The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 February 2019, 05:39 AM   #31
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith350 View Post
"Fashionable bashing" ? Come on man..you will get no recognition for blindly defending Rolex , the glass was visibly crooked and dial marked,they fobbed me off the first time as said marks on dials where normal and scratched the case while they where at it. I have had better service buying cheap Armani "fashion" watches years ago than this , I recently bought a breitling and Tudor and had no problems at all.
Was your dial a sunburst dial? I actually started a thread about this if it was and for some reason its locked now. I have had my BRAND NEW watch dial replaced numerous times because of the issues below on 2 references. The AD did claim initially it was within tolerable specs but then RSC agreed that these dials where scratched and replaced them no issues. Similar to your experience though when they opened up the case there was tiny specs of dust left in there so had to be sent for a 2nd time.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...nconsistencies

No idea why it got locked but above is the link to it with many pictures of issues I've had with some of my dials as well.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 05:55 AM   #32
dtwer
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by outtatime View Post
Why does he “need” to do those things?
I don't think some detailed pics are too much to ask when OP is appealing to the court of public opinion to cast doubt on Rolex's reputation and credibility.
dtwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 06:16 AM   #33
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Nice FedEx box!!!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 06:36 AM   #34
R G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterskinner View Post
This is odd; why would a new watch need a fresh glass and dial? And I can’t make a lot of sense of the tale about the screws.....the whole account is very different to the service I experienced. And why did Rolex refuse to change the dial? It’s one of those situations where I’d like to hear what Rolex makes of it all.
In general, the fashionable ‘bashing’ of Rolex service seems over-the-top. Unlike many watch companies , they offer a comprehensive service set-up and, to me, give the impression of real professionalism.
Obviously, not everyone agrees. But tell me, which rival company does it better?
Like a few others have asked, I’m also eager to hear of the model in question and to see a photo.

However, these are mass produced watches. Some people are going to have the misfortune of buying a watch with a fault!

Just like if you bought a BMW or Mercedes; generally speaking you’re buying in to a car brand that is quality and you’ll be looked after whilst it’s in its warranty.

Still, these manufacturers roll out lemons!

I agree with the OP - you’re not going to get any sort of kudos for defending Rolex service centres just because you have had great experiences.

Fashionable bashing?! Just observe the fact that everyone has different experiences.

With ref to your final question- which company does it better? Not that they are rivals by any means, but Patek are a world apart -sales through to service.
R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 06:36 AM   #35
R G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
Was your dial a sunburst dial? I actually started a thread about this if it was and for some reason its locked now. I have had my BRAND NEW watch dial replaced numerous times because of the issues below on 2 references. The AD did claim initially it was within tolerable specs but then RSC agreed that these dials where scratched and replaced them no issues. Similar to your experience though when they opened up the case there was tiny specs of dust left in there so had to be sent for a 2nd time.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...nconsistencies

No idea why it got locked but above is the link to it with many pictures of issues I've had with some of my dials as well.
Could it be that you were fashionably bashing Rolex?

R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 06:40 AM   #36
Dr Watches
Banned

I’ve seen and heard a decent amount of rsc horror stories, and I know a watchmaker who worked at the PA school and trained a bunch of people at Dallas (so I know what happens behind the curtain). The OP’s story is totally believable, but it’s equally likely that he’s just on here stirring up nonsense. Some pictures would easily say which he is.
Dr Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 06:45 AM   #37
scoot4nat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montremoi View Post
I'm at loss for words. Wow. How nice of you to blame the victim.

“Victim” haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scoot4nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 07:15 AM   #38
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

This is odd. Only had incredible service at RSC on high-value vintage.
Old 22 February 2019, 07:37 AM   #39
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

I expected some knockback , this is the Rolex forum after all where we celebrate our love for them. But to suggest I would be making it up shows just how unbelievably bad the service was, which for some may be a hard pill to swallow.

You have seen the correspondence I posted as screenshots to purposley show exactly what was said rather than typing it up and some assuming I was paraphrasing, seeing photos of the watch and knowing the refrence does not add anything to that really but as I said at the start I will put together some before and after pics and post them. But I suspect this will be met with the usual brigade of die hards who think we should be gratefull the second hand moves on our luxury watches. This is about the service more than the damage itself so if your looking to dismiss this by disregarding the faults on the watch as acceptable please move on.
agentsmith350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 07:39 AM   #40
rgwarden
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124270
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwer View Post
I don't think some detailed pics are too much to ask when OP is appealing to the court of public opinion to cast doubt on Rolex's reputation and credibility.

Agree

rgwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 07:48 AM   #41
rgwarden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I expected some knockback , this is the Rolex forum after all where we celebrate our love for them. But to suggest I would be making it up shows just how unbelievably bad the service was, which for some may be a hard pill to swallow.

