The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 February 2019, 10:52 AM   #61
Dr Watches
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
First photo I fail to see anything wrong with it. A bunch of the bracelet screws have been removed (one on the left bottom is all buggered up) and a few on the right side have been put back into the wrong links. If you swapped the high and low screw you would find out they would most likely be back to flush, rookie mistake. So who did the bracelet adjustment? I would assume you or someone at your AD?
I think the issue is that the lume at 12 o’clock isn’t perfect. The bracelet sucks and I’d be pissed (I’d also adjust my own bracelet because... stuff like this). The lume though, is a bit too much ocd for me.
Dr Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 11:15 AM   #62
Jackumi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LB, 116713LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith350 View Post
Hey , Have another look at my first post i think thats all answered on there - Rolex did this and they are different screws.
Sorry, but I cannot see the issue on the first pic, can you please explain, BTW I have the same watch. As for the bracelet, well there are plenty of threads on here regarding AD's damaging bracelets when making adjustments.
Jackumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 11:34 AM   #63
Irydium
"TRF" Member

I can't see what's wrong with the first pic either, maybe the camera isn't capturing it in the right angle?

Also, curious that the one screw on the bottom left is mangled but the other ones are fine. The screws are matched with the link, as I think they polish the bracelet all assembled so the ends are flush. If you swap the screws to back to the original link it came with they'll be flush again.
Irydium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 12:11 PM   #64
AdamG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5 digit ref
I think the OP has a serious case of OCD
AdamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 12:21 PM   #65
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
I'd be curious your expectation of perfection in a watch. In this price range there still is a reasonable level of imperfection. Actual perfection is 6 digits several times over.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 12:26 PM   #66
Wrist King
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 Sub, 16710 P
Stop sending your watch there you lunatic !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Wrist King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 05:29 PM   #67
rgwarden
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124270
Yeah I think I’ve seen enough here. Or not. First pic I can’t see any issue, even on a macro shot, and second one you reprimand Rolex for putting new screws in wrong holes. RSC would rectify that on the spot at St James’s or heck, you could change them. Unless you were responsible for changing that other screw in the ‘before’ pic (with a claw hammer?) Then perhaps not.
But I’m sorry you feel you had poor service from Rolex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rgwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 05:48 PM   #68
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

See this is why I was resistant to post pics , Its clear some are completely ignoring what I have shown in the first post and just skipping to look at pictures
agentsmith350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 05:51 PM   #69
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwarden View Post
Yeah I think I’ve seen enough here. Or not. First pic I can’t see any issue, even on a macro shot, and second one you reprimand Rolex for putting new screws in wrong holes. RSC would rectify that on the spot at St James’s or heck, you could change them. Unless you were responsible for changing that other screw in the ‘before’ pic (with a claw hammer?) Then perhaps not.
But I’m sorry you feel you had poor service from Rolex.

It is clear you have not read post number 1
Old 22 February 2019, 05:53 PM   #70
agentsmith350
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
I'd be curious your expectation of perfection in a watch. In this price range there still is a reasonable level of imperfection. Actual perfection is 6 digits several times over.
How about not scratching my damn watch ? , How about having the skill to change a link without messing up the screws on the whole thing ? How about no leaving hairs on the dial ? Id say that's not asking for unreasonable levels of "perfection" from a company that's whole marketing is about how they obsess over it !
Old 22 February 2019, 06:10 PM   #71
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
I honestly get that you spent a lot of money and want a perfect watch. Unfortunately, that doesn’t usually happen with Rolex. They are tough and classic, but never perfect. My 116710 had a crooked cyclops. I learned to ignore it. I suggest you get a good quality tool set and change your own links from now on. Assuming Rolex/AD is able to get you the watch in the condition you desire. Good luck.

cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 06:11 PM   #72
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith350 View Post
See this is why I was resistant to post pics , Its clear some are completely ignoring what I have shown in the first post and just skipping to look at pictures
To me it's obvious, the lume is poor and stands out on the triangle. Totally legit to have it changed.

All your efforts to get a flush bracelet and than getting it back from a RSC with one screw pin sitting higher than normal and the others below would also disappoint me.

Can't trust an AD and now not even an official RSC to touch your bracelets anymore. The way they respond is laughable.
Of course it has nothing to do with the functioning of the watch but a Rolex is jewellery and it being a new watch justifies that you are a bit upset.
Imho any high end brand should strive for customer satisfaction,
Rolex clearly missed the boat.

Seems that nothing can be done anymore apart from buying complete new links, better is to get the OCD out of your system and start enjoying the watch. It is a beautiful one.
Old 22 February 2019, 07:56 PM   #73
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
To everyone who is giving the OP a hard time here, I think you all need to reign it in.

A quick search would show you that he''s had ongoing issues for almost a year with what should be a very simple process of buying a new 116613LB Sub.

In summary,

1) The OP purchased the watch back in April 18. It had a crooked cyclops and a scratched 12 o'clock marker.

2) Rolex agreed to replace/fix the crystal and replace the dial (as they should)

3) The RSC fixed the crystal, didn't change the dial and scratched the lug

4) Watch was returned to the RSC and came back with a replacement dial and and a mangled screw and gouged link.

5) The replacement dial had poorly applied lume and a hair on the dial. Rolex advertise that their dials are perfect so the OP has every right to expect a perfect dial. And certainly not one with a hair on it. Additionally the bracelet screws had been mixed up and some where recessed and some were protruding.

At this point, the AD did the right thing, accepted the watch back and the OP purchased another LB

6) The OP noticed that the replacement watch had a faulty clasp. It was returned to the RSC to have the clasp replaced and a link swapped over to the other side.

7) The watch came back from the RSC with a new clasp but misplaced screws.

None of which is acceptable quite frankly.

The only thing I could possibly fault the OP, on the back of the past experience, was asking for the link to be moved when the clasp was replaced, but that should be a very simple task for an RSC to do without mucking it up.

This is hopefully a very isolated case, but that doesn't make it any less unacceptable that an authorised service center of one of the worlds top watch brands cannot perform a simple task properly and correctly.

I'd be more than pissed if I'd experienced service like that.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 08:36 PM   #74
R G
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
To everyone who is giving the OP a hard time here, I think you all need to reign it in.

A quick search would show you that he''s had ongoing issues for almost a year with what should be a very simple process of buying a new 116613LB Sub.

In summary,

1) The OP purchased the watch back in April 18. It had a crooked cyclops and a scratched 12 o'clock marker.

2) Rolex agreed to replace/fix the crystal and replace the dial (as they should)

4) Watch was returned to the RSC and came back with a replacement dial and and a mangled screw and gouged link.

5) The replacement dial had poorly applied lume and a hair on the dial. Rolex advertise that their dials are perfect so the OP has every right to expect a perfect dial. And certainly not one with a hair on it. Additionally the bracelet screws had been mixed up and some where recessed and some were protruding.

At this point, the AD did the right thing, accepted the watch back and the OP purchased another LB

6) The OP noticed that the replacement watch had a faulty clasp. It was returned to the RSC to have the clasp replaced and a link swapped over to the other side.

The only thing I could possibly fault the OP, on the back of the past experience, was asking for the link to be moved when the clasp was replaced, but that should be a very simple task for an RSC to do without mucking it up.

This is hopefully a very isolated case, but that doesn't make it any less unacceptable that an authorised service center of one of the worlds top watch brands cannot perform a simple task properly and correctly.

R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2019, 10:00 PM   #75
SeaDweller50
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M 2 liner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post

In summary,

Agreed Scott. Appalling considering. And thanks for that summary. I was getting confused. Lol.
SeaDweller50 is offline   Reply With Quote