best mate!

Which dial colour do you prefer the most? For me, I have registered my interest on 26715ST and 15500ST in white/silver dial!
Old 21 May 2022, 11:21 PM   #17
Kirk19
"TRF" Member

I registered interest in a silver dial 15550st. Smal wrist :-)
Old 23 May 2022, 09:57 PM   #18
Olipreme
"TRF" Member

15550ST is a very nice size indeed. Personally, I have a 7'' wrist, so 37mm would be a bit too small for me :(

Baby blue dial on the 15550 is stunning btw!