You have seen the correspondence I posted as screenshots to purposley show exactly what was said rather than typing it up and some assuming I was paraphrasing, seeing photos of the watch and knowing the refrence does not add anything to that really but as I said at the start I will put together some before and after pics and post them. But I suspect this will be met with the usual brigade of die hards who think we should be gratefull the second hand moves on our luxury watches. This is about the service more than the damage itself so if your looking to dismiss this by disregarding the faults on the watch as acceptable please move on.

You open a thread criticising RSC and ask us to share your frustration and you show your back and forth correspondence with RSC defending their actions, but you can’t tell us the reference or show us the poor service in question, and you buy a new Rolex that needs sending straight back it’s faults are so obvious. But you won’t name the watch or show us pics?

This thread is weird. You just expect us to all say ‘that sounds terrible. Bad RSC’ when plenty of us have had decent service from them. I don’t get it.

Old 22 February 2019, 07:48 AM   #42
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
There's been plenty of other threads people come on complaining like this one. Only to find out later its somebody's OCD kicking in.Some are justified and some are not. So from reading the responses it seems there's a fair amount that are trying to see if that's the case here. So................Pictures or it didn't happen.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 07:54 AM   #43
rgwarden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
if your looking to dismiss this by disregarding the faults on the watch as acceptable please move on.

Specifically OP
‘What faults on the watch?’ you’ve shown neither faults nor watch.
How are we supposed to judge the shoddy workmanship you’ve outlined?

Old 22 February 2019, 07:56 AM   #44
TopDog2315
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610/16570/16220
Let’s see some pics, very curious to see what happened!

TopDog2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 08:06 AM   #45
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
There's been plenty of other threads people come on complaining like this one. Only to find out later its somebody's OCD kicking in.Some are justified and some are not. So from reading the responses it seems there's a fair amount that are trying to see if that's the case here. So................Pictures or it didn't happen.
Or what didnt happen ? Them pretty much lying to me about the screws being left unaltered which I have shown photos of the conversations...

Or the scratch that was left on the case ?, How about the hair on the dial ? I would hardly say this is OCD.

We both know that to show some of these things needs zoomed photos to show on camera, and we know how offended people get at those, it just opens the gate for those desperate to keep Rolex on that pedestal ...

Ive said straight away that I will get a couple before and after photos of the watch itself , despite this being about the service and not the problems with the watch. And still I get people posting 3 times in a few hours saying I have not answered there demands for photos in what I imagine is an attempt to cover the actual point of the post.
Old 22 February 2019, 08:27 AM   #46
GMT Aviator
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Wow, I’m sorry to hear this.

Now I’m a frequent visitor to RSC UK, in fact I was there yesterday to collect my 116710 LN which was repaired under warranty when it mysteriously just started running slow and then stopped altogether. I don’t know why because it had been +0.7s/day right up until the fault developed.....anyway, I digress....
I’ve had issue with RSC once out of 6 watches I’ve put through them in the last 3 years, and in general I have to say they do their very best put things right. Your experience certainly doesn’t reflect mine. Their workmanship has always been top drawer first class from my experience, and where they have made errors, they’ve always put them right.
I also think they sometimes have to manage customer expectations. That’s not an excuse for shoddy workmanship either, but some owners put their watch under an electron microscope and expect miracles that aren’t achievable.
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 08:48 AM   #47
Pauln
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
I’m looking forward to the pics as it’s hard for me to follow what exactly the issue is with the watch screws. I’m curious why you didn’t return the first watch to the AD. Why you accepted the faults from the AD and sent it to RSC? I guess that question goes for the second watch too. If it had a faulty clasp, why didn’t you return it? I’ve heard the UK has some very consumer-friendly laws when it comes to returning purchases that are not quite right. If I bought a bad watch from an AD, I would have gone over the second one closely before walking out the door. I’m just curious. You seem to have very bad luck with watch purchases.
Pauln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 08:52 AM   #48
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauln View Post
I’m looking forward to the pics as it’s hard for me to follow what exactly the issue is with the watch screws. I’m curious why you didn’t return the first watch to the AD. Why you accepted the faults from the AD and sent it to RSC? I guess that question goes for the second watch too. If it had a faulty clasp, why didn’t you return it? I’ve heard the UK has some very consumer-friendly laws when it comes to returning purchases that are not quite right. If I bought a bad watch from an AD, I would have gone over the second one closely before walking out the door. I’m just curious. You seem to have very bad luck with watch purchases.
All down to the waitlist games they play , I waited a long time to get the call first time around so had i returned it straight away it would have been back to the list and 3-4 hour trips to an AD for something that started as an easy enough alteration. I did end up returning the first one as said when things had just gone too far with it. In hindsight perhaps i would have been better off going back in the que, which in itself sounds ridiculous for someone just trying to buy a watch !
Old 22 February 2019, 09:29 AM   #49
77T

You have been asked by a moderator to post pictures corroborating your claims as well as explain some parts of this set of incidents with the UK RSC’s.

