The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 May 2017, 04:58 AM   #1
occb2
Banned

Watch: Submariner 16610
Fake dial?

Can I ask a question? I know the answer but want to make sure that I am right. I am going to report this. I know that there are aftermarket parts. I know that companies make cases and thing for Rolex. But if they put the Rolex name is that is what makes it a crime? I know the answer but does anyone else think this should be reported to Ebay? He listed the "Aftermarket" dial but that is not an aftermarket dial. That is a fake dial! Aftermarket wouldn't have Rolex name right? I have seen redone dials. Startime sales them but they don't mess with the dial. They had them re-lum. I reported it. Just wondering what the rest of you think?

Here is the sale!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-Submar...EAAOSw7GRZCk30
occb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2017, 05:04 AM   #2
eswilly
"TRF" Member

I agree with you.
We all know they're aftermarket pieces but that and fake are two different things.
If I list my wm9 black dial on eBay as "aftermarket" and sell it for even a steep discount knowing its fake...ITS STILL FAKE.
There ain't nothin aftermarket about it.
I think you did the right thing.
If we're watching for rep watches are we checking for rep dials? What about rep hands? Crowns? Xtals?
You could order these parts from a TD and just sell them as gen on eBay. Whose checking if we aren't??
I'd love to sell my black 16613 dial as gen. Clipped feet and all. Someone would buy it for a couple hundred and damaged. Shameful but you could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eswilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2017, 05:09 AM   #3
occb2
Banned

Watch: Submariner 16610
Wow. Just went through his sells. This is a common thing on his watches. "Custom dial" and "Aftermarket" dial. I know that people do customize their dials. They do bezels too. But at that point I thought Rolex will no longer work on the watch. But to reprint a dial is that not a copyright thing? If not, all those singer dials on Ebay are dials done over. That would legitimize the dial! This guy is wrong! I am all for doing what you want with your watch. I do. But to sell it makes it wrong and people will buy it and find out the hard way that there is not "Aftermarket" dial. A reprinted dial is fake. A dial made to fit a Rolex and Rolex name printed is fake!
occb2 is offline   Reply With Quote