The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 4 March 2017, 11:24 AM   #1
Canook
"TRF" Member

Watch: too many to list
this for that?

ok ive got a 2004 Seadweller which is my daily (most of the time) and i love it dearly but it looks small on my wrist... ive got Maxi case subs which are fine but the SD just looks alot smaller.... hence my conundrum................ i was offered a DJ II silver dial with the blue numerals as a swap(2013 full set)

whats our thoughts on this? the size suits my wrist but in saying that the original oyster looks good in any size on any wrist (my DD looks fine on my wrist as far as im concerned) but the Sub/Seadweller is a bit different and i think thats because of the smaller lugs and smaller looking dial)optical illusion i know)
picture of the DJII for reference ... we all know what a 16600 looks like as they dont really have many options lol!
-16610LV KERMIT
-116600 SD4000....16612 Yachtmaster- 16710 PEPSI
-216570(polar)
-
-Yachtmaster II 116688 126300 Datejust 41 jubilee

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
Canook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2017, 11:36 AM   #2
Atleo
Banned

I have effectively retired my explorer I in favor of my sea dweller. This is a different watch entirely than the djii. However, the reasons I prefer the sea dweller may be relevant.

1. It does everything I want a watch to do and is universally wearable in literally any setting.

2. Repeat number one.

The explorer did 99 percent of thugs I could ever want. It didn't have a date. If they made an explorer with a date and no bubble window, I'd be all over it. They don't. The sea dweller feels more robust than the sub and for that reason I prefer it. Others may prefer the sub, and clearly do as it is nearly universally accepted in any setting. But the magnifier...

So, the djii is beautiful but it will not likely be an all day every day watch like the sea dweller.

If this is just me watch of many, then swap away and enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Atleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2017, 05:56 PM   #3
Canook
"TRF" Member

yeah ive got a couple of subs already so i figured this would diversify my collection a bit.... my only concern is all this talk of Rolex discontinuing the SD which will make mine a bit of a collectable.... i do like it but i dont not want to own one again if you catch my drift, if the become discontinued that may not be a easy option
-16610LV KERMIT
-216570(polar)
-

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
Old 4 March 2017, 06:07 PM   #4
Bigsykedaddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: LVc | SubC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canook View Post
yeah ive got a couple of subs already so i figured this would diversify my collection a bit.... my only concern is all this talk of Rolex discontinuing the SD which will make mine a bit of a collectable.... i do like it but i dont not want to own one again if you catch my drift, if the become discontinued that may not be a easy option
I like the DJ , however I am waiting for the DJ 41 in stainless steel / white gold. I think the proportions are much better. Since you are questioning keeping your SD because the current model may be discontinued. Have you thought about waiting until Basel and seeing if they do in fact discontinue the SD and to see if you might prefer the DJ 41 in SS/WG?
Bigsykedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2017, 06:43 PM   #5
Canook
"TRF" Member

yeah good call... i might sit tight for now on this... these dont come up too often in this neck of the woods due to the size. Most Asian countries like smaller sizes due to smaller wrists... i on the other hand have little over 7.5" wrists so they dont really cater for my fat a55 here hence i was considering jumping on this deal lol!
-16610LV KERMIT
-216570(polar)
-