The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 21 July 2021, 04:39 AM   #31
ragsk
Banned

Still haven't received received my golf clubs or furniture yet
ragsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2021, 05:23 AM   #32
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragsk View Post
Just to add to this thread, I recently received the following for my 50th:

1. Baseball cap
2. Scarf
3. Scented candle
4. Mens wallet
5. Ladies wallet (? but nice)
6. Key ring
7. Tie
8. Watch strap of my design and choice + another ready made one

Just incredible. Makes me feel really good about the brand - yes i'm a cheap date! Seriously though so lovely and classy of them to do this.
Not cheap, mate, that comes to well over a grand on a good ebay day, enjoy the perks.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2021, 05:26 AM   #33
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Watch: sun, moon, heehaw
Mine is pretty humble but memorable, so i share with y'all.

I happened to be in Nice, South of France. Called my AD to see if she had anything for me worth flying to Paris.

She invited me to Lake Como courtesy of A. Lange Sohne (I love their watches; great people too). Three days. Nice 5 star hotel (Grand Hotel Tremezzo). Good food. Interesting events and above all nice people (guests and Lange folks). Met a few people I still pardner with.

That was one of my only trips i did not have a suit with me so i galloped to Milan in a convertible (used when on the country roads) and bought a suit, etc. on my way to Lake Como so i'd be southern presentable.

A few months after it, I happened to be in Paris. Stopped by at the shop. They gave me a few goodies and a personalized book from the trip. Amazing marketing without ever trying to sell anything. The book had pictures of the events, etc. but a few pages of it starting from the first page welcoming me) with pictures of yours truly. Great example of personalization.

I'm forever grateful to my AD and Lange. HeeHaw still holds a grudge I left him out of the journey.

lake como small.jpeg
CountryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2021, 08:03 AM   #34
Preacher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex of course
Not from AD but a Patek service center: tie, two wallets, iPad case, microfiber cloth, travel case, some books, plus I blagged a second wooden watch box from my AD
Old 21 July 2021, 08:12 AM   #35
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
Stayed at the Tremezzo as well... great hotel. I also like the Casta Diva
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2021, 01:16 PM   #36
mjm700
"TRF" Member

I truly worry that if i return to villa d’este i will not leave.. until i run out of money.

Some straps for various pieces here and there and a nice friendship. Good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
mjm700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2021, 01:43 PM   #37
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Leather Travel Box, Tie
Old 21 July 2021, 01:44 PM   #38
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
No pics...lame
Old 21 July 2021, 03:11 PM   #39
640ibimmerguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post

I happened to be in Nice, South of France. Called my AD to see if she had anything for me worth flying to Paris.

She invited me to Lake Como courtesy of A. Lange Sohne (I love their watches; great people too). Three days. Nice 5 star hotel (Grand Hotel Tremezzo). Good food. Interesting events and above all nice people (guests and Lange folks). Met a few people I still pardner with.

That was one of my only trips i did not have a suit with me so i galloped to Milan in a convertible (used when on the country roads) and bought a suit, etc. on my way to Lake Como so i'd be southern presentable.

A few months after it, I happened to be in Paris. Stopped by at the shop. They gave me a few goodies and a personalized book from the trip. Amazing marketing without ever trying to sell anything. The book had pictures of the events, etc. but a few pages of it starting from the first page welcoming me) with pictures of yours truly. Great example of personalization.

I'm forever grateful to my AD and Lange. HeeHaw still holds a grudge I left him out of the journey.

Attachment 1234155
OMG! When I saw that pic I immediately thought Tremezzo...I forgot the hotel name but remember that pool(and the name when you posted)...we stayed there in 2009 or 2010, will have to go back and look. Bellagio right across the lake ( to the left if remember). If you leave that hotel there were a few little bars and pizza a restaurant along the street.

I posted this in another thread a while back but there is a restaurant up the hill that two brothers owned, I will have to find it but it was the best meal and most romantic place my wife and I have ever been. We were at dinner in the open courtyard, and only one other table there. They were speaking English and we picked up quickly they were from the south ( south eastern U.S) and happened to be from a city 3 hours from us.

Sorry to be so excited but when I saw that pic I knew exactly where you were.
640ibimmerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 12:04 AM   #40
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640ibimmerguy View Post
OMG! When I saw that pic I immediately thought Tremezzo...I forgot the hotel name but remember that pool(and the name when you posted)...we stayed there in 2009 or 2010, will have to go back and look. Bellagio right across the lake ( to the left if remember). If you leave that hotel there were a few little bars and pizza a restaurant along the street.

I posted this in another thread a while back but there is a restaurant up the hill that two brothers owned, I will have to find it but it was the best meal and most romantic place my wife and I have ever been. We were at dinner in the open courtyard, and only one other table there. They were speaking English and we picked up quickly they were from the south ( south eastern U.S) and happened to be from a city 3 hours from us.

Sorry to be so excited but when I saw that pic I knew exactly where you were.
Happy to read your excitement. I have to be honest with you though for me, the real SOUTH is where I'm from, YONDER :)

I took that picture from my room. (hotel name Grand Hotel Tremezzo)

https://www.grandluxuryhotels.com/ho...BoCt-sQAvD_BwE

That trip everything was catered/pre-planned so I did not venture out to experience restaurants. I have been back since then but ate other places. Would love to know the name of your restaurant. I tend to eat more than HeeHaw.

