The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 January 2018, 01:34 PM   #31
lastshotkid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss96 View Post
I personally don't believe a watch should "grow" on you. I think that when you see it in person and try it on, you should love it. There's plenty of different watches out there, no point in trying to convince yourself you love it because of the hyper surrounding it. I think you'd be much better off selling it and purchasing something that you can't wait to put on your wrist!

I agree. I’d sell it if I didn’t look forward to wearing it everyday but, in my case, the moment I saw my BLNR in person, even though I had my mind set on an LN, I grabbed it without hesitation and have been wearing it and staring at it like a lunatic.

Fortunately for you, it does well in the pre-owned market so I am sure there are plenty who would be lining up for it.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lastshotkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2018, 01:36 PM   #32
kicksncrowns
"TRF" Member

Sell it... If you regret it, than source another one. Unless the one you bought makes you breakfast and tells time...
kicksncrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2018, 02:01 PM   #33
dberman3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
Take some time and do some reflection. Do you want two GMT's? Do you prefer one over the other? There's no rush, take your time with it. Every now and then get the BLNR out of the safe and put it on (around the house). Then do the same with the LN.

When your head is clear and you know what you want...make your move.
I agree completely. And for what it’s worth, I did the very same thing. My AD called me just before Christmas and told me they had a BLNR in the back and it’s mine if I wanted it. I told them I’d be down the next day to pick it up. It spent two weeks in the safe until I finally put it on. I wasn’t crazy about the PCL‘s, so I switched out the bracelet with my LV. Then it grew on me, but I didn’t feel like changing the bracelet back-and-forth every time I wanted to wear one watch over the other, so I put the original bracelet back on and it’s been on my wrist ever since. I love it! Wear it and see how you feel. There’s no rush, just wear it on and off and see if you like it. If you don’t, no harm no foul, just flip it. You might find that you’re pleasantly surprised once it’s on your wrist for a while.
dberman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2018, 07:05 PM   #34
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Funny, but I kind of felt the same way when I bought mine last year.

It lasted 6 months, and I sold it
Similar situation. I bought into the hype and flipped after almost three years. it's a beautiful piece but I never bonded with it.

I wear mine in rotation and get one out on Sunday night and set it ready for the morning. I would get excited every single Sunday night because it was like getting a new watch. Um, except when it was the turn of my BLNR.

It's a beautiful piece without a shadow of a doubt. It's just not for me, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom808 View Post
Any regrets?
None whatsoever here, either. I picked up a YM about a month later and then realised it was the watch I should have bought instead of the BLNR.

Thing is, you bought it for a reason so I would suggest you take some time to work out what that reason is. Did you buy into the hype? If so, move it on and let someone else be happy. If you want it, keep it. If you're unsure because of the financial implications then you could always keep the BLNR and move on your LN. Unless, of course, you love your LN......................

Don't get too bent out of shape over having two GMTs either. Nairn has a couple of GMTs; Ed has several GMTs; Trace has about 300 Daytonas; I have a couple of Subs, and so on. There's no rules about how many of each variant you can own

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2018, 08:05 PM   #35
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom808 View Post
Not the case. If it was, I would have posted in the "for sale" section.
And if I did decide to sell it, I would not be interested in a couple hundred $$ profit...

Just looking to see if anyone warmed up to it after awhile.
You only bought it because of the hype and lack of supply. Not because you wanted it.

It doesn't work for everyone.

Sell it

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2018, 10:15 PM   #36
Pmt2
"TRF" Member

You’re in possession of one of the most beautiful watches produced by Rolex. Wear it and enjoy. If you don’t enjoy wearing it then sell it. It holds better value than the LN. so there’s nothing to worry about.
Pmt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2018, 10:20 PM   #37
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
Quote:
Originally Posted by meganfox17 View Post
Remember the movie, Tom? Somebody has to go.Would you prefer Glenn Close over Ann Archer or the other way around? Just make sure there won't be a dead bunny boiling in a pot of hot water....
I will NOT be ignored, DAN!!!!
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2018, 11:13 PM   #38
Raypep
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ / BLNR / Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
You only bought it because of the hype and lack of supply. Not because you wanted it.

It doesn't work for everyone.

Sell it

Raypep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2018, 06:08 AM   #39
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
I can’t believe you don’t love it....it’s an incredible watch IMO!
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2018, 06:08 AM   #40
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmt2 View Post
You’re in possession of one of the most beautiful watches produced by Rolex. Wear it and enjoy. If you don’t enjoy wearing it then sell it. It holds better value than the LN. so there’s nothing to worry about.
Spot on!
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2018, 06:30 AM   #41
GMT Aviator
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

It doesn’t matter about the hype. It’s what suits you.

I have 5 GMT’s. Not one is the BLNR.

Tried it side by side with the LN a number of times before the world went BLNR mad.

Went for the LN, it’s my daily watch mostly, wearing it now in fact, couldn’t be happier.

The BLNR is a grail to lots of people and I understand why, but it just didn’t work for me.
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2018, 06:44 AM   #42
toneafficianado
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

It's just blue vs green really. I'm a fan of blue so went BLNR.
I always thought the LN would look great in a two tone bezel of black into Hulk style green but it is all black. Any GMT C is incredibly comfortable , legible ,waterproof daily watch with triplock crown and all. If I had both I'd keep both.
toneafficianado is offline   Reply With Quote