The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 9 March 2019, 10:30 AM   #1
Bruin20
"TRF" Member

Speedmaster comfort compared to Rolex?

Could anyone comment on how comfortable a Rolex oyster is compared to the hesalite speedy?

Currently have a speedy on leather strap and find it gets caught on my dress cuff sleeve because of the bezel shape and seems a bit unbalanced (flips up and down on my wrist) unless I have the strap as tight as possible.

Any similar issues with Rolex? Currently looking at Explorer and OP39
Bruin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2019, 02:12 PM   #2
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
I think there will be a significant difference. When it comes to comfort and fit for most people, the OP39 is arguably the benchmark in its category.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2019, 03:24 PM   #3
Dr Watches
Banned

Rolex sells a lot of different watches. With that said, my speedmaster is more comfortable than the divers and less comfortable than my Daytona.
Dr Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2019, 04:17 PM   #4
Av8or3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Although I really love my new speedy, my GMT is decidedly more comfortable to wear.
Av8or3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2019, 04:20 PM   #5
Chrislec
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin20 View Post
Currently have a speedy on leather strap and find it gets caught on my dress cuff sleeve because of the bezel shape and seems a bit unbalanced (flips up and down on my wrist) unless I have the strap as tight as possible.
This is due to the leather strap being too light (same issue with my Speedy hesalite) although I find it extraordinary comfortable to wear thanks to the light weight compared to a similar sized watch, due to the manual wind movement which makes the watch lighter. Ideal when I want to feel light.

But the 42mm size and shape doesn't go well with dress cuff sleeves. Dress sleeves with cufflinks don't open equally round to fit a big watch, but rather ovale, unpractical for wide watch cases.
For these, and Explorer1 is the perfect choice both because of size and conic bezel, + metal bracelet which will balance better than your speedy on leather.
Chrislec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2019, 01:20 AM   #6
MAWhite
Banned

Watch: Never Just One!
Bracelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Watches View Post
Rolex sells a lot of different watches. With that said, my speedmaster is more comfortable than the divers and less comfortable than my Daytona.
Have you tried a Rolex diver with the glide lock feature?
My 43mm SeaDweller is by far the most comfortable bracelet I own. This pleasantly surprised me as it is pretty thick and broad.
MAWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2019, 02:42 AM   #7
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

I’ve never really liked the speedmaster bracelet, but I find the Hesalite speedy on a strap to be far more comfortable than any Rolex. As mentioned, likely due to its light weight
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2019, 03:29 AM   #8
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

For me, speedy is not comfortable on bracelet. On fabric or leather It is about the same comfort as subC or GMT2C But not as comfortable as 6 digit exporer, Daytona, YM, OP39 or any 5 digit Rolex. My wrist is 6.75in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2019, 03:54 AM   #9
Dr Watches
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAWhite View Post
Have you tried a Rolex diver with the glide lock feature?
My 43mm SeaDweller is by far the most comfortable bracelet I own. This pleasantly surprised me as it is pretty thick and broad.
I have a small wrist, so the glidelock clasp isn’t good for me. The clasp takes up way too much “bracelet space” on my wrist.
Dr Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2019, 10:52 PM   #10
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin20 View Post
Could anyone comment on how comfortable a Rolex oyster is compared to the hesalite speedy?

Any similar issues with Rolex? Currently looking at Explorer and OP39

I have an older 16610, a 2014 Daytona, and a speed pro. I know many have problems getting a good fit with their speedy bracelets due to the difficulty of not having a fine adjustment. I am one of the few that happens to be lucky and my speedy pro fits fantastically and is as comfortable as my oyster bracelets.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2019, 12:07 AM   #11
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Speedy pro is an enormous watch to wear with cuff / form attire, whilst its totally fine, you will get those snagging issue you mentioned.

Explorer/OP/DJ all with a slim profile, would certainly sit better

Even a 39mm speedy with leather vintage pin buckle sits quite tall

This particular one wears much smaller, is very well balanced and slimline with that particular strap, but... Speedmasters by design have a lip under the bezel to protect the pusher stems that snag cuffs and of course a domed crystal. Not truly designs for cuff wear.

Explorer is supremely comfortable and solidly balanced. A great all rounder.

Other than that a JLC moon phase is my fav cuff watch.
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote