The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 24 May 2019, 07:49 AM   #31
DGB
"TRF" Member

Try the Patek Boutique, you’ll understand that it is not only AP...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 02:03 AM   #32
T3F
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGB View Post
Try the Patek Boutique, you’ll understand that it is not only AP...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've gotten a 5711 and a 5164 (and a 5712 in the next 6 or so months) without too much trouble from my AD, but maybe I've just gotten lucky. Obviously I have a good account and relationship with them, but from what I've gathered (correct me if I'm wrong), you need to be $300k+ to get the really good stuff from AP (15407, 15202BC/IP, 26579CE, etc.), whereas it's more like $100k+ for Patek. Additionally, most Pateks are readily available so you can actually build an account, and most Patek dealers sell other watches as well, making it easier. AP won't even let me build an account -- I can basically choose between less than 5 watches right now, only one of which appeals to me at all, and buying that won't even help me much. Again, maybe I'm wrong on this and I've just gotten lucky with Patek and unlucky with AP.

If anyone has a good AP salesperson somewhere in the U.S., please PM me (if I buy something, hopefully you'll get credit for referring me ). I reached out to Material Good, which is being much more reasonable and willing to work with me, and also the NY boutique, which is also a moderate improvement over Bal Harbour. Material Good is offering me better stuff, but I feel like I should buy from the AP-owned boutiques in NY and Bal Harbour to add to my existing accounts and because I heard that someone else bought from Material Good and got effectively blacklisted by the NY boutique.
Old 26 May 2019, 06:17 AM   #33
easterbunny
"TRF" Member

All i want is a 15500 or 15450 from a boutique and its been pretty tough to find.
easterbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2019, 11:55 AM   #34
lianghee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pam, AP, Rolex
Well I have just gotten back to AP after a two years break. Recently went to the AP boutique to indicate my interest on the 15500st and I was a little surprised by the attitude of the boutique manager. Not a very good experience at all. It was totally a different experience when I got my 26331st from them two years ago.

Really disappointed that even an AP boutique is now behaving like a typical AD of rolex. Probably they have too many VVIPs to serve now.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
lianghee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 05:26 PM   #35
Lo0o0o0n
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianghee View Post
Well I have just gotten back to AP after a two years break. Recently went to the AP boutique to indicate my interest on the 15500st and I was a little surprised by the attitude of the boutique manager. Not a very good experience at all. It was totally a different experience when I got my 26331st from them two years ago.

Really disappointed that even an AP boutique is now behaving like a typical AD of rolex. Probably they have too many VVIPs to serve now.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Just visited the Liat Towers Boutique as well. Very disappointing and not accommodating at all. Felt like I needed to beg to give them my $$, not a good feeling at all.
Lo0o0o0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2019, 01:18 AM   #36
Sulituan
"TRF" Member

In Singapore, I went to the boutique in Marina Bay Sands and had a flawless experience. Really liked the sales reps - intrinsically friendly and genuine.
Sulituan is offline   Reply With Quote