The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 October 2018, 07:00 AM   #1
ragsk
Banned

Ladies Complications: 4947R ?

I want to buy my wife a watch for her birthday. I have looked at AP and rejected their ladies models. Same with Rolex.

Been thinking about Patek. I have zero interest in a quartz watch and don't want to get her any of their sports models either.

What do people think of this reference. I have recently looked at a very similar watch (the 4948) and really liked it.

What are people opinions on this? All advice appreciated.
ragsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2018, 10:21 AM   #2
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
My wife didnt like it as much, we were just at the patek AD the other day. My wife is likely going to add a lad’s pilot to our list.

But Have you looked at the new 24’s. The gold with white dial is amazing in person
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2018, 08:21 AM   #3
ragsk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
My wife didnt like it as much, we were just at the patek AD the other day. My wife is likely going to add a lad’s pilot to our list.

But Have you looked at the new 24’s. The gold with white dial is amazing in person
Not a fan of the 24s but will look again. Arent they all quartz though - a big no no for me at this kind of money.
Old 29 October 2018, 09:23 AM   #4
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Ladies Complications: 4947R ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragsk View Post
Not a fan of the 24s but will look again. Arent they all quartz though - a big no no for me at this kind of money.

No, there is a new 24 auto. But I didn't think any AD's would see them until next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2018, 10:31 AM   #5
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
No, there is a new 24 auto. But I didn't think any AD's would see them until next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
In some AD’s now. We saw 4 on display last week in Boston. NYC does not have them yet. I dont know about uk.
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2018, 02:29 PM   #6
neogump
"TRF" Member

my wife select between new twenty4 and 4947r too, as we visited boutique last weekend, sales person said there is short wait list for 4947r about half year waiting. And wait time for 7300 is 2 months, in terms of volume he said for 4947r 7 -8 pieces per year , he somehow know for 7300 about 100 pieces to be allocated, which i didnt expect to hear. He suggest if consider value then go for 4947r, otherwise just go for what she really love. I decide to wait until sihh 2019 to wait for new release. Im in Beijing by the way. Hope it helps.
neogump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2018, 06:53 AM   #7
ragsk
Banned

Thanks everyone.

Just had a look at the new 24's and they look similar to a Rolex Pearlmaster to me. So im not sure and will have to see one in the flesh
Old 30 October 2018, 06:57 AM   #8
ragsk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogump View Post
my wife select between new twenty4 and 4947r too, as we visited boutique last weekend, sales person said there is short wait list for 4947r about half year waiting. And wait time for 7300 is 2 months, in terms of volume he said for 4947r 7 -8 pieces per year , he somehow know for 7300 about 100 pieces to be allocated, which i didnt expect to hear. He suggest if consider value then go for 4947r, otherwise just go for what she really love. I decide to wait until sihh 2019 to wait for new release. Im in Beijing by the way. Hope it helps.
My wife's birthday isnt till August next year but given some wait lists nowadays I thought I had better start looking / planning. I may wait to SIHH 2019 before I firm up any decision.

I still like the 4947 (and even the 4948) as my top choice for now. Unfortunately it looks like all Ladies watches retain little value so I guess I need to ignore that aspect.
Old 30 October 2018, 07:06 AM   #9
R!$
Banned

Let her decide
R!$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2018, 07:36 PM   #10
ragsk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R!$ View Post
Let her decide
Logical but nope. Our entire married lives we have bought each other presents as surprises. Maybe not the most rational way but certainly one that we like. Come birthday, anniversary time etc there is always a surprise in store and to me there is a lot of amenity value in opening a present box and not knowing whats inside. It not always expensive either - can be just a sweater!

Taking her with me or getting her opinion makes it just "shopping".
Old 31 October 2018, 12:31 AM   #11
neogump
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My wife's birthday isnt till August next year but given some wait lists nowadays I thought I had better start looking / planning. I may wait to SIHH 2019 before I firm up any decision.

I still like the 4947 (and even the 4948) as my top choice for now. Unfortunately it looks like all Ladies watches retain little value so I guess I need to ignore that aspect.
Agree in this case wait may be better idea, Beijing boutique had 4948g in stock for quite a while and I saw same piece several months earlier, it is not as hot as 4947 here, imo to pay premium for more small diamond and different dial is not wise unless it is preferred. If money is not a concern to pick 7140r is better than 4948, of course it is quite subjective choice. i saw 7300 in person, 4947 is bigger in size and more sporty, after tried it on, it is not her style so we decided not go for it. 7300 is quite new honestly no one can predict its value(but too many pieces is not good sign imo), and I agree with you that lady watch in general doesn't retain well, but you can think pp does better than other brand in most cases. :)
neogump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2019, 04:29 AM   #12
ragsk
Banned

I went with the 4947 in the end. Gorgeous watch and its arriving in a couple of months.

Its a total surprise for the wife - I really hope she likes it!
Old 17 February 2019, 06:58 AM   #13
Sonzy
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP/Breguet/IWC/Rlx
Quote:
I went with the 4947 in the end. Gorgeous watch and its arriving in a couple of months.

Its a total surprise for the wife - I really hope she likes it!
Definitely she will like it, it’s a lovely watch. Congrats

Please post some pics
Rolex: GMT Master II Batman.
Sonzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2019, 06:42 PM   #14
ragsk
Banned

I will as soon as I get it. Thank you
Old 17 February 2019, 07:25 PM   #15
ragsk
Banned

Shucks. Now I am having second thoughts.........can still change my order.

What are peoples thoughts on the ladies Nautilus Automatic - 7118/1200R ?