The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 May 2017, 05:33 AM   #1
larkja
"TRF" Member

More advice please on a 14060

Okay, almost narrowed down. I'm either going to go with Jacek in San Francisco, or a private seller. The private seller seems legit and I don't have a bad "gut feel" from him like from other people that have e-mailed me. He provided a bunch of pics and info, the best three are as follows.

Thoughts?

Thanks

subface.jpg

subCOA.jpg

subback.jpg
larkja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2017, 06:16 AM   #2
tommy91
"TRF" Member

Looks fine but your really going to have to trust this private seller. I personally wouldn't wire money for a private sale. I would only meet in AD with the watch and have them authenticate it, to me it's just not worth dealing with private sellers any other way.
tommy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2017, 06:20 AM   #3
larkja
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy91 View Post
Looks fine but your really going to have to trust this private seller. I personally wouldn't wire money for a private sale. I would only meet in AD with the watch and have them authenticate it, to me it's just not worth dealing with private sellers any other way.
"Authenticate" meaning open the back to inspect?

Thanks
Old 26 May 2017, 06:25 AM   #4
larkja
"TRF" Member

You helped me make up my mind. For my first purchase, going to visit the AD and go that route just to be sure. Might pay a little more, but going to be able to guarantee it's legit. Too many good fakes out there.

Thanks
Old 26 May 2017, 06:28 AM   #5
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

If you're out by Jacek in San Francisco.....I'd take the watch to rsc or a reputable watchmaker to open and see movement. The picture looks fine but you can never be sure these days.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2017, 06:46 AM   #6
larkja
"TRF" Member

Very strange. So far today, I had two people contact me with watches. One is the above, and another very similar. I asked for numbers and tried to call both. On both occasions, the call was rejected and the individual called me right back. "Mike" was the one above, and "Mark" was this morning. Both had very heavy non-US accents, there was a slight delay when speaking (like old international calls), and both of the connections were horrible.

I'm tempted to post numbers and pics in the "Watch Out" section.
Old 26 May 2017, 06:51 AM   #7
larkja
"TRF" Member

Oh yea...

"Mark" claimed to be from Wyoming, and "Mike" claimed to be from Las Vegas. They both sounded very similar - but did have different #s.
Old 26 May 2017, 06:55 AM   #8
The Libertine
Banned

Watch: 16710;14060;214270
Why not contact one of the trusted sellers here on the forum, such as a DavidSW, to see if they either have, or can locate the model you look to buy.
The Libertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2017, 07:00 AM   #9
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post
Why not contact one of the trusted sellers here on the forum, such as a DavidSW, to see if they either have, or can locate the model you look to buy.
Or you had it right the first time, just go to HQMilton and talk to Jacek and the gang....they'll take care of you and you'd be worry free.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2017, 07:27 AM   #10
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Buying from anyone online who doesn't have references or a history is risky.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2017, 08:05 AM   #11
larkja
"TRF" Member

Been an Omega guy for a couple years, and never had a problem with a seller. I guess Rolex is such a well-known brand, there are fakes and fakers everywhere. As they say, "Buyer Beware."

I'm an hour or so away from San Francisco, so will try to visit HQMilton tomorrow, or perhaps next week.

Thanks for the feedback
Old 26 May 2017, 08:09 AM   #12
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by larkja View Post
Been an Omega guy for a couple years, and never had a problem with a seller. I guess Rolex is such a well-known brand, there are fakes and fakers everywhere. As they say, "Buyer Beware."

I'm an hour or so away from San Francisco, so will try to visit HQMilton tomorrow, or perhaps next week.

Thanks for the feedback
You can't go wrong with Jacek and HQ Milton.

Most of the trusted sellers here are selling much newer watches than a 14060. They'd have to source one for you from a private seller. IMO, you'll save time, money, and aggravation going to Jacek and the gang first.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2017, 08:21 AM   #13
larkja
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
You can't go wrong with Jacek and HQ Milton.

Most of the trusted sellers here are selling much newer watches than a 14060. They'd have to source one for you from a private seller. IMO, you'll save time, money, and aggravation going to Jacek and the gang first.

^^^ Thanks
Old 26 May 2017, 09:20 AM   #14
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
FWIW DavidSW has 4 of them on his site.
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2017, 09:59 AM   #15
larkja
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cda555 View Post
FWIW DavidSW has 4 of them on his site.
Yes, I saw those. Unfortunately, the cheapest one is $5,500. Sure, it has box and papers, but seems like a lot for one with no service. Then again, I may have to elevate my expectations :-)
Old 26 May 2017, 10:33 AM   #16
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Yes, I saw those. Unfortunately, the cheapest one is $5,500. Sure, it has box and papers, but seems like a lot for one with no service. Then again, I may have to elevate my expectations :-)
His prices seem a bit high. You can get one from Bob's with B&P for the same price. Bob's is usually over priced.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2017, 11:39 AM   #17
mtgjr
Banned

Watch: Pepsi GMT
Quote:
That crown guard looks pretty gnarly.
mtgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2017, 11:56 AM   #18
larkja
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgjr View Post
That crown guard looks pretty gnarly.
Good catch; looked right past that one. Going to go with one of the "trusted" sellers here on the site.

Thanks for all the words of wisdom.
Old 26 May 2017, 12:03 PM   #19
Glyph
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 Red Sub
Jacek at HQ Milton is awesome. I've purchased 4 Rolex watches from HQM and never had a problem. I've also consigned through them and had excellent experiences all around
Glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2017, 12:08 PM   #20
flintsghost
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16600
There are a couple of "trusted" sellers on site that I personally have had suspicions about. One thing I ask anyone I'm trying to buy from is to take a picture that shows both the serial number of the watch and the serial number on the warranty card. Of the people who have gladly provided same, I've never had a disappointment. Today one "trusted" dealer on site who has a jewelry store said he doesn't disclose serial numbers. This is a south Florida dealer. A few days ago a "trusted" dealer on site said he wouldn't do it because he expects me to trust him as he wouldn't jeopardize his reputation that way. He was a California dealer. My LEO background tells me that I am suspicious by nature and when someone won't disclose numbers who has a storefront then I believe he/she is fencing stolen watches and probably knows it of is at the very least worried about it. As for your phone calls when you can't get through or the call is rejected then I would suspect scamming from outside the US, especially with the delay in call which still occurs internationally. The accent also tends to be a clue you shouldn't disregard.
flintsghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2017, 12:38 PM   #21
wizman
Banned

It is too risky to take a risk!

Life is full of risk.
wizman is offline   Reply With Quote