The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 5 June 2021, 02:29 AM   #1
Shelby689
Banned

Made a sale on chrono24. Advice needed

Hello I need advice, I have sold a Rolex on chrome24 two weeks ago.
I have shipped the item, and the item showed delivered via the shipping company tracking number. I contacted the support to inform them for the delivery as well as the buyer. The buyer did not answer or confirm the delivery either.
The support marked the transaction and order as delivered. I was on the phone as well with them and they told me that the payout will be after 7 business days if the buyer doesn’t respond or authorize the payout.
Yesterday he reported an issue and open a “case”. Claiming he did not receive the package. The transaction was placed for “mediation’’
I have provided multiple photos with the package the shipping label etc.
The buyer hasn’t responded yet.
I would really appreciate any advice or similar issue that have had occurred to anyone.
Thank you
Shelby689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2021, 04:04 AM   #2
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
I hope you chose the option requiring a signature for delivery?
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2021, 04:35 AM   #3
Shelby689
Banned

There is a signature but i suppose it's from the mail man.
Old 5 June 2021, 05:04 AM   #4
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

What does support say? I thought Chrono24s system was solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaini3 View Post
I hope you chose the option requiring a signature for delivery?
They don't ask for signatures, especially in these times. They don't bother. :)
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2021, 05:07 AM   #5
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Does the buyer have previous history/feedback?
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2021, 05:21 AM   #6
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
What does support say? I thought Chrono24s system was solid.

They don't ask for signatures, especially in these times. They don't bother. :)
Thats weird. Fed ex always delivers items to me and on the tracking it shows signed for by "name" and they always ask for ID. They type in the name in the device themselves. I understand DHL does it too. I try to always use this option when selling items.
Old 5 June 2021, 05:52 AM   #7
Shelby689
Banned

Chrono24 hasn’t replied yet. I am really confused. I will update once I have their respond.
Old 5 June 2021, 07:21 AM   #8
Shelby689
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2loaded View Post
Does the buyer have previous history/feedback?
On chrono24 order page I can’t see the buyers account or user, only his name and address so I can’t see if he has feedback.
Old 6 June 2021, 04:33 AM   #9
Shelby689
Banned

Any advice?
Old 6 June 2021, 05:25 AM   #10
NiceShirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby689 View Post
Any advice?
Have you tried calling Chrono24? Their phone service is pretty good in my experience. I have sold 9 watches and I had an issue with a buyer once, but Chrono24 resolved it. My watch was delivered to a UPS access point, but being a third party, they never flagged it as "delivered" when they picked it up. The buyer never responded or released payment. Chrono24 reached out to the buyer directly. I don't know if they got in touch, but the payment was eventually released from escrow after 3 weeks.
NiceShirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 12:02 AM   #11
Shelby689
Banned

I called them yesterday but their phone support are closed during the weekend. I will call em tomorrow
Old 7 June 2021, 02:36 AM   #12
swaini3
"TRF" Member

I can say too that their phone support has been good and clear. it is better to email your concerns though. my sales have always been smooth, money in my account before the promised "7 days".... If you have followed the steps/ requirements in their shipping notes, I think you will be on the safe side. Fingers crossed for you. Update us ;)
Old 7 June 2021, 03:36 AM   #13
Shelby689
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaini3 View Post
I can say too that their phone support has been good and clear. it is better to email your concerns though. my sales have always been smooth, money in my account before the promised "7 days".... If you have followed the steps/ requirements in their shipping notes, I think you will be on the safe side. Fingers crossed for you. Update us ;)
Is the 7 days period from the time that the package is delivered or when you upload the tracking showing as delivered. Like the period starts from
When the transaction was marked as delivered or from
The actual date of delivery?
Old 7 June 2021, 12:00 PM   #14
BigTexRlx
"TRF" Member

Good luck! Chrono24 seems great for the buyer but this is concerning for sellers. I would think if the delivery is confirmed you would have payment released.
BigTexRlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2021, 11:42 PM   #15
Shelby689
Banned

Called them earlier today, i offered them to provide photos and a dedicated proof of delivery from the shipping company. I called the shipping company and received a letter on my email that shows the exact recipient address and confirmed delivery. After that i've forwarded the letter (proof of delivery) as well as a photo of the package that shows the shipping label as well.
Called again Chrono24 to confirm they received my docs, so now i am waiting their response.
Old 9 June 2021, 10:50 PM   #16
Shelby689
Banned

''Update'''

after i provided many docs for the confirmed delivery to the correct address. Probably Chrono24 does not cover me, this is insanely unacceptable. i still wait for their response but they told me to find a solution with the buyer, which the buyer is 99% trying to scam me. I am desperate. I don't have the watch or funds either and the watch has been delivered 7 days ago. I have no words to be honest. This is a nightmare, And the amount is over 6k euros
Old 9 June 2021, 11:01 PM   #17
John S
"TRF" Member

The buyer put his money into Chrono24's account (3rd party). How can he scam you?

