The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 September 2021, 04:07 AM   #1
erinbeckerton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Rolex Sky-Dweller Blue Dial

This is a popular watch so I am sure there is a lot to be said surrounding literally everything about this piece. Personally I just want to cover the aesthetic love I have for it. That blue dial is something else and I will always enjoy it. The details of the Sky-Dweller have never been something I looked to much towards but they are flawless, not that I would have any real world need for these specific functions, but they are beautiful! Although I have a large question, Oyster or Jubilee bracelet. Now that they offer the jubilee bracelet with the newer Sky-Dwellers I would love to have one on this blue dial Sky-Dweller. While reading https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-bl...blue-dial.html I picked up on some extra details not just surrounding the aesthetic aspects of this watch, and I believe they also play a huge role in why this watch is a great choice. If you are able to get this watch retail ($14,800 Oyster bracelet) or ($15,050 Jubilee bracelet) than you can find yourself holding onto quite an investment piece, some even reaching above $35,000. That is a huge factor for me, wether or not it has the ability to appreciate while still being on my wrist and this one checks that box. What are your thoughts on the Sky-Dweller 326934, would you purchase this watch or what makes you not want to purchase this piece?
erinbeckerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2021, 04:17 AM   #2
adawil2002
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16550 Explorer II
Did purchase at MSRP a month ago. It's a beautiful watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blue Skydweller 03 copy.jpg (275.0 KB, 469 views)
File Type: jpg Blue Skydweller BMW copy.jpg (245.2 KB, 467 views)
6284 SS, 16014 SS Jubilee silver stick, 16253 TT Blue Thunderbird, 16550 SS Exp II Cream, bought in 1986, 116400GV Z-blue Milgauss, 79260 Tudor, 116660 DSSD-Blue, 116500LV Daytona White, 116710 BLNR, 326934 Blue Skydweller
adawil2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2021, 04:29 AM   #3
4 Aussies
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Blue Sky
Spectacular watch!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sky steering wheel small .jpg (130.0 KB, 451 views)
4 Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2021, 04:39 AM   #4
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

For the SS model I prefer the Oyster bracelet and for the TT and PM models I think the Jubilee suits it better. The important thing is that we now have the choice. Choice is good.

It would be disingenuous to say I wasn't aware of the fact that the value goes up as soon as I walk out of the AD. It's a good feeling. It adds to the apeal. But watches as investments don't interest me. Many of my watches are worth considerably less than I bought hem for. My children, on the other hand, may be very interested indeed in the value difference and inclined to exploit it to their advantage. But I'm not in the ground just yet. :)

Jubilee or Oyster, it's one hell of a watch on so many levels (if you like that sort of thing). You can't go wrong really.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2021, 04:49 AM   #5
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

I love the Sky-Dweller very much, either oyster or jubilee is stunning. Waiting for years and don't think I can get the blue dial. Saw it at a grey store, stickers still intact, selling at 24850GBP. It is just way too high, even though it is still have 4 years 11 months warranty. It is really a beauty but I won't spend 24K on SS....
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2021, 04:57 AM   #6
Seddyspaghetti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
It’s lovely. Would love to get the call for it someday.
Seddyspaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2021, 05:31 AM   #7
rominvicta
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, BLNR, SM, GM
If you get the chance do not hesitate! I currently have both blue and black face. Went through WG white face, but that one I sold, it wasn’t up to my taste. White face make it bland looking. If I had the chance to get at a decent price the WG ivory roman dial I will once again jump on the boat of PM.
rominvicta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2021, 05:48 PM   #8
Manu74
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 | LVc | SkyD
Blue dial on Oyster bracelet is the best one IMHO.
If you can buy one at retail, get it 100%
Manu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2021, 10:15 PM   #9
Societas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Blue SkyD
Owner of BlueSkD on Oyster here, my 2 cents:

-Jubilee Bracelet I think is adding some "bling" to a watch that is not really understated from the start. So depending on your style / lifestyle / area where you live, go for Oyster if you think you need it to fly a bit under the radar (so long as one might think a SkyD is flying under the radar...)

-As stated, choice is good. Personally, if money is not an issue, I might consider buying a Jubilee from AD early 2022, just to be able to switch from time to time. I hear prices are around 1 500 EUR for a jubilee bracelet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sky Arcachon compress.jpg (237.9 KB, 163 views)
Societas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
326934 skydweller blue , blue dial , rolex sky-dweller