The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > The Meeting Point

Old 24 July 2018, 01:50 AM   #1
wesdaniel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
San Diego - New Rolex Boutique

Have any San Diego people noticed that a new Rolex boutique is getting ready to open at Fashion Valley?

It's right across from the Omega boutique - literally staring it in the face.

I wonder if this means that Royal Maui will be losing their AD status? I was in there this weekend and their stock of Rolex was about 1/2 - 2/3 of what it used to be and all of their pre-owned Rolex were gone.

Does anybody know anything?
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2018, 01:55 AM   #2
GerardoG
Banned

Watch: ALL of them
...maybe joint venture? Most Rolex boutiques are co-owned. This from http://www.simon.com/mall/fashion-va...-maui-jewelers

Royal Maui Jewelers
STORE DESCRIPTION:
For over 10 years Royal Maui Jewelers has been the fine jewelry authority when it comes to service and selection at the Fashion Valley Mall. As the Fashion Valley Mall continues its fine living/luxury revival; Royal Maui Jewelers has taken cue as it prepares to expand into a new and redesigned 2700 sq ft. retail space. Having commissioned famed Hawaiian Interior Designer Sanford Hasegawa the new and improved Royal Maui Jewelers retail space will boast not only the high style and design of curved solid wood and glass display cases, but also San Diego’s first in-store Rolex Boutique. Buyers need now look no further when shopping for the latest and most exclusive styles of Rolex watches and while the boutique offers both watch service and repairs, it is also boasts the luxurious service of a certified watch maker on location. Royal Maui Jewelers prides itself on hosting a diverse inventory of fine jewelry for every customer with brands ranging from Carrera Y Carrera, Charles Krypell, Christopher Designs and many more. Royal Maui Jewelers is also proud to announce the exclusive rights to distribute the coveted Breitling watch brand in San Diego.
GerardoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2018, 07:05 AM   #3
pinmeuphere
"TRF" Member

I was in there a few weeks ago and asked how the boutique opening will affect their business. The gentleman said not at all, they will maintain their AD status. He said they're the Rolex service center in the area and that the new boutique will use them as a service center as well, how true this is I have no idea but this is what he said.

My question is will it be possible to get some of the new high demand pieces at the new boutique. With all this talk about purchase history and AD relationships, how does that apply when a boutique just opens its doors?
pinmeuphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2018, 07:11 AM   #4
wesdaniel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinmeuphere View Post
I was in there a few weeks ago and asked how the boutique opening will affect their business. The gentleman said not at all, they will maintain their AD status. He said they're the Rolex service center in the area and that the new boutique will use them as a service center as well, how true this is I have no idea but this is what he said.

My question is will it be possible to get some of the new high demand pieces at the new boutique. With all this talk about purchase history and AD relationships, how does that apply when a boutique just opens its doors?
Yeah, I asked them this weekend and got the same answer. But, I also thought it was really unusual how little stock they had as compared to what they had a month or so ago when they were in there.

He did mention the RSC comment to me which kind of surprised me. I didn't know that Rolex had service centers within individual AD's? He also said something else strange - he said that if a watch had "ever been touched" outside of Rolex, they wouldn't work on it. Not even Rolex is that particular.

If I had to guess, I'd think that, at least at the beginning, the new boutique will have some harder-to-find pieces - there has to be a draw to get people in there and buying. At least that's how I would think.
Old 24 July 2018, 07:38 AM   #5
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: collections change
A “boutique” is simply a large AD that sells Rolex exclusively. It is not owned by Rolex.

16803. 214270. 18038. 114300. BB58. GMW-B5000D.
Snow-Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2018, 09:16 AM   #6
wesdaniel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardoG View Post
...maybe joint venture? Most Rolex boutiques are co-owned. This from http://www.simon.com/mall/fashion-va...-maui-jewelers

Royal Maui Jewelers
STORE DESCRIPTION:
For over 10 years Royal Maui Jewelers has been the fine jewelry authority when it comes to service and selection at the Fashion Valley Mall. As the Fashion Valley Mall continues its fine living/luxury revival; Royal Maui Jewelers has taken cue as it prepares to expand into a new and redesigned 2700 sq ft. retail space. Having commissioned famed Hawaiian Interior Designer Sanford Hasegawa the new and improved Royal Maui Jewelers retail space will boast not only the high style and design of curved solid wood and glass display cases, but also San Diego’s first in-store Rolex Boutique. Buyers need now look no further when shopping for the latest and most exclusive styles of Rolex watches and while the boutique offers both watch service and repairs, it is also boasts the luxurious service of a certified watch maker on location. Royal Maui Jewelers prides itself on hosting a diverse inventory of fine jewelry for every customer with brands ranging from Carrera Y Carrera, Charles Krypell, Christopher Designs and many more. Royal Maui Jewelers is also proud to announce the exclusive rights to distribute the coveted Breitling watch brand in San Diego.
The name of the company that owns the new boutique slips my mind, but, it's not Royal Maui-affiliated.

I wonder what's in the AD agreements - it seems like having a second AD in the same mall wouldn't be okay.

On a similar note, Panerai just pulled AD status from Tourneau in this shopping center. When I asked Tourneau about it, they said that Panerai has CJ Charles up in La Jolla. But, that's a heck of a long way away.

I'd almost bet that Panerai will end up at Royal Maui and the new boutique will be the only Rolex distributor in the mall.
Old 26 July 2018, 12:26 AM   #7
Ragnarok
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3714 Portugieser
The right question should be " when will they open?!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2018, 07:48 PM   #8
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesdaniel View Post
The name of the company that owns the new boutique slips my mind, but, it's not Royal Maui-affiliated.
The boutique coming is from Fourtane. One of the largest and most respected ADs in the US having the original location in Carmel by the Sea, CA.

I think Royal Maui will lose Rolex..makes no sense for them trying to compete with Fourtane there..might as well focus on their North County Fair location.

With their comments regarding RSC...That is some salesman half bs for sure...they don't even have a fully Rolex certified tech there and I know they send their watches to my watchmaker in San Diego for anything beyond a regulation. (Who is cw21 and actually had a parts account with Rolex)
sensui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2018, 01:02 AM   #9
arinsd
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Fellow San Diegan here.

I’m going to swing by fashion valley today to pick up a new belt. I didn’t know a Rolex boutique was opening there. Pretty excited...
arinsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2018, 07:57 AM   #10
Zoomerang
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
The boutique coming is from Fourtane. One of the largest and most respected ADs in the US having the original location in Carmel by the Sea, CA.

I think Royal Maui will lose Rolex..makes no sense for them trying to compete with Fourtane there..might as well focus on their North County Fair location.

With their comments regarding RSC...That is some salesman half bs for sure...they don't even have a fully Rolex certified tech there and I know they send their watches to my watchmaker in San Diego for anything beyond a regulation. (Who is cw21 and actually had a parts account with Rolex)
I no longer see RM as AD in Rolex' website. They still show BB and RM Escondido.

When will the boutique open?
Zoomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2018, 03:37 PM   #11
btinl
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: on my wrist
Quote:

I wonder if this new boutique will also carry vintage Rolex.
btinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2018, 03:13 PM   #12
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Just seeing this for the first time...

YES... It is a NEW Fourtane's store in conjunction with Rolex. Met the Manager a few months back when we were at the Monterey Car Show. I'm working on getting more information on their Grand Opening and helping to get TRF Members on the Guest List!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2018, 04:39 PM   #13
Kyle13
"TRF" Member

It’s funny. I actually applied to work at this new location. Unfortunately all the positions filled up, and my wife said no because I would probably come home everyday with a new watch! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kyle13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2018, 02:52 AM   #14
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

I spoke to the new Manager yesterday and the safes are being delivered Today! The cases will be in next week or so.

