The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 1 March 2019, 03:24 AM   #271
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
First time buyer from John here, and it's a great pleasure to be able to add to this thread and relate the utterly flawless and very enjoyable transactions I've made with him over the last few weeks while spending a limited time traveling in the U.S. for business. It began weeks ago while overseas inquiring about and purchasing an beautiful full, correct set 16710 he had just advertized here and just yesterday I also picked up my first Sub, a stunning 16610 LV w/complete set he was willing to part with (which I'm wearing as I write this, lovin' it). Other transactions included purchasing a correct BLRO insert, date wheel, and clasp for one of my 1977 1675s, an additional "Coke" insert for the aforementioned 16710, as well as selling a glossy dial 16750.

From my first inquiry/contact from abroad (and despite not knowing me from Adam) John has gone out of his way to accommodate my schedule, communicate quickly and answer all questions, and timing deliveries to where I've been on the road in the U.S. with deadlines. All items have arrived in the exact or better condition than advertized or that he's related over the phone.

He's been open, straightforward, and communicative throughout and doing business with him has been no different than benefiting from his expertise as we all do reading his input on the forums; it's been highly educational.

His prices have been right, and that doesn't include the great value added by being able to buy with absolute confidence from an expert when dealing with vintage watches, parts, boxes, manuals, etc. The added value of that confidence can't be measured in dollars.

Living in HK I have many, many options to purchase pre-owned and/or vintage Rolex pieces with good confidence and ability to have things checked out, but with his expertise, staight-dealing, and unquestionable character buying from John offers peace of mind a step above any who I have dealt with in the past. He will be my first choice for further purchases and look forward to doing more business with him.

It's been an exceptional, valuable experience, and like this thread states on top of everything else, he's a great guy!

Thank you John!
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2019, 01:16 PM   #272
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post
First time buyer from John here, and it's a great pleasure to be able to add to this thread and relate the utterly flawless and very enjoyable transactions I've made with him over the last few weeks while spending a limited time traveling in the U.S. for business. It began weeks ago while overseas inquiring about and purchasing an beautiful full, correct set 16710 he had just advertised here and just yesterday I also picked up my first Sub, a stunning 16610 LV w/complete set he was willing to part with (which I'm wearing as I write this, lovin' it). Other transactions included purchasing a correct BLRO insert, date wheel, and clasp for one of my 1977 1675s, an additional "Coke" insert for the aforementioned 16710, as well as selling a glossy dial 16750.

From my first inquiry/contact from abroad (and despite not knowing me from Adam) John has gone out of his way to accommodate my schedule, communicate quickly and answer all questions, and timing deliveries to where I've been on the road in the U.S. with deadlines. All items have arrived in the exact or better condition than advertised or that he's related over the phone.

He's been open, straightforward, and communicative throughout and doing business with him has been no different than benefiting from his expertise as we all do reading his input on the forums; it's been highly educational.

His prices have been right, and that doesn't include the great value added by being able to buy with absolute confidence from an expert when dealing with vintage watches, parts, boxes, manuals, etc. The added value of that confidence can't be measured in dollars.

Living in HK I have many, many options to purchase pre-owned and/or vintage Rolex pieces with good confidence and ability to have things checked out, but with his expertise, straight-dealing, and unquestionable character buying from John offers peace of mind a step above any who I have dealt with in the past. He will be my first choice for further purchases and look forward to doing more business with him.

It's been an exceptional, valuable experience, and like this thread states on top of everything else, he's a great guy!

