The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 4 April 2019, 11:38 PM   #31
Ricky Rolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Guys the fact that the Mk1 was only in circulation for 6 years I believe and must be limited numbers out there surely makes this a watch that will become a wanted piece in years to come?

White gold numerals or lume?? Come on! Give me more gold for my money any day of the week!

♛GMT II Coke 16710♛ ♛DateJust 16030♛ ♛Explorer 214270 mk2♛ Submariner 116610LN♛ 126711CHNR ♛
Ricky Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2019, 10:42 PM   #32
huggie49
"TRF" Member

I purchased the Mk2 version in March of ‘19. I considered both, and probably would have been happy either way. The AD in my hometown had several SS models in the case, but I visited with the Explorer in mind. Early birthday present to myself.
I tried on a Polar and both a Zblue and black GV on that visit. All beautiful. Next time!
By the way, it was the Underwood’s location in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. Nice folks, drop in and see them.
huggie49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 06:00 AM   #33
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by david999 View Post
Great thread. Was not aware of the gold versus lume difference with the 3,6,9.
I've read the the 3-6-9 are silver, not gold.
Robf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 06:31 AM   #34
Rowlf
Banned

MK1 is a future collectible. Think how many will be converted versus how many were sold in its run, and it'll likely be somewhat rare.

I bought one with that thought in mind. Then sold it because I didn't really enjoy wearing it.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2019, 05:48 AM   #35
Tysons WAJE
Banned

Very nice, you have great taste in watches.
Tysons WAJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2019, 04:09 AM   #36
derklink
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robf52 View Post
I've read the the 3-6-9 are silver, not gold.
They should be white gold
derklink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2019, 04:11 AM   #37
derklink
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
MK1 is a future collectible. Think how many will be converted versus how many were sold in its run, and it'll likely be somewhat rare.

I bought one with that thought in mind. Then sold it because I didn't really enjoy wearing it.
I bought an MK1 because I found the dial a little more interesting. As long as it keeps its value somewhat, I'm fine. Not expecting it to become super rare/valuable.
derklink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2019, 04:43 PM   #38
explorer1982
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 39mm mk2
Thanks for this excellent review. I have had my mkII for 9 months (wear it almost every day) and the excitement still hasn't faded. I LOVE the beefier minute hand. I work in an office with a pretty busy meetings schedule and a big legible minute hand is the most important thing for me to be on time for each meeting. I can read the time so quickly, it makes me actually appreciate how quickly you could read the time with the faintest glance.
explorer1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 10:44 AM   #39
Sunny Arizona
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613
My favorite too. Got mine 6 months ago new from an AD with a small discount. Well worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer1982 View Post
Thanks for this excellent review. I have had my mkII for 9 months (wear it almost every day) and the excitement still hasn't faded. I LOVE the beefier minute hand. I work in an office with a pretty busy meetings schedule and a big legible minute hand is the most important thing for me to be on time for each meeting. I can read the time so quickly, it makes me actually appreciate how quickly you could read the time with the faintest glance.
Sunny Arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 11:29 AM   #40
Tbonewalk
"TRF" Member

I lost track of the post, I'm glad it is still going. Sorry to say, both of my 214270s- short hand and long hand models- are gone and kind of didn't work out for me. But some of that is on me, I just kind of change things around, and of course lose a lot of money while doing so. I had some problems with this model, but no doubt, it is a very very fine watch, and I am happy you are enjoying yours!!! Congratulations!!!

Lately I have been into Seiko and Grand Seiko, enjoying my Captain Willard, but must admit, there is a psychological element that bothers me about not owning a Rolex. But the Snowflake is an awesome watch, and seems to be a great value. I am somewhat discouraged with the price of a Rolex, though the Explorer is a good deal. I presume it still is at $6500 MSRP... don't be surprised if I post some pictures of a new one sometime...
Tbonewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2019, 05:31 AM   #41
Yuri.Popov
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner C
It is pricy but its very classy. You can't go wrong with this purchase
Yuri.Popov is offline   Reply With Quote