The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 4 October 2017, 12:05 AM   #31
jem7v
Banned

My philosophy is if in pictures the watch lugs extend past your wrist on both the bottom and top at the same time, it's too big for you.

Typically people where it's boarder line, it extends past on just one side. Then the people where it fits right, it doesn't extend at all.

I'd suggest you stick with the 41mm size watches. For instance, even the 39mm you have it extending out a bit, but mostly due to the fact it isn't on the bottom. So 39mm is a good size for you. 41mm is probably the biggest you should go.
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 08:55 AM   #32
tng11
"TRF" Member

Short strap on... This thing is giant af and a real attention grabber. Trying to get used to the heft... I don't think this will be an office watch, but one for the weekends.

tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2017, 09:00 AM   #33
AJM914
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕
Congrats looks great!
Old 4 October 2017, 03:42 PM   #34
ezinhk
"TRF" Member

Congrats! I almost bought this before Ti came out. It’s a bit heavier and appears slightly larger due to the white dial. Enjoy ��
ezinhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 11:22 AM   #35
TommyT53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your back
Sorry but it's way to big for your wrist, I mean the lugs hang way over. Don't listen to those who are afraid to hurt your feelings.
TommyT53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 11:38 AM   #36
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Beautiful watch, but I also feel it's a tad big. My wrist is 6.5 and seems to just make the cut.

As long as you like it though...;)
s14roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 04:36 PM   #37
Golf&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116719
A nice watch, very borderline as to whether it fits. The full length mirror shot usually gives a better idea.
Golf&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 01:44 AM   #38
Superburrito
"TRF" Member

Watch: 26420RO
That is a stunning watch. What is your wrist size? My wrist is on the smaller size but these 44mms are really calling me.
Superburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 02:57 AM   #39
nick c
Banned

Congrats!
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 03:08 AM   #40
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superburrito View Post
That is a stunning watch. What is your wrist size? My wrist is on the smaller size but these 44mms are really calling me.
Only 6.5".

I have the XS strap installed on both hands, and I wear it on the last hole for a more secure and tight fit. It is actually relatively comfortable for a watch of such size and heft.

I will admit that it is a overwhelmingly large piece on wrists my size, but that's part of the look that comes with it. It definitely will be a weekend-only piece when I want to be a bit flashy. Otherwise, I have my 15202 and 5167 (complete opposites in size and thinness.)
Old 6 October 2017, 03:42 AM   #41
Superburrito
"TRF" Member

Watch: 26420RO
Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
Otherwise, I have my 15202 and 5167 (complete opposites in size and thinness.)
Thanks. Funny, because I want the 44mm and my 2 current watches are the 15202 and 5167.
Superburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 04:19 AM   #42
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Only 6.5".

I have the XS strap installed on both hands, and I wear it on the last hole for a more secure and tight fit. It is actually relatively comfortable for a watch of such size and heft.

I will admit that it is a overwhelmingly large piece on wrists my size, but that's part of the look that comes with it. It definitely will be a weekend-only piece when I want to be a bit flashy. Otherwise, I have my 15202 and 5167 (complete opposites in size and thinness.)
Slightly large yes. But you are XS on both sides? That is ridiculously small. Even my watch with only one side (non buckle) using the XS, I wear it on the tightest hole and it really shows me how small my wrist is.

This is just goofy on you. This is the reason I sold my king power. It was just way too big for my wrist. Maybe if my wrist was 7"+. I went months trying to convince myself it looked proper, but once the novelty wears off, you are going to sell it.

If you can get your money back I would, now while you have the chance.
Old 6 October 2017, 04:19 AM   #43
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Ok to be honest it does look way too big, not only because your wrists are 6,5, many here have 44's and 6,5 wrists, but because like me, ok I have 7, but you have thin forearms, very thin, that's what makes it look huge IMO, mine are thin but not so thin, that's why I decided to stay at 42mm and not go for a 44, of course if you correctly measured, not 100% sure you measured well, at 7 I am on the hole before the last on the regular strap, and I wear my watches very tight, if you are on the last on the XS, seems to me you are at less than 6,5, of course a mirror shot would be better, close up shots always tend to make the watch look much bigger, but I really have the impression this watch is way too big for you, no offense but when I saw the pics I was a little surprised to say the least, it just looks disproportionately huge on you, like the previous poster said it looks goofy
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 05:19 AM   #44
tng11
"TRF" Member

Oh well. I bought it at a price that was quite a bit less than the entire market was selling it at, even out of warranty ones were going for more when this is a 2017 LNIB with boutique warranty. Even a TS made a cash offer that was higher than the price I paid for it (only con is having to send it to the US.) No harm, no foul.
Old 6 October 2017, 05:25 AM   #45
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Oh well. I bought it at a price that was quite a bit less than the entire market was selling it at, even out of warranty ones were going for more when this is a 2017 LNIB with boutique warranty. Even a TS made a cash offer that was higher than the price I paid for it (only con is having to send it to the US.) No harm, no foul.
Flip it. Make money on it then.
Old 6 October 2017, 05:27 AM   #46
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
if i were you i would trust AP. They make a strap that fits your wrist so they must want you to wear it.

