The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 August 2020, 06:25 AM   #31
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
Ok, I want to be Kelly! Or, at least, be in that world.... OK OK is that is not possible, add me to that chat group please !?!

*sigh*
no you don t wanna be, believe me...

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 10:10 AM   #32
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
no you don t wanna be, believe me...
why not ? sounds like a great bunch to network - sadly kelly yet has to confirm me as her instagram friend :)
dauster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 12:02 PM   #33
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Did this really need an article in GQ?

Great.

Now it's even more ruined for the rest of us.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2020, 01:11 PM   #34
UmichNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchaic View Post
She’s actually cool as Meanest nice person I know.

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UmichNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 11:57 AM   #35
tchaic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tag Heuer 2000
Icon13 Yawn... I give up on this forum but will forever love Patek, Tiffany, and Kelly

So I received this message from a moderator here. I called Kelly Yoch a Bad Ass. I believe that to be a compliment.

I apologized to the moderator as I was unfamiliar with the rule and yet he or she felt the need to reply that if I post anything similar again it will be my last post.

The passive aggressive response is a bit much. So unfortunately after a nice ten year run I am done with the Rolex forums. See you on Instagram and have a nice life Lol-X.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RolexFFFF.jpg (171.8 KB, 532 views)
tchaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 04:31 PM   #36
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchaic View Post
So I received this message from a moderator here. I called Kelly Yoch a Bad Ass. I believe that to be a compliment.

I apologized to the moderator as I was unfamiliar with the rule and yet he or she felt the need to reply that if I post anything similar again it will be my last post.

The passive aggressive response is a bit much. So unfortunately after a nice ten year run I am done with the Rolex forums. See you on Instagram and have a nice life Lol-X.
That’s why she canceled last minute
Old 19 September 2020, 05:55 PM   #37
Pongster
"TRF" Member

The tiffany PP she sells is sold at same retail price as in any PP store right?
Pongster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 12:11 AM   #38
doctoryellow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongster View Post
The tiffany PP she sells is sold at same retail price as in any PP store right?
Yes
doctoryellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 01:51 AM   #39
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

I don't get the whole fuss about Tiffany regarding the difficulty of getting watches which are allocated at every AD. No Patek AD is going to sell a first time buyer a 5711, 5712 or a 5167 etc. Anywhere you go you have to have a history. Tiffany is no different. Kelly is the same as the manager of any AD, only with a better sense of humor.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 02:05 AM   #40
SpaceDweller77
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
I don't get the whole fuss about Tiffany regarding the difficulty of getting watches which are allocated at every AD. No Patek AD is going to sell a first time buyer a 5711, 5712 or a 5167 etc. Anywhere you go you have to have a history. Tiffany is no different. Kelly is the same as the manager of any AD, only with a better sense of humor.
I was able to purchase a 5711 from my AD in mid-August, my first Patek, no significant purchase history, 10 month wait. While I live in a relatively smaller town, I am not convinced it is always necessary to jump through all the hoops and buy unnecessary watches as talked about frequently. I have since asked to be considered for a 5167a and hope the wait time is similar to that I had for the 5711.
SpaceDweller77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 08:52 PM   #41
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDweller77 View Post
I was able to purchase a 5711 from my AD in mid-August, my first Patek, no significant purchase history, 10 month wait. While I live in a relatively smaller town, I am not convinced it is always necessary to jump through all the hoops and buy unnecessary watches as talked about frequently. I have since asked to be considered for a 5167a and hope the wait time is similar to that I had for the 5711.
For the sake of your watch collection, don't tell anyone where you live. And, congratulations.
Old 28 October 2020, 06:06 AM   #42
PPcollector
"TRF" Member

Wanted to throw this out there...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...e-deal-dispute

Looks like the LVMH deal with Tiffany may finally come to an end. Now we wait for Patek's response...
PPcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 04:41 AM   #43
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPcollector View Post
Wanted to throw this out there...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...e-deal-dispute

Looks like the LVMH deal with Tiffany may finally come to an end. Now we wait for Patek's response...
Will the reign of Kelly come to an end?!?!
Old 29 October 2020, 12:36 PM   #44
Overwatch
"TRF" Member

And just like that she announces on iG that she’s gone. No more Kelly at the Patek Salon at Tiffany’s. End of an era.
Overwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 12:40 PM   #45
PPcollector
"TRF" Member

