The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 September 2018, 06:49 PM   #61
Ian Macdermott
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the detectives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibei View Post
Yes, and of course that means that you should boil it in a kettle every day...

Did I say you should boil your watch, no I just mentioned that it had been done by Rolex to show how tough their watches were. This was of course before they became high priced jewellery.
Old 22 September 2018, 08:07 PM   #62
Buzzlite
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't get it. I have had my Rolex for about 5 months now and it has not been steam cleaned, dish washed or been through a car wash. What are you doing with the watches to make them so dirty? I wear mine every day and a few months from now I may consider cleaning it with a little mild soap, warm water and a microfiber cloth.

Don't steam clean your watch. Don't use a toothbrush either, unless you want to brush tiny scratches into your watch. Clean it, but not according to some arbitrary schedule. A watch is just like any other thing. If it is clean, leave it alone. If it is dirty, clean it. Just don't risk damaging anything, especially the seals and grease that keep it waterproof. Harsh cleaning will sooner or later do that.
Alot of dead skin and oils from skin accumulates between the links. It accelerates bracelet stretch. You be suprised the amount if gunk that comes out if you put bracelet into ultrasonic cleaner " watch head out of fluid" only put bracelet in. The are plenty of ultrasonic cleaners that have the half moon basket that enables you to do this.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Buzzlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 10:55 PM   #63
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126619LB and more
AD has steam cleaned some of my watches. No I’ll effects. I usually just clean mine with a soft toothbrush and Dawn liquid detergent.
Call me crazy .....I’ll admit I have also used a Water-Pik to clean the bracelet. Works quite nicely by the way.
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 12:25 AM   #64
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
I don't get it. I have had my Rolex for about 5 months now and it has not been steam cleaned, dish washed or been through a car wash. What are you doing with the watches to make them so dirty? I wear mine every day and a few months from now I may consider cleaning it with a little mild soap, warm water and a microfiber cloth.

Don't steam clean your watch. Don't use a toothbrush either, unless you want to brush tiny scratches into your watch. Clean it, but not according to some arbitrary schedule. A watch is just like any other thing. If it is clean, leave it alone. If it is dirty, clean it. Just don't risk damaging anything, especially the seals and grease that keep it waterproof. Harsh cleaning will sooner or later do that.
You'll get a ton of advice, some sound, some not so much. I'm not trying to convince you to do anything you don't want to do with your watch. Your watch, your business. However, on this issue, I will tell you that your watch bracelet isn't as clean as you think it is.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 12:49 AM   #65
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
I duct tape my platinum Daytona to the side of my car and run it through the car wash. Comes out nice and clean although a bit gummy from the duct tape. (*_*)

WD40 will take that off. Then it will be slippery, so you have to use Dawn to remove the greasy feeling.

I could really trigger everyone and post this.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 01:30 AM   #66
RayShepherd
Banned

It wouldn't be the first time he has steam cleaned a watch and you said it was a professional service and all so you should be good
RayShepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2018, 01:34 AM   #67
Available Mase
Banned

I wouldn't do it.
Available Mase is offline   Reply With Quote