Lange event is "combined?" with Concorso D'eleganza in Villa d'este.

https://www.concorsodeleganzavillade...a-lange-sohne/
Old 22 July 2021, 12:17 AM   #41
David5807
"TRF" Member

Travel case which I love.
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 12:45 AM   #42
WatchingAustin
"TRF" Member

Watch: iwatch
I was given two travel cases with my 5712
WatchingAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 01:13 AM   #43
raclaims
"TRF" Member

I've bought a LOT of Pateks...

I've never gotten anything without asking...nothing.

I got once a travel case, another time a tie, and one other time a vest...

They need to up their game compared to the other brands on the swag front.
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 01:16 AM   #44
mjm700
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchingAustin View Post
I was given two travel cases with my 5712

I’ve received a couple of those - more recently with my 5712 and 5524. I thought they now “came with the watch” as opposed to swag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
mjm700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 01:32 AM   #45
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Attachment 1234155
Great story.

The pic with the Villa Melzi across Lago di Como to the left brings back sweet memories to various trips to Bellagio and Ticino. All self-paid... A few with a friend who unfortunately isn't with us anymore, others with the girl who has got an uncle down there who had run a star-studded restaurant near Locarno. Incredible food at their home but we weren't allowed to help in the kitchen whatsoever. LOL.

Swag? Nothing.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2021, 01:48 AM   #46
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Great story.

The pic with the Villa Melzi across Lago di Como to the left brings back sweet memories to various trips to Bellagio and Ticino. All self-paid... A few with a friend who unfortunately isn't with us anymore, others with the girl who has got an uncle down there who had run a star-studded restaurant near Locarno. Incredible food at their home but we weren't allowed to help in the kitchen whatsoever. LOL.

Swag? Nothing.
Sorry to hear about your friend.

I think memories are the best swags. Maybe this is a reason i deal with multiple ADs in different countries.

talking about "self-paid," while driving to Lake Como after purchasing my suit in Milan (also i drove to Lugano) with the convertible stack down, the suit got all wrinkly in the car back seat (had fallen on the car floor). I asked the hotel to steam it (press?) for me. At the check out, i pulled out my credit card to pay for the extras. To my surprise, the hotel lady said Lange had already taken care of it.

Totally unexpected. I felt a bit guilty too but to this day grateful for Lange's (and my AD's) southern hospitality.

CountryBoy.
Old 30 July 2021, 06:15 AM   #47
ragsk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
No pics...lame

Sorry my bad subtona. Some crap pics below but pics nonetheless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 July 2021, 06:17 AM   #48
ragsk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
I've bought a LOT of Pateks...

I've never gotten anything without asking...nothing.

I got once a travel case, another time a tie, and one other time a vest...

They need to up their game compared to the other brands on the swag front.
That is really strange. I at a minimum have been given a travel case or two with every single purchase from my dealer without asking. I have loads and loads of those travel cases including the patent leather version and the pink one (for my wife's watch). In fact I store virtually ever watch I have in one of those Patek travel cases (inc Rolex and AP and other watches).

Not that it matters hugely as clearly you have managed to get a lot of watches from your dealer - I would much rather have the watches. This is a side show.
Old 30 July 2021, 06:48 AM   #49
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

You know, I used to feel bad that I never ever get any Patek swag despite spending 7 figures.

But now? I don't care. I just want the watches.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2021, 02:08 AM   #50
toomuchtalk
"TRF" Member

Flowers for my wife's funeral.
toomuchtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2021, 05:16 AM   #51
svevern
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP - 5726
5167: Travel case, tie and wallet
5726: Travel case, tie and Paterk winder
svevern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2021, 07:50 PM   #52
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchtalk View Post
That's the most poignant thing I've ever read on this forum. RIP.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2021, 11:33 PM   #53
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
Leather Travel Box, Tie
Gotta update here :)
Leather Travel Boxes, Tie, Cap and Patek Philippe The Authorized Biography. The book is a must. Highly recommended.
Old 3 August 2021, 01:32 AM   #54
liljctl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry for your loss
liljctl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 02:09 PM   #55
Mattt
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Attachment 1234155
That seems like an amazing story.

Not sure if you did end up purchasing Lange in the long run, but it sure as hell makes me want to purchase one and has built respect from me to them.

Even tho this is a marketing "stunt", some brands are really cheap with their supporters. (clients)

A weekend with watch heads at the lake sounds like an amazing time.
Mattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2021, 01:36 AM   #56
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattt View Post
That seems like an amazing story.

Not sure if you did end up purchasing Lange in the long run, but it sure as hell makes me want to purchase one and has built respect from me to them.

Even tho this is a marketing "stunt", some brands are really cheap with their supporters. (clients)

A weekend with watch heads at the lake sounds like an amazing time.
Howdy Matt,

Yes, i bought Lange (3) and given my AD's company also owns a multi brand shop (one of the absolute top shops in Europe), i've bought many more from them (after the Lake Como galloping)
Old 6 August 2021, 06:34 AM   #57
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So sorry to read about your loss. Rest In Peace.
Old 6 August 2021, 08:45 AM   #58
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragsk View Post
Sorry my bad subtona. Some crap pics below but pics nonetheless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salon looks after you well
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote