The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 26 December 2021, 02:55 AM   #1
624c
"TRF" Member

Tag problem

Hello Everyone,

I have a Tag Aqua racer, the green automatic. I bought it in Oct 2020. Almost a year to the day, this past October, I unscrewed the crown to wind it. As I started to wind it, it felt like the crown was not gripping the winding mechanism and was just free turning. So I did not wear it for a few days to let the power reserve die. Then I went to wind it and sure enough nothing.

It is covered under warranty and I had it sent back to Tag. As of last week, they still have it and it is listed "waiting for parts" Obviously I get it w/ the pandemic. I am not upset about the wait.

I am up set about the fact that it broke in the first place after only a year, and during that time, I did not abuse it or beat it up. Anyone else experience any thing like this?
624c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2021, 04:46 AM   #2
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
First, sorry you are going through this and I would be pissed too. When issues arise after a purchase they are painful, create logistical headaches / waste time and can ruin the whole experience for why you made the purchase in the first place.

I’ve been on the different forums for years and, rarely, have seen similar issues with all the top brands (PP, AP, Rolex, etc.). At end of the day it’s still a mechanical instrument made by humans and flaws are bound to happen. It’s how the manufacturer and/or AD responds that is important. If they make the effort to resolve the issue with little headache on the consumer, then I will get over it. However, if I get treated like shit after reporting the issue or if they try to blame me, then I get the issue resolved, sell the piece and never by from that brand/AD again and bitch for years to come. That’s how I look at these types of scenarios, but ymmv.
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2021, 05:12 AM   #3
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
I have seen it several times with Tags and non in-house Tudors. It's a common problem with the reversing wheels or the main winding gear in the winding mechanism. They will fix it under warranty. Mainly Stelleta based movements.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2021, 10:03 AM   #4
624c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ2020 View Post
I have seen it several times with Tags and non in-house Tudors. It's a common problem with the reversing wheels or the main winding gear in the winding mechanism. They will fix it under warranty. Mainly Stelleta based movements.
So once fixed, should I hope it to be a one time thing, or expect it to happen again sometime down the road? or is it just random.
624c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2021, 01:42 PM   #5
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

It happens, that’s what warranties are for. I had an Omega throw a hissy, out an back within about a month. Chill.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2021, 06:38 AM   #6
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
It's usually updated. Metal fragments removed, movement cleaned, updated parts installed and lubed. Basically a update along with a complete service. I have not seen a re- failure after a trip to the manufacturer. Plus you usually get the nifty travel pouch.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote