The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 May 2022, 12:35 PM   #1
mile2424
"TRF" Member

Rolex fan looking to get into AP…

Always been a fan of AP for last 10 years or so. Fell in love with the 15305 and then the new 15407. Been admiring or dreaming from a far. Last few years I have got a few Rolex from my AD. I’m located in the Bay Area and wanted to ask the best way to start a relationship with AP? Boutique? I don’t think we have any AD’s in the area since everything is moving towards the Boutique stores. I know the market is crazy so probably not the best timing. Would love a 41mm 15500 or something to start. Not sure how possible that it is or what I would even be offered first to climb up the ladder. I don’t mind waiting for a few years. Just trying to understand the best way to start engaging and see what watches are even potential options for a first time buyer.
mile2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2022, 01:04 PM   #2
just1time
"TRF" Member

Book an appointment with the Boutique, talk to a SA and start a relationship. Except the worst but hope for the best.
just1time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2022, 01:39 PM   #3
mile2424
"TRF" Member

Will definitely do that when I am in an area that has one. Wasn’t sure if there was anyway to start the relationship before visiting that area.
Old 18 May 2022, 04:53 PM   #4
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

You can just try and reach out via phone to the nearest boutique, can’t hurt. That’s how I started. Introduce yourself and express interest and it would help if you weren’t asking for the most hyped pieces like a 16202 to start.

Check out the ROC lines. They are not the hardest to get but definitely under rated. I think AP makes the most beautiful chrono hands down. Photos just don’t do AP watches justice more so than other brands because it doesn’t capture the exquisite finishing. This is the outgoing model but this video comes close to capturing what it looks like in person.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbh7Il02BCM
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2022, 08:39 PM   #5
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
I would avoid phone calls these days given the hype, my SA says they literally get thousands of phone calls and emails a day. Best book appointment and meet in person to chat and express your interest.

A 15500 will be very hard as a first watch nowadays and I reckon would be at least 2 years+ realistically, but sure, I suppose anything can happen.
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2022, 11:20 PM   #6
Sleepy996
"TRF" Member

What are your thoughts on the Code 11.59 ?
Old 19 May 2022, 01:24 AM   #7
cvz
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex/IWC/VC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mile2424 View Post
I’m located in the Bay Area and wanted to ask the best way to start a relationship with AP? Boutique?
I was in the Beverly Hills boutique last week and the SA said they get A LOT of people from the SF/Bay Area. It seems a little ridiculous to hop on a plane just to go watch shopping… but I would make an appointment at either the BH or South Coast boutique and fly to either LAX or SNA… South Coast/SNA probably more convenient.

Good news is both Rodeo Dr and South Coast Plaza have most of the high end watch brands so you can browse them all while you’re in town.

It’s all about the relationship and the fact that the boutiques get visits from Bay Area folks puts those in-person visits ahead so to speak.

Good luck!
cvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2022, 02:10 AM   #8
mile2424
"TRF" Member

thanks guys for the feedback. All makes sense. I sent an email for now to introduce myself and will try to book an appt. next time I am down in the area.
Old 19 May 2022, 03:44 AM   #9
m3tek44
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: this
Like everyone said, make appointment to BH or South Coast Boutique. Assuming you're flying to Burbank/Orange County you should able to get cheap flight w/Southwest. Wish you best of luck and do keep us posted.
m3tek44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2022, 10:04 AM   #10
mile2424
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys. I spoke with an advisor in response to my email and I will make an appt. to go visit soon. Appreciate the feedback and help.
Old 19 May 2022, 10:52 AM   #11
BigGoldWatch
"TRF" Member

Any point going to both BH and South Coast?
BigGoldWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2022, 11:10 AM   #12
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGoldWatch View Post
Any point going to both BH and South Coast?
Maybe while one is trying to find a SA to work with, but once you assemble a wishlist/plan, AP seems to prefer working with a single point of contact. All the boutiques (at least those that are corporate owned) share the same CRM and can see your wishlist, profile etc. There are no independent waitlists, where being on multiple lists would increase one's chance]s.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote