The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 September 2021, 12:20 PM   #1
Madprofx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Yachtmaster/
Milgauss blue parachrom hairspring

I have recently been looking at adding a Milgauss to the stable and was trying to establish with the 2007- models when was the blue parachrom hairsping introduced?
Was this something that was part of all 3131 Milgauss’ from the outset or was it added later in this era of the Milgauss?
Thank you all in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Madprofx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2021, 06:12 PM   #2
alpharulez
"TRF" Member

Watch: Assorted!
My understanding is the movement has always had it. My GV from 2012 has it as well I believe. Need it go check the booklet that came along with it.

alpharulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2021, 06:38 PM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madprofx View Post
I have recently been looking at adding a Milgauss to the stable and was trying to establish with the 2007- models when was the blue parachrom hairsping introduced?
Was this something that was part of all 3131 Milgauss’ from the outset or was it added later in this era of the Milgauss?
Thank you all in advance

The first watch to have a parachrom hairspring was the new cal 4130 in the Daytona back in 2000, but then it was more of a grey colour. Around 2005 the parachrom was introduced to most of the line up but now a blue colour turned blue by chemical oxidation process.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2021, 08:57 PM   #4
Madprofx
"TRF" Member

Thank you both very much. I appreciate the responses.
I know many may consider the Milgauss an ugly duckling (or marmite/vegemite with a love it or hate it feeling) but I think I may be fortunate and pick one up later today.

Old 21 September 2021, 09:06 PM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
I know many may consider the Milgauss an ugly duckling (or marmite/vegemite with a love it or hate it feeling) but I think I may be fortunate and pick one up later today.

There is nothing magic about the parachrom hairspring only the marketing and doubt if it would make much difference no matter the hairspring in the case. With watches like the Milgauss all of the antimagnetic protection comes from the faraday cage. The Milgauss is a great watch with a lot of history, and yourself likes it thats all that matters, good luck if you buy and wear it with pride and in good health.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 21 September 2021, 09:15 PM   #6
Madprofx
"TRF" Member

Thanks Padi.
I’m fortunate to have a Blue YM presently and the Sub has never appealed to me.
I particularly wanted a TT piece this time, I was considering another YM in RG/chocolate dial but my wife said I shouldn’t have two of the “same” watch lol or a GMT (but they’re hens teeth or far in excess $).
Milgauss albeit, paling in comparison to Omega antimagnetic properties, always drew me in from when I first saw it with the quirky sec hand and minimalist dateless dial together with its history and the fact I like to be a little different than the mainstream.

Old 21 September 2021, 09:51 PM   #7
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Thanks Padi.
I’m fortunate to have a Blue YM presently and the Sub has never appealed to me.
I particularly wanted a TT piece this time, I was considering another YM in RG/chocolate dial but my wife said I shouldn’t have two of the “same” watch lol or a GMT (but they’re hens teeth or far in excess $).
Milgauss albeit, paling in comparison to Omega antimagnetic properties, always drew me in from when I first saw it with the quirky sec hand and minimalist dateless dial together with its history and the fact I like to be a little different than the mainstream.

Well again in the real world dont read much into the antimagnetic properties of any watch as its extremely doubtful you will enter any magnetic field that strong. Its like the dive watches made today with very high depth ratings that will never be used by man or superman in water. The deepest dive by man just on scuba gear just over 320m and there have been more men to go to the moon that have dived beyond 300m on scuba. Basically high rated watches today basically marketing, mine is bigger than yours and little more. And yes the Milguass is different from the rest of the run of the mill watches and not so many around, a great watch very underrated today by many.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 21 September 2021, 09:58 PM   #8
SoylentGreenChi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, Rolex, Sinn
Quote:

I don’t have a Milgauss, and it’s not on my list (too big for me, unfortunately) but I have always considered it one of the very best in the Rolex lineup. It’s quirky - in a good way (a great way, IMHO). Good luck today!
SoylentGreenChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2021, 10:27 PM   #9
Madprofx
"TRF" Member

Very true Padi regarding the marketing hype applied to so many pieces nowadays - I don’t think I’ve dived beyond about 10m in reefs lol.
I think pretty much every watch I have has been in the pool or at the beach at some point in time without any issues whatsoever (aside from my B&M which is finicky at the best of times).

Thanks Soy - I last recall trying on a Milgauss Pre-supply issues about 3-4years ago (a Z blue). It does wear a little tall/proud given the thickness - sorry it’s too big for you - and I think I can carry it off ok.
Back then I also tried a DSSD as they happened to have one - now that was most definitely a hefty watch and too big for me.
The zblue is a great looking watch but the green glass I found ‘distracting’ and there’s something about the clear glass black dial that gives a hint of “different” but still sufficiently subdued.
I may in time miss the date function compared to all my other pieces but similarly the simplicity of it I think will endure.

Not being a flipper or trying to capitalize on returns I spend a long time choosing and selecting a piece for the collection :) as they’ll be with me for the duration - none are safe queens and all get rotated and worn everywhere regularly - unless doing anything mechanical/car work in which case no watches or rings for safety sake.

Old 21 September 2021, 10:36 PM   #10
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Nah nah nah not ugly

Quirky is the word
BNABOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2021, 10:39 PM   #11
Madprofx
"TRF" Member

BNABOD - it’s photos like those that confirm my decision. Great shot. In the sun.

Old 22 September 2021, 05:36 AM   #12
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
This thread needs more pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2021, 07:37 AM   #13
soflonative
2024 Pledge Member

Welcome to the forum , I’m sure you didn’t want this to be your first post. I head your story on Paul Thorpe’s podcast. That’s horrible what you had to go through, glad you weren’t physically hurt. Hate hearing stories like this. Hope some how you can get it back.