The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 1 May 2010, 05:36 AM   #61
JBat
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16610, DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSETHOUNDS View Post
I presume you refer to John's post ? Me too , not sure what to post in reply to that .
If anything ... forget about the cat . And my sincerest sympathies John . I could not even cope with a nightmare about loosing my son , let alone living it .
Tristan, Sam was my cat. For someone to post "forget about the cat" in response to another grieving the loss of a beloved pet is beyond my ability to grasp. Seriously. People who love animals become very attached to them and what results is a symbiotic relationship that is based only on unconditional love; no malice, no pretense or any of the other typical BS that accompanies many human relationships. Both pet and human benefit greatly from that relationship.

I don't care what went down with David and the other members here. I barely followed it. What is real right now is that the guy is hurting. Have some compassion.
JBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2010, 05:44 AM   #62
JBat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by figbo View Post
I think John was talking about his cat,if not,I'll stand corrected!
That's right, Raf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
I'm very sorry to hear John.
Thanks, Jocke.

I don't David was faking Sammie's passing. I didn't even know it was him posting under a different user name. What I do know from his previous history here is that he is a big cat lover, and he just lost a close friend. I know many don't understand that or want to marginalize it, but trust me, the pain is very real and the sadness can be overwhelming.
Old 1 May 2010, 05:48 AM   #63
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Watch: 116520/660/710/334
Icon9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBat View Post
Tristan, Sam was my cat. For someone to post "forget about the cat" in response to another grieving the loss of a beloved pet is beyond my ability to grasp. Seriously. People who love animals become very attached to them and what results is a symbiotic relationship that is based only on unconditional love; no malice, no pretense or any of the other typical BS that accompanies many human relationships. Both pet and human benefit greatly from that relationship.

I don't care what went down with David and the other members here. I barely followed it. What is real right now is that the guy is hurting. Have some compassion.
John , at the contrary . I misread your post and somehow thought you were referring to your "Boy Sam" as your boy as son . Hence the "forget the cat " as the loss of a young son would never be comparable .If you have read the whole tread you will have seen an earlier post of me in which I express condolences for his ( Franks AKA David ) loss .

My mistake , sorry !
BASSETHOUNDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2010, 05:49 AM   #64
JBat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSETHOUNDS View Post
John , at the contrary . I misread your post and somehow thought you were referring to your "Boy Sam" as your boy as son . Hence the "forget the cat " as the loss of a young son would never be comparable .If you have read the whole tread you will have seen an earlier post of me in which I express condolences for his ( Franks AKA David ) loss .

My mistake , sorry !
No problem, Tristan, I can see how it would read that way.
Old 1 May 2010, 05:55 AM   #65
STEELINOX
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX-less atm...
Nope, David, aka, "Safetrends" did lose his Sammie to another world, but they'll be together again someday. I wonder why David, though still a member in good standing AFAIK, wont follow up his thread here, is it that he is indeed "banned" now under "Safetrends" too??

*Positive Waves Baby*
Lug Hole Loyalist / Chamfer Line Inspector
INFORTHE WIN
STEELINOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2010, 07:02 AM   #66
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffi Abernathy View Post
For you and your beloved Sammie . . .

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Faith, I've either got to stop reading this poem or you've got to stop posting it, I start to cry every single time; thinking about my special friends that gave me so much love and hapiness and I'll see again!
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2010, 06:34 AM   #67
Safetrends
Banned

Watch: my hand. :)
Thanks everyone for you support in Sammie passing. I am grateful to be given a second chance on TRF.
Safetrends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2010, 06:39 AM   #68
Taffi Abernathy
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ, SS DJ
Boy did I miss seeing that boney face! Hi David!
Old 2 May 2010, 06:54 AM   #69
Brunotheboxer
Banned

Watch: 16610,PAM. 111, G
The fact that you love animals the way you do means that in my book you good people.
Brunotheboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2010, 02:18 PM   #70
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
David, I'm sorry for your loss. Pets really do become part of the family. I know in due time it will be easier to cope with the loss and then move on!!!

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2010, 05:23 PM   #71
erwin
-

Watch: SD
Sorry about your cat! Don't worry, another one will come along.....just leave your trash out the front door!
Old 3 May 2010, 02:22 AM   #72
rainman_16
"TRF" Member

Watch: Al Jazeera English
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Having lost our Lucky more than 3 years ago yet I can still vividly recall how painful the experience was for my wife and I. Time does heal the wound but we never forgot how much she meant to us.

Sammie was lucky to have someone who cared for her and loved her as much as you did. I'm sure she'll always be with you in spirit.
rainman_16 is offline   Reply With Quote