I sold one watch through chrono24 back in Jan 2020. Luckily, the buyer lived in the area, and I managed to meet him face to face. He checked the watch, and update the status in front of me. I received the money 3 days later.

Despite that, I must said it was a scarly experience for me, especially it was the first time I tried to sell a watch online.
Old 9 June 2021, 11:10 PM   #18
Shelby689
Banned

The buyer lives thousand miles from me, and he is claiming he did not receive the package, and chrono24 does not protect me from what i've seen so far. They only advice me to contact with the buyer which he does not respond and he declined my proposal settlement and he requested full refund.
Old 9 June 2021, 11:18 PM   #19
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S View Post
The buyer put his money into Chrono24's account (3rd party). How can he scam you?

Buyer scam #1 is to claim the package never arrived. #2 is to claim it arrived, but a fake was inside. #3 is to claim it arrived, but nothing inside box but rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2021, 11:23 PM   #20
Shelby689
Banned

Any advice please?
Old 9 June 2021, 11:26 PM   #21
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Made a sale on chrono24. Advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby689 View Post
The buyer lives thousand miles from me, and he is claiming he did not receive the package, and chrono24 does not protect me from what i've seen so far. They only advice me to contact with the buyer which he does not respond and he declined my proposal settlement and he requested full refund.

From your narrative I conclude you are not an experienced seller on Chrono24.

But it appears the buyer is possibly a scammer. Escalate within Chrono24 chain of command.

If both of you are in EU, perhaps begin the legal (as in criminal) process. Filing a report within your jurisdiction and the “buyer’s”.

You’re going to also want a lawyer to begin a civil action. Ask him/her to include Chrono24 as a possible counterparty for failure to disperse.

The T&C’s are clearly in the “buyer’s” favor here so a steep hill to climb.

Good luck in your efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2021, 03:29 AM   #22
swaini3
"TRF" Member

I wouldn't give up on Chrono's support so fast, especially if you've followed their shipping instructions. It's not a good sign that the buyer is not cooperating with you or responding to you. If I was him and keen on receiving the watch (as expected for a new watch purchase), I would be showing some effort atleast by going to the courier's outlet and querying the delivery. How about you visit the courier for more info and advise? Im sure they faced similar issues in the past.
I am currently in the middle of a watch sale via Chrono. The delivery is delayed and the buyer was asking me for updates, turns out that it was held in customs his end because they need to send him papers to sign first. I had to provide the courier with an alternative phone number of the buyer as supposedly "he wasn't responding".
The next day, they got in touch with him , he's happier, and the shipment is moving again.
The point is sometimes both parties have to do some following up.
I know its stressful for you now but try to be calm and hopefully it will be sorted.
Old 10 June 2021, 07:52 AM   #23
Shelby689
Banned

The buyer responded with a message insisting he hasn’t received anything.
Old 10 June 2021, 08:39 AM   #24
John S
"TRF" Member

Chrono24 is a well established online watch trading company. I am sure it encountered similar issue before. In my first selling with them at Jan 2020, I had lots of questions. Luckily, they have an office in Hong Kong. I called them directly and we spoke cantonese (my mother language). The girl did answer lots of questions.

May I suggest that you check to see if they have an office in your country, and find out the telephone number, call and speak to a customer rep directly?
Old 10 June 2021, 08:52 AM   #25
Shelby689
Banned

I have called their customer support which is located in Germany couple of times they don’t answer or give me immediate responses for the issue, they usually tell me to wait for an email respond from their specific department.
Old 21 June 2021, 11:32 AM   #26
NiceShirt
"TRF" Member

Was this resolved?
Old 21 June 2021, 01:51 PM   #27
shredder
"TRF" Member

Was the shipment insured for full value with the shipper? Usually the shipper will go to extra lengths to give you details how and to whom the package was delivered and signed for.
shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 01:37 AM   #28
Shelby689
Banned

Chrono24 is refunding the buyer because the person who signed for it shows a womans name, and the LOCATION SHOWS AS OFFICE, WHICH IS SO UNACCEPTABLE BECAUSE THERE COULD BE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE GETTING PACKAGES AND THE RECEPTION RECEIVES THEM AND SIGNS FOR THEIR BEHALF, AND AFTER SOME TIME THEY GO AND COLLECT IT, I AM SO EXHAUSTED AND ANGRY RIGHT NOW
Old 29 June 2021, 04:12 AM   #29
NiceShirt
"TRF" Member

Are you be able to file a claim for a lost package? Delivery to the wrong person should count as a lost package. Seems like a giant loophole if you are not made whole.
Old 29 June 2021, 05:15 AM   #30
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceShirt View Post
Are you be able to file a claim for a lost package? Delivery to the wrong person should count as a lost package. Seems like a giant loophole if you are not made whole.
Ditto
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote