The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 5 September 2014, 01:13 PM   #1
htc8p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
getting really impressed with omega

they really are on a strong momentum. i got to handle the 15000 gauss.

i think they already out class zenith as a a watchmaker and a brand.
htc8p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2014, 02:37 PM   #2
Banned

I agree. The 8500 movement really brought them to the next level IMO. Their fit and finish is fantastic these days.
997.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2014, 03:53 PM   #3
malarky_hk
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Looking forward to seeing the new Seamaster 300 - that watch is retro hawt!!
malarky_hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2014, 12:25 AM   #4
asadtiger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tissot PRX
yeah I think the new offerings, the 15000 gauss versions, the seamaster 300 return, the tresor, the DSOM, the new Speedy LE in titanium and gold and the Speedy MKII are all absolute home runs and adding the venerable old boys like the PO series (diver, GMT, chrono) and the Speedies and the Hour Vision, one is actually confused which to get as they are all so desirable in their own ways and there are always the absolute niche Bullheads and the PloProfs and X-33/Z-33!!! I really think right now Omega has the best and most varied collection to choose from with confidence.
asadtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2014, 03:13 AM   #5
DrTom
"TRF" Member

Watch: gmt master
what he said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by asadtiger View Post
yeah I think the new offerings, the 15000 gauss versions, the seamaster 300 return, the tresor, the DSOM, the new Speedy LE in titanium and gold and the Speedy MKII are all absolute home runs and adding the venerable old boys like the PO series (diver, GMT, chrono) and the Speedies and the Hour Vision, one is actually confused which to get as they are all so desirable in their own ways and there are always the absolute niche Bullheads and the PloProfs and X-33/Z-33!!! I really think right now Omega has the best and most varied collection to choose from with confidence.
DrTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2014, 05:01 AM   #6
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asadtiger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTom View Post
what he said....
What he said that he said...
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2014, 06:04 AM   #7
EEParker
"TRF" Member

I've got an original Seamaster 300 and I'm not sold on the new one. I like watches that have patina because they were worn for years an aged, not made that way, but I'm excited they brought the watch back. Maybe the old ones will go up in value as a result
EEParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2014, 08:55 AM   #8
Cesium133
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarky_hk View Post
Looking forward to seeing the new Seamaster 300 - that watch is retro hawt!!
Saw one recently. You won't be disappointed. A great update to a classic piece IMHO.
Cesium133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2014, 10:54 AM   #9
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Yup, Omega is really stepping up their game.

I finally had a chance to check out the Speedy 57 and DSOM yesterday.

I was a little bit disappointed by the 57. Quality wise, everything was there. It was a solid watch, the pushers felt great, etc..., but as I had suspected, it was very, very thick.

To be honest, the DSOM never interested me. I have seen it in person, but never handled it in person. It wasn't until I had it in my hands that everything changed. The ceramic case felt amazing and although it is a thick watch, because of it's diameter, the overall size is more proportionate than the 57. It is a large watch, but felt great on my average wrist (6.75").
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2014, 02:30 PM   #10
htc8p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
i went in AD after being in hibernation. i found zenith el primero, captain elite, pilot etc. but none of them struck me. like they were average like zenith didnt put something special or their design wasnt spectacular.

then i went to see omega and that 15000AT really stuck out. maybe it was the design as well as the fact that omega developed a super antimagnetic watch.

while i dont plan on getting an omega...yet....they deserve RESPECT. i dont think other brands put this much effort in quite a while.
htc8p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2014, 04:46 PM   #11
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
I love where Omega is going as a brand with in house movements and their new designs, but the 8500 movements are making the watches too thick IMHO.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is online now   Reply With Quote