It has taken longer than they expected to do the buildout and they are planning for a Soft Opening the beginning of December, get through the busy Holiday season and have a Grand Opening in January 2019!

Royal Maui will continue to carry Rolex until they open.

Hopefully I'll get more information and be able to post the opening in advance so TRF Member who are interested in attending can plan to be there.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Old 23 November 2018, 11:10 AM   #15
Car
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
I spoke to the new Manager yesterday and the safes are being delivered Today! The cases will be in next week or so.

It has taken longer than they expected to do the buildout and they are planning for a Soft Opening the beginning of December, get through the busy Holiday season and have a Grand Opening in January 2019!

Royal Maui will continue to carry Rolex until they open.

Hopefully I'll get more information and be able to post the opening in advance so TRF Member who are interested in attending can plan to be there.
Cool! I was wondering when the store would open, especially since the construction wall says "Fall 2018," and we're well into winter.
Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 12:34 AM   #16
Ragnarok
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3714 Portugieser
So is soft opening for solely invited guests?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2018, 06:34 AM   #17
zman
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Any official word from Fourtane yet? Flyers or web ads?
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2018, 06:39 AM   #18
STEELINOX
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX-less atm...
Meh, its "just for show."

I did buy a SUB date from ROYAL Maui some time ago and even got a discount!
That'll never happen ever again...

If you want to buy ROLEX, ya just contact "Justrolexes" and you are good to go ~ !

*Positive Waves Baby*
Lug Hole Loyalist / Chamfer Line Inspector
INFORTHE WIN
STEELINOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2018, 08:20 AM   #19
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Icon20 San Diego - New Rolex Boutique

Fourtane's Rolex Boutique
Fashion Valley Mall ~ San Diego, CA

OPENING 10:00 AM On DECEMBER 8th 2018!

This will be their "Soft Opening" to the public as they prepare for busy Holiday traffic.
They will have an "Official Grand Opening" in Early 2019!

As of now they do not have any official press releases or information from Rolex on the opening for the public.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 565220982.jpg (45.6 KB, 443 views)

Old 3 December 2018, 09:13 AM   #20
patrickjb
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570, 126600
I’m in San Diego every other week for work now, going to have to pop in and check this out! Hope they have some inventory!
patrickjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2018, 06:23 PM   #21
ragnk
"TRF" Member

This is a good news
ragnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 04:47 AM   #22
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Opening was nice. Good selection of Rolex watches and lots of customers.

I'll go back when there are less people...

Old 9 December 2018, 04:57 AM   #23
BBL
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD-YG/DJ/Breitling
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
Opening was nice. Good selection of Rolex watches and lots of customers.

I'll go back when there are less people...
Hi Larry... SS Oyster (Mark) was there, too. Probably a few others from TRF?

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=644180

BBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 12:25 PM   #24
Danny83
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Whoa ... tell Audrey I said sup
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 06:53 AM   #25
patrickjb
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570, 126600
Going to try and pop in tomorrow on my way to the office from the airport - hoping they still have some inventory left!
patrickjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2023, 11:05 AM   #26
SolanaWatches
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I know they send their watches to my watchmaker in San Diego for anything beyond a regulation. (Who is cw21 and actually had a parts account with Rolex)
Do you mind me asking who that watchmaker is? Always looking for referrals for good watchmakers.
SolanaWatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2023, 05:36 AM   #27
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IconicWatches View Post
Do you mind me asking who that watchmaker is? Always looking for referrals for good watchmakers.
It'd be Tom Doan @ D's Time Service down in Jewelry District in downtown San Diego.
sensui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2023, 05:37 AM   #28
SolanaWatches
2024 Pledge Member

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 September 2023, 09:54 AM   #29
AndVegas
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Day-Date 18238
+1 Tom Doan at D's Time Service is the man to see for timepiece service!
AndVegas is offline   Reply With Quote