You have repeatedly come back here over past 9 hours, after claiming there are pictures forthcoming.

Thus far, no pictures and no answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 09:40 AM   #50
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
You have been asked by a moderator to post pictures corroborating your claims as well as explain some parts of this set of incidents with the UK RSC’s.

You have repeatedly come back here over past 9 hours, after claiming there are pictures forthcoming.

Thus far, no pictures and no answers.

Actually I have explained a little more , not that I have to. And Ive posted pictures to support my "claims" , what do you think those screenshots are in post #1 ? I say again, this is about the service not a debate on what flaws are acceptable.
Old 22 February 2019, 09:42 AM   #51
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Explain the glass was visibly crooked and have asked for pictures and what reference watch.
Cyclops/crystal was crooked , Explain why the reference of the watch matters ?
Old 22 February 2019, 09:57 AM   #52
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:

We don't know you, you have 100 posts in 6 years so naturally we are going to be sceptical as you are bad-mouthing someone who cannot argue back, so you should not expect us all to automatically side with you, so pics and whatever else will help us come to our own conclusions, trying to force us or second guess us makes your argument far weaker. Same goes for any newbies with neg stories.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 10:01 AM   #53
77T

Rolex Service ( UK ) Absolute disgrace

Quote:
Actually I have explained a little more , not that I have to. And Ive posted pictures to support my "claims" , what do you think those screenshots are in post #1 ? I say again, this is about the service not a debate on what flaws are acceptable.

Those are not the pictures and you know it. In fact 10 hours ago you claimed to be putting together before and after pictures.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
Any pics of the damage and/or errant link pins?

I'm putting some before and after together , but at the moment all screws sit recessed and there are slight slots visible which are where the screw slot is from the factory polishing, not visible if the same screw is kept matched to the link if that makes sense. Made worse by the fact I've basically been lied to about my request to leave them as they where received ( in new condition )

It's not so much that specific problem , but the whole service has been abysmal and they are unwilling to hold there hands up , but rather keep spouting how excellent there service is and how well they do things while continuing to do the opposite in their actions

Your claims of bad work do need some corroboration for others to believe them.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 10:01 AM   #54
toolr
2024 Pledge Member

Why are we looking at a picture of a FedEx box, they mess that up too?
toolr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 10:03 AM   #55
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolr View Post
Why are we looking at a picture of a FedEx box, they mess that up too?
Yes actually , they told me a day when my package for the watch to be sent in would arrive and a few days after the given date that showed up , Would you be happy to throw your watch in there and hand it back to the courier ?
Old 22 February 2019, 10:06 AM   #56
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

Ok , Im having to search back through every photo on my phone to find them but here are some pics , If there is anything specific people "need" to see let me know but here are a few..

First take a look at the extract from the latest catalog :

Actual product ( look at 12 ) , appreciate how hard it is to show something like this on camera white on white :

Here is a photo of the bracelet when it was received back with recessed and protuding links , against how it was originally. Note that they tried to tell me all links where like that so there was no point in replacing them as they would be the same , then when I asked them to check the links they have in stock they changed there mind and answered that the links in stock didnt have these marks because they where finished differently.....:

Old 22 February 2019, 10:11 AM   #57
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

I can upload photos of the hair and scratch that was left tommorow if it really matters , but as you can imagine it was not the easiest thing to pick up on camera.

Again, I dont want the focus to be the photos as this tends to tangent off into specifics and opinions of what is and is not acceptable , the point of this thread is highlighting the overall ordeal.
Old 22 February 2019, 10:17 AM   #58
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

At the end of the day , All I ever wanted was my new watch to be in new condition. And following a simple link change , and as shown in the first post this seems to much to ask for from Rolex.
Old 22 February 2019, 10:27 AM   #59
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
First photo I fail to see anything wrong with it. A bunch of the bracelet screws have been removed (one on the left bottom is all buggered up) and a few on the right side have been put back into the wrong links. If you swapped the high and low screw you would find out they would most likely be back to flush, rookie mistake. So who did the bracelet adjustment? I would assume you or someone at your AD?
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 10:39 AM   #60
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
First photo I fail to see anything wrong with it. A bunch of the bracelet screws have been removed (one on the left bottom is all buggered up) and a few on the right side have been put back into the wrong links. If you swapped the high and low screw you would find out they would most likely be back to flush, rookie mistake. So who did the bracelet adjustment? I would assume you or someone at your AD?
Hey , Have another look at my first post i think thats all answered on there - Rolex did this and they are different screws.