The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 May 2017, 04:32 AM   #1
Karlig
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub Hulk
Jomashop Speedmaster deal?

Omega Speedmaster Stainless Steel Mens Watch 311.33.42.30.01.001, saw this watch at Jomashop and thought it was a good deal at 3,149.00. What do you guys think? I am aware that their watches come wo a factory warranty but that doesn't really bother me. This is the 1861, hesalite, 42mm with leather strap, deployment, manual wind, Man on the moon. New in box. Just the specs I am looking for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0028.JPG (35.5 KB, 699 views)
Karlig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2017, 06:09 AM   #2
Bluside
2024 Pledge Member

I can't answer your question about Jomashop. I have never bought from them. It seems like a good price. If needed, a full service from Omega will cost you $750 and then you will have a full 2 year warranty.

That being said...a few sellers on here sell a BNIB Speedy for $3,500 with the bracelet and a full, or close to, 2 year warranty.
Bluside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2017, 06:32 AM   #3
Goin2drt
Banned

Good price and great seller. I have purchased from them with no issues at all.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2017, 04:29 AM   #4
JeremyS
"TRF" Member

I've purchased from Jomashop before--not something like the Speedmaster Pro--and had no issues. You just have to ask yourself if the Jomashop price is significantly lower than anything you could get from a Trusted seller with a warranty card. If you have an issue with the watch, it will cost you $750 plus the cost of parts to fix. The Speedmaster Pro is a reliable watch, but things can happen. I would add in the price of a full service to the Jomashop price, and then see if there's a BNIB version with a warranty on sale from a trusted seller for less. In other words, if you can find a BNIB Speedmaster Pro with a warranty card for less than $3899, it might be a safer option.
JeremyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2017, 04:36 AM   #5
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Just remember you don't have a warranty that will hold water. If you are good with that then go for it.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2017, 04:44 AM   #6
Goin2drt
Banned

Their warranty they give is just fine if you have issues. I know a couple that have sent it in for service and they did a great job. It isn't like they have some Jiffy Lube mechanic working on your watch.

Is you flip watches and plan on selling they get a factory warranty from a trusted seller. If you keep your watches like I do, they are perfect and a great value.

There is not much love on this forum for them so you will get very biased comments. There is another forum with hundreds and maybe thousands of great things to say about Joma.
Old 10 May 2017, 08:25 AM   #7
Kowalski
"TRF" Member

I have bought a few watches from them with no problems. I have returned one. The watch just wasn't what I wanted once I saw it in person. I returned it and they refunded the whole purchase price including shipping. I have no experience with them servicing a watch.
Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2017, 08:36 AM   #8
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin2drt View Post
Their warranty they give is just fine if you have issues. I know a couple that have sent it in for service and they did a great job. It isn't like they have some Jiffy Lube mechanic working on your watch.

Is you flip watches and plan on selling they get a factory warranty from a trusted seller. If you keep your watches like I do, they are perfect and a great value.

There is not much love on this forum for them so you will get very biased comments. There is another forum with hundreds and maybe thousands of great things to say about Joma.
I base my opinion on 4 watches that company has had to fix because Jomas did not fix them under their warranty. They told one customer "we don't have the equipment to pressures test your diver you bought from us, so if it is leaking we can't fix it". And then they stopped answering emails.

What is this forum you speak of that has only had great reviews about Jomas? Because reddit/watchuseek isn't one of them.

I own a few cheap watches from Jomas, if you can deal with them sometimes selling watches they don't have in stock and no warranty then you go for it.

Oh and they are exactly like Jiffy Lube. Try calling them with an issues and tell me what happens. You will be lucky if they answer your phone call.
Old 10 May 2017, 08:54 AM   #9
Goin2drt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post

I base my opinion on 4 watches that company has had to fix because Jomas did not fix them under their warranty. They told one customer "we don't have the equipment to pressures test your diver you bought from us, so if it is leaking we can't fix it". And then they stopped answering emails.

What is this forum you speak of that has only had great reviews about Jomas? Because reddit/watchuseek isn't one of them.

I own a few cheap watches from Jomas, if you can deal with them sometimes selling watches they don't have in stock and no warranty then you go for it.

Oh and they are exactly like Jiffy Lube. Try calling them with an issues and tell me what happens. You will be lucky if they answer your phone call.
I guess that is your opinion. I have had ZERO issues and neither have any of my friends with personal experiences. There are plenty of good reviews for them.
Old 10 May 2017, 10:08 AM   #10
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin2drt View Post
I guess that is your opinion. I have had ZERO issues and neither have any of my friends with personal experiences. There are plenty of good reviews for them.
Yes it is my opinion. It is based off of actual new broken watches from Jomas. We have a Breitling that has cost more than a Rolex BLNR after all of the work it needed done to make it correct. Not to mention a Omega Seamaster and two IWC's. So the owners got a cheap deal at Jomas but in the long run they got stuck with a broken watch with more money into it then it is worth.

Did you once deal with their customer service? If not then your opinion isn't based off of CS, only off of buying. For me it has to be a great experience all around before I would recommend them. Because Jiffy Lube might be great until you have a problem.
Old 10 May 2017, 11:48 AM   #11
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
Yes it is my opinion. It is based off of actual new broken watches from Jomas. We have a Breitling that has cost more than a Rolex BLNR after all of the work it needed done to make it correct. Not to mention a Omega Seamaster and two IWC's. So the owners got a cheap deal at Jomas but in the long run they got stuck with a broken watch with more money into it then it is worth.

Did you once deal with their customer service? If not then your opinion isn't based off of CS, only off of buying. For me it has to be a great experience all around before I would recommend them. Because Jiffy Lube might be great until you have a problem.
^This

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2017, 12:45 PM   #12
ras47
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
It's not a bad price, but you can do better with trusted sellers here and on the Omega Forums. Also check out WatchUSeek

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/ome...a-4307682.html
Old 10 May 2017, 01:02 PM   #13
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
I don't think it is a bad deal if they have the watch in stock. But, I think you can do the same or a little better with a big volume seller here or on omega forum. And you will likely still have an omega warranty if it is a new piece.

I have no experience with Jomashop warranty or repairs but some of their sales practices raise a red flag to me. Such as their current advertisement of an Oris bronze diver. I have one. Have a friend that wanted one. They advertise the watch for $1700 (no way in hell they will ever deliver on this) but when we got them on the phone they said they could get the watch but it was not in stock and then offered to take his money. Knowing this is a totally unrealistic expectation and a bait and switch he decided to move on. This has been the one of the main complaints I have heard about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2017, 08:54 PM   #14
ajas
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, Pam, Speede
Seems a good deal but I always give priority to trusted sellers on this forum
ajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2017, 03:02 AM   #15
hoppes-no9
"TRF" Member

I've purchased two Speedies (on bracelet) from Jomashop in the last two years. Heck of a deal and great experiences.
hoppes-no9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2017, 10:40 AM   #16
bayok
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN, BLNR
Plus $50 off with coupon "DMOONMG30"
bayok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2017, 05:15 AM   #17
captainron62
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King 40mm
I bought a TAG CARRERA from Authenticwatches.com. It had an issue with the date not rolling over at Midnight. I sent back to them and the supposedly sent to TAG under the the original warranty. It was explained to me that the warranty was actually in someones name at AW and they send the watch in. Whatever or however it worked out just fine and that was years ago. I plan to continue to buy from AW and would recommend. JOMA I have no experience with.
captainron62 is offline   Reply With Quote