OMG!! mic drop....
Old 29 October 2020, 12:56 PM   #46
ganiccus
Banned

Watch: Exp II
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
Will the reign of Kelly come to an end?!?!
wow, great call mate...
ganiccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 01:22 PM   #47
epicurus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMartiny View Post
I am sorry, but as a European I still don't get what the fuss with T stamps is all about. Why would men want to clutter their nice clean Nautilus dial with a stamp from an up-market jewellery chain that predominantly sell jewellery for women. I get that T stamps in one sense make the watch rarer, but the extreme price premium for T stamped Pateks still seems quite strange to me.
epicurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2020, 05:37 PM   #48
jamestucker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMartiny View Post
I am sorry, but as a European I still don't get what the fuss with T stamps is all about. Why would men want to clutter their nice clean Nautilus dial with a stamp from an up-market jewellery chain that predominantly sell jewellery for women. I get that T stamps in one sense make the watch rarer, but the extreme price premium for T stamped Pateks still seems quite strange to me.
jamestucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 12:34 AM   #49
mcch2233
"TRF" Member

Newbie question (and potentially pointless if all goes the way that folks are pointing to here), but did every T stamp Patek go through allocation? Or was it relatively straightforward to get less sought after models?
mcch2233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 01:03 AM   #50
PPcollector
"TRF" Member

Less of a hurdle for non-sports models. Some are even in stock! Amazingly!

Now that the LVMH and Tiffany deal looks like it’s final...closing merger in Jan 2021, I wonder what impact this will have on the Patek/Tiffany relationship.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-sale-to-lvmh

Furthermore, what impact will this have IF Patek decides to cancel Tiffany co-branding knowing that Tiffany is the last AD to be able to co-brand with Patek?
T-stamped watch values going up or remain flat since there will no longer be a supply and the demand for these?
Old 30 October 2020, 06:17 AM   #51
maecenas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Furthermore, what impact will this have IF Patek decides to cancel Tiffany co-branding knowing that Tiffany is the last AD to be able to co-brand with Patek?
T-stamped watch values going up or remain flat since there will no longer be a supply and the demand for these?
I also think there's a substantial chance they'll stop the stamping. I don't think Tiffany would ever stop being an AD, the history is so substantial, but I don't know what Patek gets out of the stamp arrangement now. A few years ago when the attitude was "take it or leave it" among most collectors it was a nice little throwback, now it dominates the discussion, and I wonder how they feel about that in Geneva.

As for supply/demand, at first I'd say "demand should only go up!", and I do fundamentally feel that way. But here's a interesting side thought: it was pretty well known that you don't resell stamped watches, if you ever hope to get another. Without that concern, is there going to be a market flood of people hoping to cash in? I think long term demand and prices will go back up, but short term, might be interesting.
maecenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2020, 06:21 AM   #52
PPcollector
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maecenas View Post
I also think there's a substantial chance they'll stop the stamping. I don't think Tiffany would ever stop being an AD, the history is so substantial, but I don't know what Patek gets out of the stamp arrangement now. A few years ago when the attitude was "take it or leave it" among most collectors it was a nice little throwback, now it dominates the discussion, and I wonder how they feel about that in Geneva.

As for supply/demand, at first I'd say "demand should only go up!", and I do fundamentally feel that way. But here's a interesting side thought: it was pretty well known that you don't resell stamped watches, if you ever hope to get another. Without that concern, is there going to be a market flood of people hoping to cash in? I think long term demand and prices will go back up, but short term, might be interesting.
Agree that short term prices will definitely be lower due to increased supply from sellers looking to sell now since they are no longer bound by the “blacklist” stigma.

Outside of that, will be interesting to see what kind of demand for T-stamps long term knowing that stamping is no longer possible on future references. Probably will no longer be the same premiums as now due to less demand.
Old 3 January 2021, 02:46 AM   #53
UmichNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Agree that short term prices will definitely be lower due to increased supply from sellers looking to sell now since they are no longer bound by the “blacklist” stigma.

Outside of that, will be interesting to see what kind of demand for T-stamps long term knowing that stamping is no longer possible on future references. Probably will no longer be the same premiums as now due to less demand.

No change is expected in the relationship, at least thus far. I bet that we continue to see the T-stamp live on. In terms of long-term value, I’ve seen some real interest in other co-stamped dials like Beyer and Serpico y Lanio.
UmichNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2021, 08:40 PM   #54
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmichNJ View Post
No change is expected in the relationship, at least thus far. I bet that we continue to see the T-stamp live on. In terms of long-term value, I’ve seen some real interest in other co-stamped dials like Beyer and Serpico y Lanio.
Have to agree here. Tiffany is KNOWN for not discounting any of their PP watches. Can't say that for any other AD that I'm aware of and the Tiffany stamp adds charisma and value to the watches they sell. Why would PP want to opt out of this?