The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 22 March 2019, 03:55 AM   #1
cptmike03
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M, 16234
Tysons Watch and Jewelry Exchange can't ID real Rolex clasp -link to public comments

Hello,
I had previously posted pictures of a vintage Rolex DJ sold to me with a blatant fake Rolex clasp by a major dealer of preowned Rolex, Tysons Watch and Jewelry Exchange in Vienna, VA. I had previously not posted their name because they told me that they would provide a refund.

Well, you are going to be shocked at this.

They provided me a refund in person, ADMITTED IT WAS FAKE, but would not give me the time of day. Both the manager and the original sales person would not speak to me or allow me to explain how it was fake. I was extremely polite. They sent over who appeared to be a Jr. sales person who handed me my money, and looked curious when I showed him the difference between that one and a real one. He admitted this was fake, and said it was the first time it had happened. Shocking that no one seemed to care they sold a fake, so I placed a review on yelp.

Heres is where this gets good. I posted photos and the store is PUBLICLY claiming this is real! Take a look:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/tysons-watc...xchange-vienna

Shocked at the response, I called them and asked to speak to the manager. My intent was to give them an opportunity to change this before I post photos illustrating this as a fake. To make a long story short, she was rude, and continued to say that this was 100% authentic Rolex. She even stated that they check the watches on chrono 24 for authenticity. She also stated that the staff was very attentive to me and that at no time did a staff member admit this was a fake (both untrue). When I described the staff member that admitted it was indeed a fake right down to the wristwatch he was wearing, she was speechless. She then said it was ok that the manager ignored me because I had previously sent an email earlier in the day and that "he already knew the story".

Before I got a refund, I sent them an email with examples and the issues (pictures taken from known sites that illustrate a fake vs a real clasp) and all the details. No one responded to my email.

I am going to respond to this with a bunch of pictures to where everyone is going to see how this is counterfeit. If anyone else wants to comment on yelp on this, please be my guest. I can't believe a place like this would be posting this publicly. I may also reach out to the BBB.

Shocking. I hope everyone can beware of this place.

Mike

Last edited by cptmike03; 22 March 2019 at 04:00 AM.. Reason: change title
cptmike03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2019, 04:31 AM   #2
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

I went there to look and was not impressed, Seemed like overpriced pawn shop. They advertise heavily in metro dc tv market.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2019, 07:56 AM   #3
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
You go man! Poor service - and complete incompetence
Old 22 March 2019, 08:32 AM   #4
Rolexforthewin
"TRF" Member

Terrible place to buy and sell!

I went there two weeks ago to sell a few things, and the place is an absolute joke! Staff was terrible. I left them a one star review on Google, and will follow up on your Yelp review.
Rolexforthewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2019, 10:46 AM   #5
cptmike03
"TRF" Member

Thanks! I am going to try to repost my updated review tomorrow as well with a bunch of pictures, including examples of correct clasps from my own collection.

I am kind of glad they posted that on yelp for all to see how they are unable to spot a fake.

On top of that the watches really don't seem to be checked out mechanically either.

Rolexforthewin, I am glad I am not the only one! Sorry you had a bad time as well.
Old 22 March 2019, 10:47 AM   #6
cptmike03
"TRF" Member

And thank you for the additional comments on yelp letting everyone know this is indeed a fake, much appreciated.
Old 23 March 2019, 03:06 AM   #7
cptmike03
"TRF" Member

And the new update is up, complete with more pictures!
https://www.yelp.com/biz/tysons-watc...xchange-vienna

Feel free to add comments on there, or "like" the review.
Old 23 March 2019, 04:23 AM   #8
Jhowton23
"TRF" Member

have bought and sold pieces to them in the past. exchange prices are offensive but i justify it with them being easily moved FAR from their asking prices. after your experience i wont return though. 1 fake is too many.
Jhowton23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 11:59 AM   #9
cptmike03
"TRF" Member

John you are absolutely right, I dont see how to trust this place ever again, especially when they are basically publicly lying. I have no idea how they are going to save face with the comparison photos I just posted.
Old 23 March 2019, 12:01 PM   #10
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
With that link you provided, they have a lot of bad reviews....
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 12:07 PM   #11
cptmike03
"TRF" Member

Yes they do, but customer service is one thing, but blatantly selling a fake and then standing by it when they know it is a fake is an entire different level of wrong. I would not have posted any of this if it was just bad customer service. This is just wrong wrong. Everyone can now clearly see by their comments what type of business they are