The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 22 March 2024, 09:05 PM   #1
Carusoracer
"TRF" Member

Service estimates SMP 300 2531.80?

Hello,

New to the forum and new to me, a vintage SMP 300 reference #2531.80
Question: What would the typical repair estimate be for the watch?
Caliber: 1120 6,000,000 serial number 60000000’s?! 2001 date per warranty card.

The watch runs +6 seconds per minute fast, until about 12 hours later it starts running 16 seconds per minute faster and runs out of power reserve in 33 hours.

Great lune on the hands, indices, clear crystal, wave dial nice patin , and good blue bezel. The scalloped moving outer bezel has a couple marks at various points, while the bracelet is clean, normal stretch, most of the desk dives marks etc have been polished lightly all over the entire piece at one point in it’s life.

Would like to have the bracelet replaced, along with the bezel and most importantly a new main spring installed, oiled, overall maintenance of the running gear.

Any thoughts and relative service period, price, returned to me from Omega USA? I’m here the US.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Carusoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2024, 08:10 PM   #2
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Welcome to the Forum.

Omega gets $700 for Complete Service. Here's the link to the page on Omega's site for details about what is included:

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/c...mplete-service

Of course, there are alternatives. One good alternative is Nesbit's Fine Watch Service in Seattle, an Omega-authorized service center. I always send my Omega watches there, and I no longer send my watches to Omega. Nesbit's have always sent my watches back in perfect mechanical and cosmetic condition, every single time; every watch I have had serviced by Omega has had to go back immediately for some sort of correction (QC problems), every single time. Prices at Nesbit's are equal to those at Omega.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2024, 12:03 AM   #3
Carusoracer
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the reply!
Carusoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2024, 02:34 AM   #4
stevestil
"TRF" Member

I haven’t had to send my Omega in for service yet, hopefully won’t have to for a while, but when that time comes I will send it to Nesbits.

I haven’t seen any positive feedback from anyone who has sent their watch directly to Omega. Even in the warranty period, I would probably still not send it to Omega directly. Don’t want to deal with sending it back 3+ times before they get it right which seems to be a common occurrence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stevestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2024, 04:16 AM   #5
Slammintone
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
My former Omega AD still services my 2531.80 but the last two times he got replacement winding crown threaded tubes that were too short and that wore out quickly to the point that now it hasn’t any exposed threads to screw the crown down with. He says he’s getting these parts through Omega but they’re not Omega quality. The watch still runs fantastic. It keeps to -2 sec per month or better! Im hopeful their watchmaker can get the actual parts for the crown and the gas escape valve that are as they were originally.
Slammintone is offline   Reply With Quote