Thank you John!
Brett, thanks so much for the wonderful and kind review of our transactions here on TRF. It was a pleasure dealing with you and don't be stranger for too long. I truly enjoyed our conversations regarding our passion for everything Rolex.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190117_144009.sm.jpg (98.0 KB, 439 views)
File Type: jpg Img_6929sm.jpg (78.7 KB, 441 views)

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2019, 07:03 AM   #273
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
I just bought a set of 16710 booklets off John. Great transaction. It was a no nonsense transaction. A+++
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2019, 03:24 AM   #274
thereminjames
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
I bought a wonderful 16750 from Springer. Enjoyed the transaction beginning to end. John has a wealth of knowledge about GMTs and shipped promptly. Add me to the long list of satisfied customers! A+++++++++++
thereminjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2019, 09:30 AM   #275
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereminjames View Post
I bought a wonderful 16750 from Springer. Enjoyed the transaction beginning to end. John has a wealth of knowledge about GMTs and shipped promptly. Add me to the long list of satisfied customers! A+++++++++++
Thanks James and enjoy your GMT!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_3575'sm.jpg (80.5 KB, 410 views)
File Type: jpg Img_7685sm.jpg (90.7 KB, 412 views)

Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 1 November 2019, 09:22 AM   #276
BrazenC5
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1665,1675,1680,SD4
As everyone knows John by his reputation, both online and in the collectors circle, he's as stand up as anyone can be. I just purchased a watch from John, but not a GMT as one would expect, I purchased a 116610LV.

Resellers should watch out if John starts branching out more into modern.

I've appreciated our conversations in the short time I got to know him through this transaction. Yes he's a staple on the forum (especially vintage sub-forum), but its been a pleasure to get to do business with another collector.

During our conversations, he's also helped me locate a bracelet for my 1655. What an amazing contributor to the hobby.

You can also tell a person's character by their attention to packaging!

Thanks again John.

Chris
BrazenC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2019, 07:25 PM   #277
janneyless
"TRF" Member

So many pictures to share, thanks!
janneyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2020, 03:07 AM   #278
mscott
"TRF" Member

Another Springer deal!

Just completed my 4th purchase with John and I'm thrilled. The 1675 was better than described! Incredible watch! Everything John represents in near flawless. John is the high water mark for honesty and intergrity in our community. Looking forward to the next deal with him!!
mscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2020, 12:33 AM   #279
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscott View Post
Just completed my 4th purchase with John and I'm thrilled. The 1675 was better than described! Incredible watch! Everything John represents in near flawless. John is the high water mark for honesty and intergrity in our community. Looking forward to the next deal with him!!
Mscott, thanks for the kind words and feedback regarding your recent purchase of my GMT 1675 set. It was a pleasure and along with the sale, I always look forward to our conversations. Thanks again for the feedback.

Below are a couple photos of your newly acquired GMT-MASTER 1675 set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_9534sm.jpg (76.1 KB, 331 views)
File Type: jpg Img_9538small.jpg (96.3 KB, 329 views)

Old 30 September 2020, 03:24 AM   #280
brka23
"TRF" Member

I picked up a 16800 from Springer, every step of the transaction was flawless. John was a delight to talk to and he made sure that the watch was packed well and shipped on time.

The watch was exactly as described, in really excellent condition for its age. Super happy all around. Thanks John!
brka23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2020, 11:34 AM   #281
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brka23 View Post
I picked up a 16800 from Springer, every step of the transaction was flawless. John was a delight to talk to and he made sure that the watch was packed well and shipped on time.

The watch was exactly as described, in really excellent condition for its age. Super happy all around. Thanks John!
Thank you Jeff and enjoy your Submariner 16800 for many years to come.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_9032.sm.jpg (146.1 KB, 325 views)
File Type: jpg Img_9107sm.jpg (33.4 KB, 320 views)
File Type: jpg sm.jpg (80.2 KB, 319 views)

Old 7 October 2020, 04:45 AM   #282
Ancestral Star
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1603
I had reached out to JP about my interest in a 16710. While he unfortunately didn't have any 16710 for sale the time, JP went out of his way to point me into the right direction of exceptional examples offered by other sellers.

That commendable effort alone solidified my belief that JP is one of the most honest and trustworthy sellers out there. While I ended up getting my GMT via one of JP's recommendations, I do hope to deal with JP in the future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5970.jpg (284.5 KB, 293 views)
Ancestral Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2020, 10:49 AM   #283
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks Alex. I'm glad to hear things worked out for you. You scored a very nice GMT and may you enjoy it for many years to come.

Old 29 December 2020, 11:51 PM   #284
melbmem69
"TRF" Member

Contacted John looking for a 1675 GMT after reading some of his posts on the forum.
He told me he didn’t have anything at the time but would ask around. Within a few hours, he contacted me and put me in touch with a colleague who was selling a beautiful 74 GMT in excellent condition.
John vouched for him, and that was good enough for me, the deal went through without a hitch.
Highly recommend you contact John if you need anything vintage Rolex.
Thanks, John !!
melbmem69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:03 PM   #285
jbro352
"TRF" Member

John ("Springer") is well-known as one of the leading experts in vintage GMTs, but I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to purchase a modern one from his collection.

Every aspect of the transaction was smooth from start to finish. He went out of his way to make me feel comfortable, with incredible communication throughout.

It's been a pleasure to do business with one of the greats! You can have 100% confidence dealing with Springer.

Thanks John!
jbro352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2021, 11:23 AM   #286
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbro352 View Post
John ("Springer") is well-known as one of the leading experts in vintage GMTs, but I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to purchase a modern one from his collection.

Every aspect of the transaction was smooth from start to finish. He went out of his way to make me feel comfortable, with incredible communication throughout.

It's been a pleasure to do business with one of the greats! You can have 100% confidence dealing with Springer.

Thanks John!
Thank you Justin and enjoy your GMT ceramic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_0305.sm.jpg (105.9 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg Img_0331.sm.jpg (117.3 KB, 220 views)

Old 30 June 2021, 04:48 AM   #287
hnl-kiki
"TRF" Member

Thank you John for finding me a 16610LV. This is my 4th purchase from John. As always, the transaction was flawless and I received the watch on the 2nd business day. Deal with John in confidence!
hnl-kiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2021, 04:33 AM   #288
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnl-kiki View Post
Thank you John for finding me a 16610LV. This is my 4th purchase from John. As always, the transaction was flawless and I received the watch on the 2nd business day. Deal with John in confidence!
You are quite welcome Steve. Enjoy your anniversary "flat 4" Submariner for many years to come!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_0029.sm.jpg (131.5 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg Img_0073sm.jpg (105.3 KB, 199 views)

Old 11 November 2021, 03:58 AM   #289
leddyjam
"TRF" Member

2005 Unpolished 16710 Pepsi Complete Set from Springer (JP)

I just bought a 2005 16710 Pepsi unpolished, complete set from Springer. This is the second watch that I have purchased from JP and he is absolutely great to work with. Smooth & fast transaction. He was able to provide me with additional Pepsi, Coke and Black bezels. JP is a straight-shooter and an extremely trusted seller. He is my go-to contact the next time I am in the market. Thanks JP!

- Jim
leddyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2021, 07:47 AM   #290
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddyjam View Post
I just bought a 2005 16710 Pepsi unpolished, complete set from Springer. This is the second watch that I have purchased from JP and he is absolutely great to work with. Smooth & fast transaction. He was able to provide me with additional Pepsi, Coke and Black bezels. JP is a straight-shooter and an extremely trusted seller. He is my go-to contact the next time I am in the market. Thanks JP!

- Jim
Jim, it was a pleasure working with you again! Thanks for the kind words and enjoy your GMT for many years to come.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211027_182528sm.jpg (94.6 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg 20211027_182543sm.jpg (53.1 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg 20211027_181530sm.jpg (118.0 KB, 178 views)

Old 8 January 2022, 11:31 AM   #291
SSerna93
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, OP41, Airking
Sold my 16610 to John, shipped to him with payment on arrival, as I haven’t done any business on the forum. Was one of the smoothest transactions I’ve had in a while and would 100% do another deal with him in a heartbeat. Next time I’m in the Dallas area I’ll have to invite you out for a beer so we can talk watches
SSerna93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2022, 01:43 PM   #292
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSerna93 View Post
Sold my 16610 to John, shipped to him with payment on arrival, as I haven’t done any business on the forum. Was one of the smoothest transactions I’ve had in a while and would 100% do another deal with him in a heartbeat. Next time I’m in the Dallas area I’ll have to invite you out for a beer so we can talk watches
Stephen, thanks for the confidence and kind words. I look forward to meeting you the next time you are in Dallas.

Old 11 January 2022, 11:14 AM   #293
mray2686
"TRF" Member

Watch: Kermit
Another review for Springer!

Just wanted to add to this thread. Recently purchased a 16750 from John.
He was extremely responsive, knowledgeable, and accommodating. I was able to meet in person and see the watch and it was exactly as described. I am quite pleased! Springer is the best!
Tudor Pelagos 39 // Tudor Black Bay Pro
mray2686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2022, 03:17 AM   #294
wbb2
"TRF" Member

I bought my 16750 from John this past week
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=844520

Paid deposit to hold the watch since he was out of town.
Paid on Monday
Received on Wednesday at Fedex facility for pickup
John shared a lot of info about GMTs and this watch history.

The patina of both the dial and the bezel was even better in person.
Smooth and great transaction start to finish!

Thanks John!

-D
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5 copy.jpg (115.0 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg imagejpeg_0.jpg (275.3 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg rolexforum copy.jpg (76.8 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by wbb2; 18 April 2022 at 03:34 AM.. Reason: sent too quick
wbb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2022, 03:30 AM   #295
wbb2
"TRF" Member

delete
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rolexforum copy.jpg (76.8 KB, 129 views)

Last edited by wbb2; 18 April 2022 at 03:35 AM.. Reason: please delete this duplicate post
wbb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2022, 03:28 AM   #296
tie219
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 GMT, BBR
Had the absolute pleasure of purchasing a 1972 5513 Submariner from John. He’s an absolute gentleman and pleasure to talk to. The pictures did not do it justice and I could not be any happier with it. Hope to work with you again soon, John. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tie219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2022, 08:16 AM   #297
FloydRedford
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16710
I just bought a jubilee bracelet for my 16710 from John. What a pleasure! John is a true watch enthusiast and a straight shooter. Couldn’t be more pleased! Great item, great price, fast shipping. Thanks John!
FloydRedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2023, 02:45 PM   #298
Grimm
"TRF" Member

Nothing but good things to say about John. Just purchased a beautiful example of a 16750 that I’ll be holding on to for a very long time. Though all the fine details of the watch were presented with transparency, John met with me in person and even helped me re-size my bracelet. It was great to talk watches and shoot the shit in general. Could not be happier with my purchase and will definitely be doing more business in the future. Well vetted and a wonderful resource for this forum. Thank you.

RR
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2023, 11:17 PM   #299
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
Nothing but good things to say about John. Just purchased a beautiful example of a 16750 that I’ll be holding on to for a very long time. Though all the fine details of the watch were presented with transparency, John met with me in person and even helped me re-size my bracelet. It was great to talk watches and shoot the shit in general. Could not be happier with my purchase and will definitely be doing more business in the future. Well vetted and a wonderful resource for this forum. Thank you.

RR
Thanks RR. It isn't often that I get to meet local collectors and it was a pleasure meeting someone local here in Dallas. Take care and enjoy your GMT-MASTER.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230219_161723.sm..jpg (78.9 KB, 59 views)

Old 22 March 2024, 02:04 AM   #300
superflyback
"TRF" Member

I was lucky enough to purchase my dream watch, a clean and correct matte dial 16750 Pepsi, from Springer this week. He was communicative, prompt, kind and incredibly knowledgeable. He also wasn't kidding about this watch, it's gorgeous. Thank you John!
superflyback is offline   Reply With Quote