The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 December 2015, 08:59 AM   #1
Big_Fan
Banned

Watch Options

So I finally decided to get a rubber strap from a quality provider.

Rubberb for the brown strap to go w my choc daytona. The leather strap it comes on really limits it's "wrist time" and because I have to travel often I am not fond of taking it off while I'm in the shower because that is how you forget things. This uses my deployment buckle but I believe it has to be cut to size me.

Everest for the SubC. I have LN & LV, so an all black strap that uses my deployment buckle. Because this company does not have an option to supply for my Daytona I went with them for the sub. I heard that it is more comfortable to wear this company's bracelet.

The LV is on the oyster band & LN on a strap, the bracelet is in the safe w hang tags still on it aka never used.

I have another oyster bracelet in the safe but it's PCL for my gmt blnr - also never worn.

Are you with me so far? I do not want to use either of these pristine bracelets for the rubber B and in fact I want to only be able to find the easyglide clasp so that I can put it on and set it up and have it ready to go.

I wonder if I can get the clasp only from Rolex in nyc?

When I showed up in the City this summer and as far as super jubilee bracelet to put on my BLNR they told me to get lost.

What do you think?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Big_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2015, 12:50 AM   #2
tomilg
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513, SD4K
I have my SD4K on an Everest strap with the Easyglide Clasp that came on the SD4K. It makes it quick and switch between watches.

If you're concerned about the clasp getting banged up, you could always have just the clasp buffed or polished at a later date.
tomilg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2015, 02:00 AM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Fan View Post
So I finally decided to get a rubber strap from a quality provider.

Rubberb for the brown strap to go w my choc daytona. The leather strap it comes on really limits it's "wrist time" and because I have to travel often I am not fond of taking it off while I'm in the shower because that is how you forget things. This uses my deployment buckle but I believe it has to be cut to size me.

Everest for the SubC. I have LN & LV, so an all black strap that uses my deployment buckle. Because this company does not have an option to supply for my Daytona I went with them for the sub. I heard that it is more comfortable to wear this company's bracelet.

The LV is on the oyster band & LN on a strap, the bracelet is in the safe w hang tags still on it aka never used.

I have another oyster bracelet in the safe but it's PCL for my gmt blnr - also never worn.

Are you with me so far? I do not want to use either of these pristine bracelets for the rubber B and in fact I want to only be able to find the easyglide clasp so that I can put it on and set it up and have it ready to go.

I wonder if I can get the clasp only from Rolex in nyc?

When I showed up in the City this summer and as far as super jubilee bracelet to put on my BLNR they told me to get lost.

What do you think?

Why keep the bracelets in the safe some of mine are over 20 years old and were used as working tools for many years before I retired from diving.Yet bracelets still look good today with very little wear.Yes they are scratched but when serviced come back as good as new.And if you could possibly source a glidlock clasp which is doubtful, expect to pay well over $1200 just for clasp alone.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2015, 02:09 AM   #4
sco
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subc AT 8500 CSO
I like my rubber strap on my Breitling, but I only keep that on for a month or two over the summer. I would wear the oyster bracelets over any rubber choice. Are you planning on selling them?
sco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2015, 03:02 AM   #5
Big_Fan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Why keep the bracelets in the safe some of mine are over 20 years old and were used as working tools for many years before I retired from diving.Yet bracelets still look good today with very little wear.Yes they are scratched but when serviced come back as good as new.And if you could possibly source a glidlock clasp which is doubtful, expect to pay well over $1200 just for clasp alone.
No they are in the safe for a few reasons. 1, I cannot stand the look of the polished center link on the oyster band and so therefore for my GMT I took it off and replaced it but I always want to be able to have the bracelet and all its original parts just in case.
2, the Submariner is brand new and I bought it specifically so I could wear it on nato, perlon, rubber because I already have a submariner that I wear on an Oyster bracelet.
3, the money I do not need it's more important that I keep it original.
4, I have seen a lot of old watches where the stretch is out of control and so for someone who has two young sons there will be a time where I can pull something out of the safe and say hey this is for you and oh by the way the bracelet is perfect.

This is a tough one I think I'm just going to call the dude that I got my watch from because we talked about it and he was saying I could buy it with the head only and save some money.... I'm going to come back and see if he csn do it.

Stay tuned! Although I could take the buckle off any of my other watches and I know that I could certainly polish it anytime I just don't even want to deal with it I want to just be able to reach into the safe grab the rubber be bracelet and snap it on.

Big_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2015, 04:08 AM   #6
tkerrmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: ME RACE PORSCHES
gotta admit I would have stuck with the bracelets the watches came with
tkerrmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2015, 05:38 AM   #7
johneh
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Why don't you use one of the clasps you already have, and then try to source a new one later if you really think you need to. At least you'll be able to use the strap you got now.
Old 8 December 2015, 11:42 PM   #8
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Very true- they come up very nicely after service. Glidelock clasp will definitely be pricey but the big challenge will be even to get one from an AD. Probably be very tricky?
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2015, 12:43 AM   #9
LuminousMaximus
"TRF" Member

Watch: me hit Huge Lotto
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkerrmd View Post
gotta admit i would have stuck with the bracelets the watches came with
+1 even if they were not the latest and hreatest...Just to keep them stock

To really lives means to live your life to the fullest. It means to chase your dreams, take risks, and to love life.
Since everyone’s fate is the same, why not live the best life that you possibly can? In order to really live,you must seize the day.
Live each day as if it's your last and overall just do it! Today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present...
LuminousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote