"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
no regrets but i didnt buy brand new i bought in great condition
htc8p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2020, 03:51 PM   #62
Kostas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: @ kostastimepieces
the rolex 6 digit gold pieces arent even that heavy.

Try on an AP brick and see what im talking about :haha:
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2020, 04:27 PM   #63
Singslinger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
You can get tired of anything. I daresay that's what happened in your case, as you flipped a watch that you, in your own words, "loved."

The real moral to the story is keep the watches you love and add the ones you think you might like. That way, if it doesn't work out, you can always show the prospects the door.
Well said and very true.
Singslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2020, 08:06 PM   #64
s7horton
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613LB, 126610…..
DavidSW doesn’t have a 116619LB or a 116610LV right now. I’m sure he will restock soon. I bought the smurf for a reason, so it’s quite possible I would regret selling it. Perhaps adding to it is what’s required.
s7horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2020, 08:20 PM   #65
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7horton View Post
I bought a 116610LV in 2016, before all the hype. I loved that watch and wore it for just over three years. The opportunity presented itself to make a shift to the 116619LB. I jumped on it. I do enjoy my smurf and I do wear it every day. Lately I’ve been feeling like the additional weight is quite annoying, and I’m really missing the sunburst green.

I’m curious, those that wear PM literally every day, do you tire of it? My dad had a 16618LB for about 25 years but it was part of a rotation of four others. In additional, the smurf is much heavier than his was.

I spoke with my AD whom I have a great relationship. He told me that he can’t remember the last time he saw a green sub and just can’t predict if or ever they will get one again. Perhaps I need to sit tight, but everyone here know what it’s like when your mind starts to think about making a shift. I’m not interested in paying the premium the green sub commands on the secondary market. At least not $16k-$17k.
It's easy to want to look back and wish a change wasn't made. I occasionally consider that after trading in a collection for my Pt Daytona and a watch for my wife. Sometimes I even wonder for what reason am I'm wearing such an expensive piece. Generally those thoughts are fleeting. It's nice to have a number of other watches with which to rotate and to make the Pt piece more special when I wear it. While its in the shop being spa'd, I'm considering wearing it mainly for special occasions and wearing other less dear pieces. But in reality, all my watches are dear as would any Rolex be whether PM or SS. I can honestly say that I really wouldn't rebuy any of the pieces I've sold. There are other watches I'd consider but I'm not going backwards. I also know that if I were to unload the Pt piece I'd regret it big time. So I'll just have to live with what I've got and maybe add another watch or two. Two I keep looking at are the Explorer and the Air King both in their current configuration.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2020, 08:29 PM   #66
peterpl
Banned

I think you are just suffering from "I miss it because I dont have it anymore syndrome"

This happens to everyone and in all aspects of life.

1) I miss my ex girlfriend too. When we were together had awesome sex and a great relationship but after a long time together it gets less special. After we broke up I missed it. LOL

2) I miss my race cars as well. Sold a bunch of them thought they were too slow when I had them, they were too old, had too many issues. Bought a Porsche GT3 and although its a awesome car still miss my others I sold and sometimes think selling the GT3 and rebuying the old ones back.

3) I miss my old house as well. It had a traditional aesthetic and was aging but had nice heritage and felt like a home. Upgraded to a brand new place, top of the line everything but sometimes I still feel like I would want the old one back.

This is exactly what is happening with you with your watch.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2020, 08:56 PM   #67
Maiden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan111 View Post
Almost perfect. My perfect neovintage is a 16618 with maxi dial, AR date mag, ceramic bezel insert, modern SEL, bracelet, and glide lock.
Basically a 116618 but with the 5 digit case.

Thanks, I have a subC and appreciate all the advantages of the six digit. I just found in gold I liked the more elegant look of the five digit. I will say though,given the solid end links and the weight of the gold, the five digit bracelet looks and feels great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omega Geneve
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAY2112
Orient Ray 2
Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2020, 09:43 PM   #68
Jpccarguy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7horton View Post
DavidSW doesn’t have a 116619LB or a 116610LV right now. I’m sure he will restock soon. I bought the smurf for a reason, so it’s quite possible I would regret selling it. Perhaps adding to it is what’s required.
There's another LV on another TS site. I was just looking at it this morning.

Jpccarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2020, 09:46 PM   #69
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
I think you are just suffering from "I miss it because I dont have it anymore syndrome"

This happens to everyone and in all aspects of life.

1) I miss my ex girlfriend too. When we were together had awesome sex and a great relationship but after a long time together it gets less special. After we broke up I missed it. LOL

2) I miss my race cars as well. Sold a bunch of them thought they were too slow when I had them, they were too old, had too many issues. Bought a Porsche GT3 and although its a awesome car still miss my others I sold and sometimes think selling the GT3 and rebuying the old ones back.

3) I miss my old house as well. It had a traditional aesthetic and was aging but had nice heritage and felt like a home. Upgraded to a brand new place, top of the line everything but sometimes I still feel like I would want the old one back.

This is exactly what is happening with you with your watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote