The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 6 April 2016, 04:29 PM   #31
PJ S
Banned

Hmm….HG is just a retailer – the watch should’ve been sent to http://www.masterwatchmaking.com.au/ – who are credited with being AP’s SC in Australia, and are literally just down the road from them.
I find it odd that an accredited/trained SC was unable to sort your watch out and resorted to informing the AD that it might be better off going to Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, although that pin on the map is different from Australia’s, which may signify something.

A slight further thought on the design of the pusher connection – which is purely conjecture – but there’s a chance the threads visible have been stripped at some point (assuming they weren’t at the time of assembly).
That may explain the looseness experienced and why the bolt managed to come undone and allow the spring tension to eject the ceramic pusher and surrounding RG piece.
If so, then it suggests someone being a bit heavy-handed when re-assembling – assuming the factory uses adjustable torque screwdrivers – which could mean a whole new mid-case is required.
That’d be the quickest remedy, but they may just spend the time needed to remove the retainer and fit a new one.

I’m slightly puzzled as to why you’ve a bill for $500, when it was sent in whilst still within warranty, especially since it was then subsequently shipped off to Singapore for a part/parts to be replaced?
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2016, 05:34 PM   #32
grnman
"TRF" Member

Watch: watch what?
PJ S - You are absolutely spot on. The Hour Glass is the only AP retailer here in Melbourne. I did not buy the watch off them but went in with my issue. They said everything AP they send to Master Watch Making in Sydney. I only had 2 weeks of warranty left and they said they have to charge me AUD$500 to ship it to Master Watch Makers with armed guards.

I cannot answer why MWM Sydney nor Singapore did not fix the issue but all I can do is prove it with the paperwork of the warranty and a video of my chrono function still not being up to scratch after the watch being off my wrist form early June to the 25th November.
grnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2016, 05:39 PM   #33
grnman
"TRF" Member

PJ S - I have submitted the form direct to AP you linked to me explaining my two after sales issues within warranty. Also asked for their guidance as to the next step to take.
Old 6 April 2016, 06:04 PM   #34
Johnnie Peh
"TRF" Member

Watch: 44 SS 44 RG.
David. Sad to hear that. Hope you have your watch back soon in good health
Johnnie Peh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2016, 06:37 PM   #35
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnman View Post
PJ S - Thanks for your kind assistance.
No problem.
PM sent – hope it proves useful.
Old 7 April 2016, 09:27 AM   #36
eal15
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet 15

Thanks,
Everett
AP 15710 Diver
Sent from my iPhone
eal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2016, 09:29 AM   #37
eal15
"TRF" Member

I too sent s pm but I think your in good hands now. So sorry for your issues. I had five different Panerai's over the years. Two of them the 311 and I had to send both in multiple times for movement issues. It was do frustrating! One of the last problems was my monochrono pusher fell off. I was lucky enough to find it and it was fixed under warranty. I'm purchasing another Panerai soon. It'll be a 351. I've owned one before and it was a tank. A nice uncomplicated movement!

Thanks,
Everett
AP 15710 Diver
Sent from my iPhone
Old 7 April 2016, 10:00 AM   #38
grnman
"TRF" Member

Good to know a button pop off and a movement issue were both fixed.
Old 7 April 2016, 11:25 AM   #39
eal15
"TRF" Member

Frustrating but yes, eventually fixed.

Thanks,
Everett
AP 15710 Diver
Sent from my iPhone
Old 9 April 2016, 12:32 PM   #40
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
Honestly at first glance, it just didnt look like AP finishing or quality, the gold looked yellowing not rose and kind of looked like a replica. I understand the photos werent great, lighting and angles play a huge role

Everything looks legit however was def taken apart, it doesnt look assembled to the same standard as when it comes from the factory

I'm going to forward this link to Xavier CEO NA AP and see what he recommends ok?

Will let you know what I hear back and hopefull get a remedy for you
Martin
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2016, 10:16 PM   #41
PJ S
Banned

Did you skip reading post #35?
Old 9 April 2016, 11:35 PM   #42
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

If you have it documented that this complaint wasn't addressed before then i can't imagine they wouldn't fix it. A for the previous poster i don't know how you can fault ap for a 3rd party botching your ap
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2016, 07:15 AM   #43
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
Did you skip reading post #35?

Do you know where that form goes to? So if I'm offering him direct contact to CEO of ap I should not offer to help?

Didn't know I had to consult with you first
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2016, 10:35 AM   #44
PJ S
Banned

Post 35, not 28!
Its subtlety is due to the info provided being for private use, not public consumption.
Old 10 April 2016, 10:14 PM   #45
grnman
"TRF" Member

Martin - not a problem. your help would be appreciated. No offence at all taken about the photos. I am more than happy to take photos of my username and watch, along with the days news paper if it helps with authenticity.

obviously I cannot provide viable evidence the watch was not sent to a 3rd party between November and present, however commonsence should lay fact I would not bother with a watch that tis under warranty. Im sure the serial number I've photo'd within any world wide service department would reflect its movements.
Old 21 April 2016, 05:01 PM   #46
grnman
"TRF" Member

Just to keep you all updated in case this thread may help others in the future.

PJ S - As mentioned I have submitted the form direct to AP you linked to me explaining my two after sales issues within warranty. To this day I have not heard anything back (maybe my email was to long to submit via the submission form to give them the benefit of doubt).

I am now currently exploring other options who are sorry to hear of my misfortunes and are more than happy to help out.
Old 21 April 2016, 07:59 PM   #47
IS250C
"TRF" Member

Quote:

PJ S - As mentioned I have submitted the form direct to AP you linked to me explaining my two after sales issues within warranty. To this day I have not heard anything back (maybe my email was to long to submit via the submission form to give them the benefit of doubt).

I am now currently exploring other options who are sorry to hear of my misfortunes and are more than happy to help out.
I have submitted email by that webpage to AP but never get any response till now.
IS250C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2016, 09:48 PM   #48
grnman
"TRF" Member

IS250C - Oh wow what was the total duration of your enquiry? I think im at approximately 2 weeks.
Old 21 April 2016, 10:00 PM   #49
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Why don't you try calling AP in Clearwater US, and see if they can point you in the right direction? Talk to Lindsay or anybody there. I am sure they will help in whichever way they can.
Old 21 April 2016, 10:09 PM   #50
IS250C
"TRF" Member

Quote:
IS250C - Oh wow what was the total duration of your enquiry? I think im at approximately 2 weeks.
It's been at least 2 months with 1 reminder after 1 month.
IS250C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2016, 11:46 PM   #51
PJ S
Banned

Quote:

The form was only ever a temporary measure to get the ball rolling whilst I found a more direct approach.
Seems like the onilne comms team (person?) are swamped, hence the delay in sorting through all the enquiries.

Good to hear Al is on the case and bringing it to the attention of the relevant party for your region, just like he said he would when I spoke with him.
Old 22 April 2016, 10:46 AM   #52
grnman
"TRF" Member

IS250C - I wonder how that would work if over that 2 month wait your watch dropped out of warranty?