Im pretty sure a Breitling emergency II will fit me the same way your 44mm ROO fits you. Im still getting it at some point when i move back to the states and spend more time in the backcountry.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 06:09 AM   #47
tcheeco
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
If you like how it suits you, don’t care what the other people are saying. It’s big, it’s small, who cares? You like it? Wear it ;-)
Congrats buddy, you have a beautiful watch
tcheeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 11:12 AM   #48
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Bluebeamers close on wrist shots looked just as bad as yours but his mirror shot showed it was fine in reality. I suspect yours is similar so wear and enjoy the bad boy!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=561170&page=3
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 11:21 AM   #49
ezinhk
"TRF" Member

Go on weight gainer + lift heavy for 3 months. Then you can come back and tell us to f*** off...haha. End of day, is just a watch, no hard feelings. Enjoy what you have!
ezinhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 11:30 AM   #50
tng11
"TRF" Member

I actually do welcome all of the criticism. I bought this watch and started this thread eyes wide open that the whole idea of wearing one of these is kinda crazy. I'm still leaning heavily towards the camp that I've gone mad and that this was a terrible purchase.

I'm going to give it a weekend or two more and re-evaluate then.
Old 6 October 2017, 12:07 PM   #51
Star Ferry
Banned

Other people will be generally be too far away to notice the lug overhang. The only person who will consistently see it from wrist-shot distance is you, so I think the decision should depend on your personal opinion

It may be worth measuring your wrist again. mine is 17 cm and no way I could use the last hole on the XS strap. I'm 3 holes away from that.

One more thing, I think it helps when the forearm (at its widest) is bigger than the watch. The only reason I can barely pull off a big watch is thick forearms
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 01:22 PM   #52
rodo
"TRF" Member

congrats! Is this Josh's watch?
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 05:15 PM   #53
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post

It may be worth measuring your wrist again. mine is 17 cm and no way I could use the last hole on the XS strap. I'm 3 holes away from that.

One more thing, I think it helps when the forearm (at its widest) is bigger than the watch. The only reason I can barely pull off a big watch is thick forearms
I agree totally, now I am at 7, but took some weight, lost a few, a little more to go, normally I am at 6,7-6,8, 17-17,2cm, and even then am on the hole before last on the regular strap, if OP is 3 holes on the XS no way he has 6,5 IMO.

And yes forearm thickness is also very important, another member here visually seems to have much bigger wrists than me, but we have the exact same size, his bracelet watches and mine fit fine on each other but because of thin forearms, you visually think my wrists are much smaller than his, with the watches I have it's ok, when I tried a 44 it looked ok on the wrist, but looking at the arm in the mirror was not the best fit and look, and not going to start working out to have bigger forearms just to wear bigger watches
Old 6 October 2017, 05:31 PM   #54
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
And yes forearm thickness is also very important, another member here visually seems to have much bigger wrists than me, but we have the exact same size, his bracelet watches and mine fit fine on each other but because of thin forearms, you visually think my wrists are much smaller than his, with the watches I have it's ok, when I tried a 44 it looked ok on the wrist, but looking at the arm in the mirror was not the best fit and look, and not going to start working out to have bigger forearms just to wear bigger watches
Don't work out for the wrist shots. Work out to scare off the Parisian muggers and thugs
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 08:16 PM   #55
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
Don't work out for the wrist shots. Work out to scare off the Parisian muggers and thugs
don't worry, last guy I had a fight with got knocked out cold, even if he hit me first 2 times, after the first blow he was already on the receiving end and KO
Old 6 October 2017, 08:59 PM   #56
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 11:50 PM   #57
london_v
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
I've lost my mind... Incoming

Congrats on the beautiful piece mate! However I must be honest and say it wears too big for your wrist...unless the intention is to draw attention to your arm.

For your wrist size, I’d suggest 36-39” is the sweet spot (imo, of course).

Either way, wear in good health!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
london_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2017, 12:00 AM   #58
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
I actually do welcome all of the criticism. I bought this watch and started this thread eyes wide open that the whole idea of wearing one of these is kinda crazy. I'm still leaning heavily towards the camp that I've gone mad and that this was a terrible purchase.

I'm going to give it a weekend or two more and re-evaluate then.
Its an awesome watch and pricing on it is not going to move much so stick with it for a bit longer than a weekend or two as there really is no downside. It is a very comfortable watch and while it looks big in wrist shots, most people on the street will not look twice.

Had mine for 3 years now and no regrets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2812.jpg (178.6 KB, 201 views)
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2017, 12:25 AM   #59
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Its an awesome watch and pricing on it is not going to move much so stick with it for a bit longer than a weekend or two as there really is no downside. It is a very comfortable watch and while it looks big in wrist shots, most people on the street will not look twice.

Had mine for 3 years now and no regrets.
but your lugs don't extend past your wrist on both sides even with your close up shot.
Old 7 October 2017, 12:39 AM   #60
tng11
"TRF" Member

Ugh, maybe it's because I'm already feeling a little bit sick, but I wore it on the walking commute to work today and I was getting a pretty sharp headache. I get into the office, I still feel like crap, but once the watch is off, the headache subsides a bit. Just took it back out for a coffee break and the headache came back. I know correlation is not causation, but there's definitely some link with the watch and my headache today.

Going to swallow my pride on this one (what little I had to begin with) and admit I've made a mistake. At the very least, it closes the nagging question I've had for the last 4 years if I could do the 44s - the answer is very clearly "NO".

I may as well focus on getting a 5712/1A... where I know I'll be much happier (and headache free, that is until something goes wrong and it stays with Patek for like 8 months )